Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: A Thank You Note....

Chapter Master

Re: A Thank You Note....

Thanks guys!
    Sqallum
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hatl View Post
    ALL SHALL FALL BEFORE THE ENDLESS CRUSADE! HERESY IS WEAKNESS! HUMANITY SHALL PREVAIL, WITH THE EMPROR'S WILL AS ITS STANDARD AND WATCHWORD! ONWARD, MY BROTHERS!

Seriously, if you're such a **** that you need a Chaos god to back you up in any fight you enter you deserve to get murdered. Real men do it by force of their own badass. And don't even get me started on those weak-ass mother **** psyker witch losers.

And another Thanks from me

Keep up to good Work
    COMMISSARS
    when there's something scary at the front,
    put something even scarier at the back!

The sensible and discerning Warseerites might be interessted in the following Dakkadakka thread: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...st/448304.page

It's a effortful project collecting and comparing rumors and the final products. Very educational for all who fequient rumor threads and helps to separate trustworthy and the less trustworthy.

That said, I thank all rumormongers who in good concience shared their information with us and I abhor trolls who lied to mislead us and make us doubt even the honest people.
    01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000110 01101100 01100101 01110011 01101000 00100000 01001001 01110011 00100000 01010111 01100101 01100001 01101011 00100001

I don't really like the idea behind that thread. IMO it isn't really fair on anyone to 'rate' their apparent credibility - we never know what goes on behind the scenes, or even what those people do in their lives. For all we know, someone who has low credibility in that thread because of frequently getting rumours wrong may just be getting stuff lost in translation. Whilst I understand the thread's creation and maintenance, it doesn't sit well with me.

Also, a big thank you to all sources here and on other websites. I am very excited about the impending releases! I am very grateful for you to be taking your time to tell us about oncoming releases.

I salute all those who spread rumor they heard and condemn all those who make them up...you know yourself which you are. Me? I'm just going to take everything with a bit of salt but try to keep a good attitude.

Thumbs up Re: A Thank You Note....

Another thanks from me

All rumours are good rumours (whether they pan out or not)

Sad that the forum trolls and naysayers are driving all the rumour guys away :cries:
    Running out of things to build for the poor Sororitas.
    In the meantime planning and working on AdMech is pretty fun
    01000001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101000 01100001 01101001 01101100 00100000 01001101 01100001 01110010 01110011 00100001

The way I see it, not only do we play toy soldiers (moderately nerdy) but we're actually on tinterweb talking about toy soldiers (rather more nerdy). In fact in this particular section, we're talking about theoretical toy solider models and rules that haven't yet come into existence yet. The fact that someone would wish to set up some sort of peer review scheme for the rumours about this process says much more about them than it does about the rumourmongers they are attempting to critique. Just to spell it out nice and plainly what it says is that they don't appear to have enough proper activity going on in their life - perhaps they need to spend more time doing a bit of painting or, dare I say it, actually playing with some of their toy soldiers.

Long story short, thank you to the rumourmongers out there, you provide of interesting discussion every so often whether your rumours turn out to be spot on the mark, a little off or indeed complete bunkum, its often interesting reading. To those who wish to peer review this process - no thank you sir.
    Sperm is a bit like lending someone less than a fiver. Its a bit awkward asking for it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Treadheadz View Post
    ..Sigh!
    I'm from Europe, where history is from,
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnos View Post
    It's always good to be immortalized until something funnier comes along.

Thank you to all rumour mongers. You're doing a great job even though facing increasingly difficult conditions.

Celtic_Cauldron
    :skull:

As always, a big thank you to all the real rumormongers out there. I appreciate the information you bring to the table.

First time i heared a rumor about the Plague flies, i was thinking hastings is kidding us!

But now we see these nice models!

Thanks to hastings, harry, stick and all the other mongers here at Warseer, great job, guys!
    cheers

Brother Sergeant

I really love this forum and especially news feds and rummors and more of what you give us. Thank you very much, keep up the good work

Chapter Master Morathi's Darkest Sin's Avatar

I think to understand that thread you have to take into account why it started, I'm not going to say if that was the right or wrong response, but I can see why alot of folks felt so strongly over the issue that they want it to be there. If I'm honest I'm not 100% it would fully protect against a similar issue coming again, but it allows some to take comfort of the validity of incoming rumour, otherwise we can all just make stuff up right and thats what was the goal of the thread, to try and stop that from recurring.

Now on saying that do I use it, nope, I take all rumours with a pinch of salt. Even from the heavy hitters who would often be the first to tell me or you that 'things can change' but at the same time I take more faith from a rumour coming from someone like Harry or Hastings, than FredblogsofrowZ. I've also used them as a marker again and again over the years like many people, as a indicator for a probable rumour which I think speaks for itself.
    Its certainly more interesting to have the rumours than not, just a shame these days its not the fun it was when I first logged on to Dakka Dakka back in around 03-04, and then Seer from 05 (Name has changed a couple of times over the years, but I've been here or there abouts) sadly it seems so bare in the rumour cupboard these days.

Oh and obviously a mandatory big thanks to all rumour mongers, you are all braver souls than I.
    -------------------
    Two White Horses - Denver Broncos and Ipswich Town fan
    < This post has a report Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I want add my thanks again. Especially to Hastings and Harry. Cheers!
    --Kyn

Armies: Waaagh! Þursblóð, Hivefleet Orochi

Scout

Thanking individuals it incredible, and yes, I concur, the greater part of the talk deliverers carry extraordinary work. On the other hand, posting in the mistaken gathering isn't the best approach to thank them- send them a private message!

Chaplain

My local GW manager has put a ban on any rumours being discussed instore or on the local gaming page on Facebook etc because he feels it damages sales.

I say the rumours make my wallet twitch like an 80s kid on E numbers!

Thanks to every one of the contributors. You make my hobby glands salivate constantly!

Chaos is truth, embrace the truth
    Hope is but the first step on the path to disappointment

Determination, perseverance, resolution...RESURRECTION!

thank you

regards.mike

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I don't really like the idea behind that thread. IMO it isn't really fair on anyone to 'rate' their apparent credibility - we never know what goes on behind the scenes, or even what those people do in their lives. For all we know, someone who has low credibility in that thread because of frequently getting rumours wrong may just be getting stuff lost in translation. Whilst I understand the thread's creation and maintenance, it doesn't sit well with me.

Also, a big thank you to all sources here and on other websites. I am very excited about the impending releases! I am very grateful for you to be taking your time to tell us about oncoming releases.
    That thread is the reason I'm on Warseer rather than Dakka now. All my info on the current Ork model releases has been 100% accurate (And will be with the rest of the model releaes coming), but then the guy that runs that tracker started tracking my discussions with other Ork players of of potential rules and codex changes, as rumours. Just me speculating with other people about possible changes, not put forwards as rumours, just the same theory crafting as in any thread. he then refused to remove them from the list.
    No more pre release info for Dakka from me.

http://imgur.com/bIuNPxE,2QMNgl0
    Not sure if this has been seen yet. All look nice

Quote Originally Posted by stahly View Post
    Thanks to all the people who kindly share their rumours - be it very accurate information and descriptions, vague hints of what there is to come or concept work. Thanks to 75hastings, Scryer in the Darkness, Harry, Stickmonkey, The Voice, Daemon Prince Adramalech and all the other occasional contributors. It is much appreciated and don't get an otherwise impression! Just ignore the constant naysayers who don't have any deeper understanding on how GW ticks and put them on your ignore list. Cheers!
    Perfectly said. Seconded! I don't normally venture outside of the Fantasy/WHQ forums, but this was a great reason to do so.
    My Vampire Counts/HeroQuest Plog: http://www.wickedmetal.blogspot.com
    I'm coining it right now, Warhammer 20K.
    Violently opposed to plogs with LINKS to big pictures, instead of big pictures on the plog...
    "If you make me click through, no comments for you!"

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10