Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thank You Note....

Re: A Thank You Note....

Yeah thank you guys, all of you! But with the loss of Brim and Scryer on "hiatus" I really don't share much due to the flame fest that come up , or the "this thread is worthless with out picts" style of posts.

What most people don't care about or are just too naive to realize is that, we can't all ways put out every thing we know. If we do we would loose our sources ( has happened), or worse for our sources it's too specific at a said time and the source would be known and possibly fired because GW does look at the forums contrary to what most believe (it's happened).

I don't agree with the GW lock down on information, but I under stand why. They run a business and they are trying to make money. The best and most resent example that some of you know about would be Apple and the "g4" Iphone. On one hand I was happy to see what was coming out as a consumer, but as investor I'm absolutely pissed. I've and apple have lost a considerable amount of money on the stock going down recently due to people knowing the "g4" is coming , and so they hold off buying the 3gs...thus lowering the sales of it. The same thing happens with GW, if every one knows that X model is coming out or Z codex is coming out , the previous edition stops selling, thus leaving GW with a big back stock of stuff that won't sell ( or the exact opposite with IG and troops and battle boxes). This is unrealized profits or just out right losses in many cases.

As I said I know most don't care about the "business side" of GW, but if they don't make money there won't be any new 40k or WHFB...

Thanks to those that actually contribute in meaningful ways.
    To every one else , Take it easy on the posters that to try to give you a glimmer in to what is coming up.

I, too, would like to extend my thanks to the various rumormongers, though I get the feeling this thread wouldn't be here without my help.

Brother Sergeant Warhound of Lustria's Avatar

Many, many and many thanks guys.

Waiting for Codexes would be unbearable without rumours

I'd like to thank 75Hastings, Brimstone (may he rest in peace), Daemon Prince Andramalech, The Dude, Harry, Frgt/10, RedS8n, Scryer in the Darkness, Stickmonkey, The Voice and all the others who that have contributed and/or compiled rumors and news for all to see, but whose names I have forgotten: You all rock!
    --Kyn

Armies: Waaagh! Ţursblóđ, Hivefleet Orochi

A thousand thank yous, effendi
    Check out my Jungle Terrain project log and my City of Death project log

I also now have a blog

Thanks! You guys (you know who you are) don't get enough credit for what you do

Yep big round of aplause.
    'And they shall know a sensible amount of fear'

I'll add my kudos to the pot. Thank you for all the rumours, you keep me interested in Fantasy Battles.

EDIT: Oops, I think I had a stroke. Meant 40k.
    Last edited by Lijacote; 20-05-2010 at 20:57.
    The word you're looking for is codices, the plural of codex.
    ONE question/exclamation mark is enough.
    Tzeentch, cavalry, genius. Slaanesh is the god of excess, not just sex. This means obesity.

I would also like to say thanks... it keeps my interest up in this hobby. NOW GIVE ME MORE!!!!!!!
    {The gene pool could use a little chlorine.}

Just tell the ladies......"Hey, I'm like technology... smaller, cheaper, better".

Thank you, to all of the people who've come through with information for us to keep the fires burning.
    All things wash away, but blood stained the sun red today. -- Metallica, "Ronnie"

My Blood Angels, Grey Knights, and Dark Eldar.

New WHFB project. And new 40k project.

I'll throw a thank you out to the people who share their vast knowlege - the RumourMongers of WarSeer...the Pie, the Prince, the Voice, the Hastings (yes, you're "the" hastings as I've no good quick name), etc. etc.

Oddly enough, this is a bit of "Rumour Discussion" in a basic sense...I rather like it.
    ...and a little help comes in a little glass vial in a gun pressed against her anatomy...

Things I'd love to do if I had limitless money: a new Salamanders army for 40K; a new Dark Elf army for Fantasy; an Emperor's Children force for HH *sigh*

I'm glad you posted this, I also appreciate the efforts made here by the people that contribute to the rumour mill, but what is with this "not news or rumour" crowd in this thread? Anyone with a mind that isn't a barcode reader in disguise should be able to tell that the rumour forum is the only relevent place for this thread, and I agree it is time that we made it clear that we appreciate not just the people that bring the rumours here, but people that have consolidated rumours, I think it was The Dude that went to a lot of effort to catalogue the Tyranid codex rumours, and considering the thread got locked and re-posted a few times, that was a good effort.

I was brought to Portent by the rumours that often showed up here, and I bet a great deal of the traffic that comes to this site is because of the people that choose to use this site to deliver their rumours.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobC View Post
    On WarSeer, it's best if you assume that all posts are enclosed with [nerd] tags. That's how we roll (dice).

In before this gets closed before breaking those rules that we all know are more important than life itself...

THANK YOU!

The Eye of Terror or PA i get the 2 mixed up

Thank You all

Without you guys I really would have no clue as to whats coming and whats not.

So again Thank You
    We will fight are way to Terra its self, drag that corpse of leader off his Throne and throw it at the feet of are gods

Quote Originally Posted by x-esiv-4c View Post
    If you have even glanced at the codex:Ultra then you know for a fact who Marneus Calgar is. Infact, if you replace the name Jesus with Marneus in the bible...You actually have codex:Ultra.

Thanks to all. I agree this deserves a sticky.
    SG

Epic: Armageddon
    Are you a soldier, or are you a general?

Where do I begin? Oh, I would like to thank S8n fore his RT, DH, and other print rumors, DPA and Harry for there cryptic model rumors, The Dude and his Nihilist Ninjas*, Stickmonkey for his glimpses of whats in the works, and every one on warseer that post rumors**.

Thank You.

*They believe in no-thing!
    **Even the "I know a redshirt" guys.

Warseer, and Portent before it has always been the best place on the internet for rumours, and it is because of the people who post here. I toss in my gratitude into the mix, were it not for the work done by our venerable rumour lords we would all be blind. Blind I say!!

Seriously, thanks. Don't let the haters and nerd-ragers get you down, the 20000 other people who see the post and don't reply to call you out are really the ones you are doing this for. And judging by this thread, they appreciate your work greatly
    "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof." - V
    The Flesh is Weak! - Sorrgol Clan Iron Hands log
    Sumtin old, sumtin new, sumtin stolen, paint it blue! Deffskullz log!
    The Star that Was Not a Star, a weird 40k short story - Where the Necron background could have gone...
    \m/ Metalhead of Warseer \m/

Thank you!

Thumbs up Re: A Thank You Note....

My first post here: Thank You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red_zebra_ve View Post
    My first post here: Thank You!!!
    Best first post evar!

Welcome to Warseer.
    --Kyn

Armies: Waaagh! Ţursblóđ, Hivefleet Orochi