Thread: Skill Check

Skill Check

I'm new to Warmachine, how does a model pass a skill check to perform a special action?
    Like for a Cygnar stormsmith.
    How To Rebut on Warseer:
    Quote Originally Posted by yabbadabba View Post
    For me you lose your position, and the argument, not through lack of fact or proof or through a slavish and blinkered dedication to the rules, but because you try and claim through inference a moral and technical superiority that doesn't exist. You try and show that you are a superior gamer and person by suggesting that those who do not follow your point of view are not.

Re: Skill Check

2D6, equal or under the skill value.
    "Live with a man forty years. Share his house, his meals, and speak on every subject. Then tie him up and hold him over the volcano's edge, and on that day, you will finally meet the man. " - Shan Yu

Where is the skill value listed (I'm looking in the book but I can't seem to find it)?
    How To Rebut on Warseer:
    For me you lose your position, and the argument, not through lack of fact or proof or through a slavish and blinkered dedication to the rules, but because you try and claim through inference a moral and technical superiority that doesn't exist. You try and show that you are a superior gamer and person by suggesting that those who do not follow your point of view are not.

there should be a number next to the skill. Like for stormcall its stormcall (8) i think. If you have arlan he should have something like repair (10)
    Quote Originally Posted by UberBeast View Post
    I was down at my local game store and I asked the manager if the new price-hikes worried him. He started on a rant how he's seen GW raise their price every year and how we gamers always complain and threaten and then as soon as something shiney comes out we are back to buying.

Basically it was like hearing a drug dealer mock his customers.
    http://isyw.wordpress.com

Ahh, thanks very much
    How To Rebut on Warseer:

Also a further question (I apologize for the stupidity of the it) what does the "weapon master" ability do?
    How To Rebut on Warseer:

weapon master is an additional damage die. thats up to 4d6 on charge damage.

That is... On a regular attack damage roll, instead of rolling 2D6 plus P+S, you roll 3D6 plus P+S. Since you get to roll an additional damage die for damage on your initial charge attack, you then roll 4D6 for damage if your unit/model has weapon master.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Subscribe to Tabletop Hooligans, a Podcast on iTunes!! http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...ns/id361415712
    Visit our website www.tabletophooligans.com
    Email me at Wiggles@tabletophooligans.com
    Follow us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/tthooligans Become a fan! www.facebook.com/tabletophooligans
    Thanks for all your support!

Your questions aren't stupid, because I'm still learning too =)

That makes some of the elite infantry with reach/WM/combined attack pretty mean to jacks and beasts out there.
    No one cares about how many points you have, how much of it is painted OR you W/L/T record.

Quote Originally Posted by maaksel View Post
    Your questions aren't stupid, because I'm still learning too =)

That makes some of the elite infantry with reach/WM/combined attack pretty mean to jacks and beasts out there.
    Yup. In my starting Khador list the ManHunter (who have MAT 8 and Weapon Master) solos have been the most impressive thing on the field (until I learn how to use the rest of the army properly!).

To see a woodland lunatic with a couple of axes go trashing Light Warjacks in one go is a remarkable thing to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellebore View Post
    There's no point in escaping reality if you end up right back in it.
    Hellebore

Quote Originally Posted by sliganian View Post
    Yup. In my starting Khador list the ManHunter (who have MAT 8 and Weapon Master) solos have been the most impressive thing on the field (until I learn how to use the rest of the army properly!).

To see a woodland lunatic with a couple of axes go trashing Light Warjacks in one go is a remarkable thing to watch.
    Manhunters are always good, unless your opponent has an easy way around Stealth, in which case you need to be more careful.

Quote Originally Posted by ICLRK625 View Post
    Manhunters are always good, unless your opponent has an easy way around Stealth, in which case you need to be more careful.
    I did have one standing in trees get hit by a Cryx "Spray" arc noded spell last game, so that wasn't great as I didn't get the Concealment bonus.

However, I also brought Yuri the Axe to the game.... and he was exactly the cure for Bane Thralls that I was looking for.

I think Yuri and 2 Manhunters are new 'core must have' units for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellebore View Post
    There's no point in escaping reality if you end up right back in it.
    Hellebore