Most recent work completed: WHQ: Barbarian
In 2012 I aimed to paint 4 models a week, and although it didn't go quite as smoothly as that, I actually managed to better that aim, getting 212 models complete over the course of the year. Now (2013), I have even more models to paint! The main projects will continue to be my Dark Eldar army and the models needed to play the Warhammer Quest core game, but also I am also aiming to collect (and paint!) the monsters needed to play the Lair of the Orc Lord WHQ expansion and the Level 1 roleplay table. I have already made significant progress on the collecting side of things! I also took an interest in Soda Pop miniatures' Super Dungeon Explore game last year, picking up the core game and the caverns of roxor expansion, and Malifaux from Wyrd miniatures. I only have a single crew so far but I anticipate picking up others as time goes on! That's a quick low down of what I will be painting in 2013, starting on page 28, but here is a full summary of my model collection as it stands:
- Dark Eldar ~4000pts (2736pts finished and counting)
- Imperial Guard ~4500pts (basically finished)
- Eldar (A squad of Dire Avengers half painted)
- Lizardmen ~6500pts (3/4 painted)
- Goblins ~1500pts (~1/2 of the models painted)
- Dark Elves ~3000pts (mostly gaming standard but want to improve)
- Warhammer Quest: Creating my own copy of the core game set from scratch (65/91 models, 8/34 tiles finished)
- WHQ Extra stuff: roleplay tables and expansions: (29/85 that I own painted)
- Blood Bowl: Talabheim Tossers. 15 man human team (Finished!)
- Dreadfleet (COMPLETE!)
- Whole load of LOTR models without much in the way of armies
- Malifaux - Lucius' crew so far (0/5 models finished)
- Super Dungeon Explore - core game (0/52 models finished)
- Caverns of Roxor (0/37 models finished)
Last updated: 7th May 2013
Hi! welcome to my first attempt at a plog! Im hoping that having this will help me keep painting and modelling, especially during the long weeks when I get back to university, as well as help me improve my skills. All comments and criticisms welcome!
I've been collecting GW miniatures for about 8 years, and unfortunatley have the habit of collecting far faster than I paint! As such I have large collections for all 3 main game systems which will probably feature here in time. So heres a rough guide to my collection when I started this plog:
Anywho! Enough talking already lets get some pictures! Im afraid these are my first attempts at photographing models so I apologise if they're not that great. Any hints and tips in that department would be greatly appreciated!
First of all my recently converted Dark Elf Dreadlord on Dragon (thought I'd better justify my name!)
And a pic of just the rider:
Also the Lord Commissar from my Imperial Guard army, the Halon 22nd:
Cheers for reading!