Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: Infrequently Updated Mutant Beastmen Army Project

Littleborough, Lancashire. Hub of the Universe

Re: Infrequently Updated Mutant Beastmen Army Project

Thank very much :-)

Thought I'd stick these on here before I get to bed. I've a feeling this post is going to appear at the top of a new page, so if you want to see a group shot of the thirty spearmen, please go back a page. Anyway, some (better lit) individual snaps.....

Some worked out better than others. Quite pleased with how these turned out, and the dude with OPEN written across his chest on the previous page. Some of the metal Ungors came out a lot better than I thought they would too (again, please see previous page). A lot came out a bit pants though, and those are the ones stuck to the back of the group shots. The Tuskgor chariot driver I converted "Archer of the Gorgonites" was a bit of a disaster and is now well hidden. The dude above with the tentacle coming out of his backpack looks a bit rushed in places (although the tentacle itself must have about eight different paintjobs on it as I kept trying to work out what to do with it!). I think tiredness had a lot to do with the results. Anyway, next post should be on terrain with the herd.

Thanks for looking!

A D

Those look fantastic! I love ‘em!

Awesome painting!

Killshot, doc_cthulhu, thank you both :-)

So much for an army shot. To take a decent army shot I have to get outside as I don't have sufficient lighting in the house. Unfortunately, but not unexpectedly, the weather had been rubbish all week. I was supposed to be leaving model painting behind for a while, concentrating instead on my art, which I has been on hold since mid summer due to ill health. So, I get my models out the way, all excited to get stuck into new artwork and I get hit with the lurgy that's going round! Weirdly my art uses a different part of my brain than miniature painting. I think it's something to do with process. For instance, I can listen to audiobooks while I paint models but I can't when I'm cutting up complicated collages. Anyway, I'd realised that when I'd eventually get around to taking army shots not all the models would be on round bases and so I decided while I was full of the aching snots I'd re-base those models still on squares........

By this stage I had successfully managed to SNAP multiple legs on two of the Forgeworld hounds! The metals were solid though

Spray with Zandri Dust for instant biscuit!

(OK kids, DON'T actually do that! I just had a lot of time on my hands)
    Some early wash/drybrush WiP

Progress so far. Four 2003 metal Pestigors and three 1999 metal Bestigors.

Would just like to add that I've been listening to the audiobook of The Stand by Stephen King while painting these. Pestigors + Malign Portents week + glandular snot attack + The Stand = MAXIMUM NURGLE.

Thanks for looking and have a great week folks.

I'll upload more pics later.

Cheers :-)

A D

Great job on some of my favourite beastmens models.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Codsticker: thank you much :-)

Re-basing progress

Not 100% happy with the way the bases turned out on these, even though I used the same process as the others I've recently done. Must be the lurgy I've STILL got. I considered tweaking the paint jobs on these but I figured if I started doing that I'd end up doing it to all of them and I'd never get them finished. Anyway, only two Pestigors, one hound and a spawn to go and I'm done :-)

Thanks for looking,

A D

Pestigor Champion and Chaos Hound done

Only two left to do...... or three. Pretty sure I'm going to re-base the Beastlord I did last year as he's currently on a 25 and looks a bit daft.

Thanks for looking and have a great week folks. I'll be back in work for the first time since before Christmas. Joy.

A D

They look great, love the skin-tone!

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24