Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Infrequently Updated Mutant Beastmen Army Project

Re: Infrequently updated Mutant army project

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Danglebreech View Post
    7, Goblin with three legs
    I just visioned this being made from good old HeroQuest goblin! These guys just need the third leg!

Littleborough, Lancashire. Hub of the Universe

ftayl5: I trust you gave the troublesome limb a good scratch after getting the pot off. Get painting lad! Glad you like flailing friar.

doc_cthulhu: Antiques! You selling? Definitely plenty of room for 50% extra in the leg department. Good choice I was wondering if I could use the goblin mutant as an excuse to buy the goblin regiment (much prefer those than the night goblins).

Not gotten around to painting the Friar yet as I only just greenstuffed the join this evening. Instead I backtracked and made a start on the Pig Headed mutant. This is the first time I have tried to greenstuff a face and figured it'd be a lot easier to model with the donor part attached to the frame:

mrtn has his horsegor, I'll have my swinegor

(much whistling while looking skyward here)

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Danglebreech View Post
    ftayl5: I trust you gave the troublesome limb a good scratch after getting the pot off. Get painting lad! Glad you like flailing friar.
    That I did and I intend to once I'm done with all these essays and monologues I've been given.
    Very nice pig snout sculpting by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by nagash66 View Post
    The Empire doesn't take you seriously unless you have sacked Nuln.

mrtn: I quite like those Mega Miniatures Beastmen, good stuff.

ftayl5: Ta

I'm off this week because y'know, mid-November in the UK is so tropical and all (though it has actually been rather sunny the last couple of days). I went to see LCD Soundsystem last night (grand) and am currently nursing a pair of damaged eardrums. To make the most of having a noise free day off I decided to paint the flailing friar. I'm quite pleased with this one:

I still have lots of conversions to do and I have yet to decide which counts-as army I'm going for (hence unfinished bases). I have almost assembled all the Orks out of AoBR so going to start painting those soon which means my slow progress is about to get plenty much slower!

Very cool paintjob on the tentacle/flail arm.
    Without judgement
    Perception would increase a million times
    -Chuck

. Space Wolves Plog .

.;

That's one lovely little mutant!

That friar is brilliant; the model looks much better as a mutant than as a human (I like the face but I'm not a fan of the pose) and it's painted magnificently. Looking forward to seeing the pig-face painted too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    You never go full Corax.

These mutants are packed with win. Love the skin on that tentacle, looks very realistic.

Mona Lisa banner is insane. Was discussing banners for my empire with my bro the other night and that was one of his suggestions oddly enough. He also suggested painting them to look like cigarette packets. He's a bit weird.

mdiscala & Cassarus: thank you. Glad you like

spetswalshe: cheers. Not sure how I'm going to make up the rest of the pig dude yet. Hoping to get my mits on more kits this Christmas

Tiny: ta very much. I'm a bit of a John Blanche fan so had to do the Mona Lisa banner really. Cigarette packets eh. Hey, that's what brothers are for.

So, seeing as Monday and Tuesday were both unseasonably sunny I decided that today I would spend the day working on the allotment. It's already the middle of my week off and I've hardly been outside, so some fresh air beneath crisp blue skies was in order. True to form it decided to rain.

Another excuse to paint!

Here is today's effort:

I quite like this one. This guy is called Brutagh and appears in Death on the Reik. Long neck and green skin. I used this as an opportunity to test out the John Blanche Ork skin technique (WD346) as recommended by Malenky_malchick (he has a link in his sig but for some reason I can't get to it at the mo). I'm quite satisfied with the result and will definitely be using it when I paint my AoBR Orks.

Made it out on the allotment today and dug over a bed. Chickweed everywhere. Not much fun. On the plus side I found this:

Don't know what it belongs to but I figure this root will make a rather funky tree. Hopefully I'll come across more.

++++++++++++SPOILERS++++++++++++

Time to add another list. This one covers all the mutants that appear in:

DEATH ON THE REIK

9, Winged mutant, with spear DONE, page 1

10, Beak Face, with sword DONE, page 1

11, Fur Covered, with club DONE, page 1 but looks tragic so may do another

12, Tentacled beastman DONE, page 1

13, 30 x various mutated villagers Mordheim Frenzied mob for this thinks I

14, Beastman with large pig head and tough scaly skin, with spear head sculpted, page 3

15, Beastman with spear

16, Mutant with big ears

17, ANOTHER mutant with big ears (brothers perhaps)

18, Abnormally thin mutant

19, Mutant covered in thick green fur

20, Pointed head

21, three eyes

(16 to 21 armed with either club, spear or sword)

22, BRUTAGH, body, arms and head covered in green carapace, extremely long neck able to pear round corners, with hand axe (supposed to have suckers on hands too) DONE, page 3

23, 24 x Birdfolk (various sizes)

24, LUDWIG VON WITTGENSTEIN, pretty much a man size cockroach in fine clobber

25, Servants of the great hall: most have minor mutations - abnormally thin, beaked face, bird's feet, long neck etc, but the cook, GRUNDAR, is horrendously fat with ridiculously short legs, and her assistant, BORIS, has transparent skin and no nose.

26, SLURD, butler, very old whose left hand has mutated into a bird's talon (I gave him a broken hip too)DONE, page 1

27, KURT VON WITTGENSTEIN, shabby clothes, 4 x arms

28, 15 x mutant cats of various proportions

29, WITTGENSTEIN MONSTER, 8 ft tall, stitches, green patches on pale white skin etc

30, Mutant Ogre, 10 ft tall, bright green with orange hair, heads of victims hang from belt around waist, big axe

31, FRITZ CARHINGHAR, emaciated, beard.

There are more NPCs to add but the ones listed here are the ones I'll be concentrating on for now. Others include Dwarfs, Goblins, Skaven, Zombies, a Ghoul, a Demon, Skeletons, a Demonette, a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch and a Minotaur.

Should keep me busy for a while

Newest additions look excellent and the list of what-to-come just made this thread my favorite in the whole Warseer. Can't praise you effort enough!

Aw shucks. Cheers bud! With encouragement like that there's no way I can give up

Kinda the point. ^____^

I was wondering what to do next, build up a new mutant from the list with the parts I have or wait until after a restock. In the end I did neither and began painting Orks instead (well, AN Ork).

Anyway, I've now decided that instead of building more mutants I really ought to finish off the two remaining minis I made in '08 first.

One of them is a bit of a mess and might not be worth rescuing (might put pic up later). The other is the Spawn I mentioned earlier. I'm quite pleased with the model but the paintjob is a bit all over the place. I like parts of it but not enough to make me happy to put up with the bits I don't like.

So, I'm thinking I can either whitewash the whole thing and start from scratch or try and rescue it by touching it up (I'm heading towards the former). Here it is:

I know I definitely want to change the colour scheme on the Flamer bits. I had though to make it a Firewyrm of Tzeentch but now I think I want to have them as just more growth, much like the "Erupting" mutant on page 1. I quite like colour on the main body area but think it needs more detailing. The eye on the torso works ok, but obviously you can see i fell out with the peeper on the hand. If you have any suggestions then let me know.

AND!!!!!!

I went back to my home town this weekend and after dinner, my cousin pulled out this!

Notice how it hadn't been filed! In between the horns! And the way it looks as though he's giving himself a surreptitious scratch gave us literally endless seconds of laughter

Apparently, I painted it, but I have no memory of doing so (but it must have been over 20 years ago and the fact it's enamel makes it highly likely)

I'm hoping to strip it so I can repaint it and give it to my cousin for Christmas. Thing is, I'm almost certain that it was painted using enamel. Any suggestions as to how to clean it? Is it even possible????

If the spawn is meant to be utterly insanely and ridiculously colourful, then it's ok. If not then you might want to repaint it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nagash66 View Post
    The Empire doesn't take you seriously unless you have sacked Nuln.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast