Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pael's WoC painting log

Pael's WoC painting log

When I had heard that a new adition of warhammer was coming out I decided eff it I'll do an army the only problem was im not made of money -_-; so seeing as warriors are some of the most expensive armies pointwise I decided to go along with them!
    I originally intended to get at least 1000 points done relatively quick but my plans never go too well >_< and it's taken me a while to get the force close to a starting point.
    Anyway here's a few things I've gotten done so far.

First up my chaos hero the first fantasy model I actually painted :) I tried a different painting style from my usual one all of the armour was painted via drybrushing and a few controlled washes

next up the first unit of ten chaos warriors the one thing I didn't like was the fact that the models would looks quite similar to each other so i've done a few simple conversions in the form of arm and head swaps to make the army a little bit more individual.

next is the second unit of ten warriors again I dislike replica or similar looking models so I swaped the champion for the crom the conqueror model ^^

here are some close up examples of converted warriors.

Now i'm pretty sure some people out there will dislike the paint scheme mainly cause of A. the red horns B. the clean looking armor and C. the grey cloaks. But hell considering that the original paint scheme was by jacob neilson a GD winner so it cant be that bad >_>;
    Anyway I have a fair bit I plan on adding to this army a few more warriors, chaos knights and some dragon ogres.
    I also plan to convert a few thing to test sculpting skills and such here's a list xD
    Marauders
    warshrine
    Giant (just for fun :P)
    Hellcannon
    Demon prince
    Chaos lord

Anyway hope you like, Comments and critism always appreciated ^_^

Re: Pael's WoC painting log

Very nice! Clean painting, and a solid colour scheme. Works well in the unit, and the Hero/Lord is great.
    I can't believe you've relegated Crom to a mere unit champion! Haha

I like the conversions, nice and simple, and they add to the models rather than distracting from the overall feel.

Keep up the good work!
    Cheers
    Joe

Tale of Fantasy Painters 2010-11. Warriors of Chaos!
    Warriors of Chaos Log

Nice to see some more of you mini's!

I really like your warriors! the metal and gold armor looks great and i like the red horns too. i am also digging(as well as envying) your hero. my favorite sculpt ever and you done him serious justice.

whats next on the plate for your WoC?

Thanks you for the kind comments ^^

@Hushrong: heh yeah the gamesday chaos lord is one of my favourite sculpts too in fact I have another spare the only problem is his right handed axe somehow broke ;_; anyway at the moment I've got two things i'm maily working on the chaos knights which are about 70% complete and my chaos sorcerer who's around 60% complete.
    @mrnt: seeing as i myself am left handed I cannot stang to see a whole army thats right handed xD

Want some advice guys on what the chaos knights banner should be guys, I'm trying to keep the army undivided... well sort of I'm painting the army so that they appear undivided this means if I want to change army lists and such so I dont have weird looking green khorne warriors or pink nurgle warriors -.-; Anyway so any suggestions a giant skull, massive swords, etc??

Veteran Sergeant

nice you gonna post wulfrik on here sometime?

Well seeing as you asked

I feel the painting on this is a bit crappy could probably do so much better now as this was painted after the chaos lord and using a few techniques I should probably improve on -__-;

Anyway onto the w.i.p's!

Chaos knights w.i.p

Again need some suggestions for the banner as i'm struggling to think of something decent >_< apart from that a few more details mainly on the horses and these guys should be done :D

Chaos sorcerer w.i.p

currently the sorcerer needs some more highlighting done and possibly some minor blending on the robes then it's just cleaning up the model and he should be done painting the damn eye's is not fun \i keep messing it up -.-;

I've also begun work on my dragon ogres ^^ found a guide that shows you how to convert them using ogre iron gut parts and lizardmen cold ones should be interesting if I can pull it off correctly I'll try to post images of it tomorrow as it's mainly cut up bits and wire stuck together at the moment i'll begin some green stuff work tomorrow.

bleh! Update here's todays progress on the converted dragon ogre using guides found all over the internet x.x

and I have decided on a pose though im not sure about the head I think I should give it horns :P

As you can see still have quite a while to go I still need to bulk out the body, create a longer tail (using wire and green stuff), add scales and armour and then of course make the model chaotic xD
    I reckon by tomorrow I should have done all if not most of the bulking out

Sooo what do you guys think 030

Very nice start to an army! I like the old-school(ish) colour scheme a lot. The red horns work really well!
    The Dragon Ogre conversion also looks promising. I'll keep an eye on this!

Cheers,
    Monsterzonk :skull:

Brother Sergeant

Very nice, i cant wait to see the final result of the dragon ogre.
    Can you tell me the difference between green and brown stuff?

Best regards

@Lorenzo: the brown stuff is terracotta milliput the diffence between the two is that I find green stuff to be kinda rubbery while milliput is like a soft clay they are a few other differences too when you add water to milliput it becomes quite a mess but I kind it much easier to work with than green stuff

Anyway here's another update on the dragon ogre

all thats really left to do on him is add loads of scales, make some armour, fill in a few gaps and a few other minor details I can't really remember right now XP

Again C & C are welcome :D

Veteran Sergeant

looking good can't wait to see it finished

Ok! Finally finished mr. dragon ogre 1 now only 2 more to go and then paint them up!
    Front view

Back view

Been thinking of how the hell im gonna make a hellcannon out of bitz and other things

Erm anyway C&C appreciated!

ugh today was... eventful... anyway some more updates mainly just stuff I finished painting :/

Chaos knights

Chaos sorcerer

Also I know I should be working on making the other two dragon ogres but have you ever tried cutting an ogre body in half not an easy job think I need a coping saw or something instead of my poor crafting knife ;-; and also I was trying to come up with a paint scheme

It's still a W.i.p but its getting there was thinking of originally doing brass armour but it looked rather odd so i'm doing mainly aged metal but leaving the armour on the shoulders brass

Very nice-looking dragon-ogre - keep it up!

RR
    Red Rider's Ogres of the Marshes and Converted WOC: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277259

Yeah the dragon ogre is great. I like it much better than the original.

Everything looks good so far

Veteran Sergeant

looking good can't wait to see it

I really like that dragon ogre conversion.

Thanks for the comments
    Anyway started conversion work on dragon ogres 2 and 3 hopefully these will be much easier to build as I now know what I'm doing XP

Whilst making the dragon ogres I had found enough parts to make an additional 5 warriors so I'll be painting these guys while i'm waiting for green stuff and milliput to cure xD

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast