Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RUSTED - A warhammer 40k comic...

RUSTED - A warhammer 40k comic...

Salutations to all...
    My name is Aerion the Faithful (well, it's not actually my REAL name, but you get the idea), and have been lurking for a while here on Warseer. I was a member of the -now defunct- Bolter&Chainsword forum, and was introduced to Warseer by my_name_is_tudor. So, i came, saw, and now i'm posting to have your opinions on this. What you are about to see is a comic made by myself and my associate FreakForge, based upon his award-winning chapter the 'Iron Souls'. It was originally intended to be a serial, but since we didn't have anywhere to post it, we delayed it for a while. I hope that it finds a place here on Warseer, and, who knows? If people are interested in it, maybe we'll continue with it.
    Now, a note on my style: since i first began posting on the B&C, my style drew the line between those who loved it and saw real potential and originality in it, and those that felt it had nothing to do with W40K. What i believe is that my style gives a fresh look to the characters that we all love and like, and despite it not being the 'official' GW aproach, you'll see that somehow it fits the 40K theme. So, please, be kind and prepare yourselves for something new.
    Of course, being a 'noob' here, i might be breaking size restrictions or something, so the Moderators are free to call my attention.
    Comments and critiscism is always welome and encouraged: the only way to improve is by listening to advice.

So, here you have it, and i hope you enjoy it:

Last edited by Sylass; 11-03-2006 at 06:48.
    <

Re: RUSTED - A warhammer 40k comic...

Last edited by Sylass; 11-03-2006 at 06:47.
    <

Last edited by Sylass; 11-03-2006 at 06:45.
    <

Chapter Master A neutral shade of black.'s Avatar

Nice. I like the graphic style very much. More, and get a dedicated page! :P
    Confrontation Dirz for sale!

"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred from the cold furrow of mortal life. I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
    - Kargos Bloodspitter, Champion of Khorne.

Opinion on: Tau background//various Tau units//"Good" and "Evil" in the Warhammer World
    <

ah, good to see you made it here!

looking foreward to more stuff from you
    <

Wow, I mean that WOW, I can't wait for the next installment .

TG
    <

Very nice. The logo seems a bit blurryish though.. maybe a bit more work on it?
    <

Very nice, drawing skills are AMAZING. Keep up the good work, I absolutely love it. I don't really see anything wrong with it at all, your style is great.
    <

great stuff, can't wait to see what happens next
    <

Very, very nice! Looking forward to see more
    <

Imperium, not Empire.

Other than that, frickin' awesome! Sin City-inspired, with the only colours being black, white and rust?
    "Bruce... Don't be afraid."
    "HE WILL BE. HE WILL BE." ERR. SORRY. PROBABLY NOT TO THE BEST TIME TO BE MISQUOTING STAR WARS.
    "Mind the uniform, Cleric. I plan to be wearing it for a long time."
    DON'T WORRY. HERE, CLOTHING IS IMMATERIAL. LITERALLY.
    "What's that smell?... Who are you?"
    THE DEATH OF ALTERNATE PERSONALITIES. I'M THE GRIM REAPER'S WILD SIDE!
    <

i like, i like very much.!
    <

,love your style ,

you seem to have a good understanding of how to produce proffetional looking comics ..great story line to. can't wait for the next issue
    <

Wowzers. That's amazing stuff! I love the style.
    Like slack-jawed never Gnyaarg. Some then folks'll folks'll skunk, some. the but, again yokel eat a Cletus.
    | Project log |
    McMullet's avatar has poorly hands and so few postings will be written and they may be a little terse.
    <

Quality work there, can't wait to see the rest of the story.
    <

Lucky me!, clicking the S&A section after a long time and finding this.

Aerion, you seem to be an experienced comic drawer. The action inside the panels is well defined, plus you have an interesting style and the story is very 40k universe style.
    I don't see why your approach would be considered "wrong" (as far as the drawing style is concerned). If the GW has its own stye that doesn't mean that every fan art should look the same.

Anyway, do keep drawing, I'm very interested in how this turns out.

cheers,
    ~~{The Meat Tasters}~~, Emperor's Children CSM

Join one of the WSPG's Battle Barge squads
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Warlock
    Imperium, not Empire.
    I'm guessing that's a deliberate choice to put a more human face on the narrator. If it is, it works.

I can honestly say that this comic alone has made me interested in 40K again. Not the game, you understand, I'll never give a crap about that again - but the backstory.
    Idiots... nothing can live forever.
    <

There's a slight inconsistence in the story, now that I think about it more. Namely, I don't think piloting a Sentinel and shooting the Marine in the chest would make the youngster "promising" in the eyes of that Marine. The lad would have to do something more... impressive, IMO.

Afterthought: I didn't know whether to post this or not, 'cause fluffwise it just might be enough, depending on the circumstances you had in mind. But I did it anyway, in hope you'll explain the situation further.
    ~~{The Meat Tasters}~~, Emperor's Children CSM

Join one of the WSPG's Battle Barge squads
    <

First off, let me say... WOW!... And second: THANK YOU! I'm actually shocked at the great response this comic has had, and i thank you all who have had so many kind words towards my art, and the story. I'm really excited , and of course, this will bring me back to the drawing board on the W40K subject.
    And to answer some questions: Velkyn Kill - The logo might seem a little blurryish due to the scanning of the original. Sometimes scanners are the death of an image. But i'll try to pay more attention to it.
    Lord-Warlock - 'Empire', instead of 'Imperium' is deliberate as Bubble Ghost so keenly deduced. FreakForge and i are trying to bring not only a more 'human' side of the story, but also to shown that being a citizen of the Imperium isn't that great. Most of the time you get killed for it, or because of it. After all, humanity is in constant war. And yes, i'm a fan of Frank Miller, and i believe that this sort of colour scheme gives much more mood to the story, and makes it more gothic (wich is what the 40K universe is all about).
    And, before i go, i want to credit my partner FreakForge for writing this fabulous story, that will now have to go on, or we will be assasinated . I'll tell him to come by and drop a few words.

Thanks again, and keep those comments coming.

Aerion The Faithful
    <

Quote Originally Posted by yerpo
    There's a slight inconsistence in the story, now that I think about it more. Namely, I don't think piloting a Sentinel and shooting the Marine in the chest would make the youngster "promising" in the eyes of that Marine. The lad would have to do something more... impressive, IMO.
    Afterthought: I didn't know whether to post this or not, 'cause fluffwise it just might be enough, depending on the circumstances you had in mind. But I did it anyway, in hope you'll explain the situation further.
    I was just posting when you wrote this Yerpo, so i'll answer you: the fact is that the 'Iron Souls' are a succesor chapter of the Iron hands, but have some particular beliefs about what happened to their Primarch Ferrus Manus. This has sort of set them apart from the many other Space Marine chapters, that see them as religious fanatics (yes, even when SM are already fanatic, so you go figure). As followers of Ferrus, they price strength above all things, and the fact that a youngster showed that he could go as far as dying to kill one of them, is very promising. But 'promising' is not the end of the story. Our character went through a lot to prove he was worth REALLY something. And hopefully you'll see it on the following issues... Thanks for your interest. And if you have any more questions, shoot (but not to kill )...

Until soon

Aerion The Faithful
    <

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast