Thread: Haemonculi Coven - 2,000pts - Fun

Haemonculi Coven - 2,000pts - Fun

40K Army: Dark Eldar
    [Updated list in 8th post]

Okay, so I really love the fluff behind the Haemonculi covens, and the rules for the various models that are part of it strikes an aura of familiarity with me being a Nurgle player, so I've written up a fun 2,000pt list which I do intend to collect up at some point.

HQ
    Urien Rakarth - 190pts
    Haemonculus - Hex Rifle - 65pts
    Haemonculus - Liquifier Gun, Webway Portal - 95pts

Elites
    6 Grotesques - Liquifier Gun, Strength Bonus - 250pts

Troops
    9 Wracks - Liquifier Gun, Acothyst w/ Scissorhand in Raider w/ Flicker Field - 195pts
    9 Wracks - Liquifier Gun, Acothyst w/ Scissorhand in Raider w/ Flicker Field - 195pts
    10 Wracks - Liquifier Gun, Acothyst w/ Scissorhand - 135pts

Heavy Support
    Ravager - Flicker Field - 115pts
    Talos Pain Engine - Chain Flails, Heat Lance - 120pts

Total - 2,000pts

That's 58 T4 scoring models with FNP, 10 AP D6 template weapons, 5 Dark Lances, 2 Heat Lances, 2 S7 Monstrous Creatures with 2D6 pick highest attacks...Hits hard and will be an absolute pain to shift from anywhere, and it's all pouring out from right in front of the enemy. Mech will be a problem, a big problem, but I'm hoping the Talos' alone can pull their weight in and down a nice handful of vehicles.

Webway Portal Haemonculi go with the Wrack units of 9 in Raiders and are the only things deployed. Urien Rakarth joins his suped-up Grotesques.
    Last edited by PyroSikTh; 08-11-2010 at 10:13.

Re: Haemonculi Coven - 2,000pts - Fun

5 dark lances and 2 heat lances are no where near enough anti tank.... You problably will lose all your vehicals first turn then struggle to even scratch the pain on your opponents vehicals. In 2000pts you need 15+ lances/blasters to compeet with another mech army.
    Maim, Kill, Maim, Burn, Kill, Maim, Burn, Kill, Maim, Burn, Kill, Bunny, Maim, Kill, Maim.....(Noise Marine found the wrong rhino)

Look up facebook group "Northwest Wargammers" if you live in WA, Idaho, Oregon!

Quote Originally Posted by OneMeanDuck View Post
    5 dark lances and 2 heat lances are no where near enough anti tank.... You problably will lose all your vehicals first turn then struggle to even scratch the pain on your opponents vehicals. In 2000pts you need 15+ lances/blasters to compeet with another mech army.
    Did you not notice the S7 Monstrous Creatures with 4-7 attacks each (charging on average) nor the 24-30 S7 attacks from the Grotesques?

It's low on anti-tank, yes, but it's only meant to be a fun list, and there's enough there to tide you over. De-meching isn't the only way to win against mech. If you can point me in the direction of 15+ Lances without breaking the Coven theme, be my guest.

Would it not make sense to have a chronos engine over one of the talos?

The turn it comes out of the webway there's a very good chance that you just gave your wraks furious charge (its gonna help a lot vs marines) , or even your grotesques fearless (dont want urien running away due to some lucky saving throws)
    Last edited by Spirit; 06-11-2010 at 23:17.
    Heres a bloody sig for you!

You know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordmonkey View Post
    Spirit, you are a bad, bad man

The Wracks, Grotesques, Haemonculi and Urien all start the game with one Pain Token. That means four squads already have Furious Charge from the start of the game. Also, Urien Rakarth can distribute another D3 pain tokens amongst those squads. So I think he'll be fine.

Then again, a Chronos would really fit your list with regards to the fun factor, replacing the Ravager. With some points/model shuffling, you might fit in another Raider for those missing Lances.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandor View Post
    The Wracks, Grotesques, Haemonculi and Urien all start the game with one Pain Token. That means four squads already have Furious Charge from the start of the game. Also, Urien Rakarth can distribute another D3 pain tokens amongst those squads. So I think he'll be fine.

Then again, a Chronos would really fit your list with regards to the fun factor, replacing the Ravager. With some points/model shuffling, you might fit in another Raider for those missing Lances.
    I forgot about the +d3 rule from urien :/

Yea the chronos probably isnt necessary.

One thing though, if the hex rifle isnt going to be on the table at the start, would you not be better off with something a bit more up close and personal?

Even giving the hex to one of the webway holders. Seeing as they are going to be firing it from turn 2 onwards guaranteed.
    Last edited by Spirit; 07-11-2010 at 00:01.
    Heres a bloody sig for you!

You know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordmonkey View Post
    Spirit, you are a bad, bad man

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    One thing though, if the hex rifle isnt going to be on the table at the start, would you not be better off with something a bit more up close and personal?

Even giving the hex to one of the webway holders. Seeing as they are going to be firing it from turn 2 onwards guaranteed.
    Yeah, the Hexrifle is probably my biggest gripe with it. I've been tempted to replace him completely as his points can provide another Raider for the Dark Lance...

On the subject of the Cronos, I definitely think it would hurt the list rather than help. Most the time, it's only going to be providing Fearless, which is a double-edged sword in itself. It also means I lose 3 Dark Lances which, we can all agree, I'm low on as it is.

Fun fact, I have a cut down version at 1,500pts which has the same amount of anti-tank. The quantity of Anti-tank is probably a weakness of the point-limit more than anything.
    Last edited by PyroSikTh; 07-11-2010 at 08:00.

Okay, on the lacking Anti-Tank, I've adjusted the list a bit more, adding some more crude Anti-Tank (Coven lists will suffer in this respect all the time).

HQ
    Urien Rakarth - 190pts
    Haemonculus - Liquifier Gun - 60pts

Elites
    5 Grotesques - Liquifier Gun, Strength Bonus - 210pts
    5 Grotesques - Liquifier Gun, Strength Bonus - 210pts

Troops
    7 Wracks - Liquifier Gun, Acothyst w/ Scissorhand in Raider w/ Flicker Field - 175pts
    7 Wracks - Liquifier Gun, Acothyst w/ Scissorhand in Raider w/ Flicker Field - 175pts

Heavy Support
    Ravager - Flicker Field - 115pts

Total - 2,000pts

Less troops, but more S7. Ravager, Raiders and Talos will go for any vehicle they can, but especially the big heavy stuff - Land Raider, Leman Russ tanks, Vindicators, Predators, Battle Wagons etc etc. Basically anything AV13 or AV14. Grotesques can deal with a couple of transports a turn (15 S7 attacks at rear armour 10 should be enough), but can also deal with the heavy stuff with weak backs - Vindicators and Leman Russ etc. The horde of Wracks go after everything else.

Still basic tactic of 2 Raiders deploying and rushing up to drop off the Portals, then everything else rushing out.
    Last edited by PyroSikTh; 08-11-2010 at 10:14.