Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1329

Thread: New Stormraven model?

Re: New Stormraven model?

The price seems to be 52 euros (regarding to some online shops). I am a little bit irritated, a land raider costs 50 euros flat, are the extra 2 euros for a senseless "compensation" of uk VAT rise?

Does anybody know the price in gbp already?

Quote Originally Posted by BramGaunt View Post
    I wonder what it would take to keep people on topic...
    ...an act of intervention by the God-Emperor himself perhaps?

I am interested in the dreadnought holding/carrying aspect of the Stormraven, it has been said that it is simply an elctro-magnet style system with a winch, i find this dissapointing and perhaps a rather undignified way of carrying an entombed chapter hero into battle, the sprues do not appear, at first inspection, to shed much light on the model in the is respect. Does anyone know any thing about it? / seen anything on the sprue i haven't?
    Petay1985

Trade Threads: Forsale / Wanted
    Project Legs: Brotherhood of the Sicklemoon, 5th Legion

Chaplain

I can't spot any "winch-type" part on the sprues either.

I think what is supposed to be the floor of the Stormraven has some weird block thing in it.

Maybe the Dreadnought is simply assumed to be carried like how a Chinook carries a car, under it.
    I haven't read too much background in the Blood Angels codex, but is there an "official" indication that the Dreadnought is carried behind the fuselage, or was that just generally assumed after the picture of the "missing-rear" view?

I can't imagine any believable way to winch the Dreadnought all the way up to behind the fuselage on a single clamp, without the Stormraven getting accidentally smashed to bits by a Dreadnought "attacking" it's rear, with 2 powerfists, while the Stormraven uses it's high manouvrability to avoid getting hit...

*wishful thinking* I may be completely wrong on this, and the block thing in the floor could hopefully be used as the "glue-somewhere-under-the-fuselage-bit" that came with the Valkyrie, to put it on a big flying base.

I've spotted a few holes in the rear access-ramp (edit- very small, close the the pivot axle), maybe if the block is for the base, the winch is attached to these holes? I noticed that rear door was referred to as "Dreadnought hatch".

Last bit of my thoughts concerning the stormraven:
    I'm very happy about the air-intake-thing's construction.
    Not glueing that thing on won't leave a hole in the structure.
    And the turret ring looks like it's about the same size as the Razorback's.
    Otherwise it's at least small enough to be covered by the razorback top-plate, to fit the turret on.
    Last edited by The Decayed; 18-01-2011 at 17:39.

Quote Originally Posted by The Decayed View Post
    I can't spot any "winch-type" part on the sprues either.

I think what is supposed to be the floor of the Stormraven has some weird block thing in it.

Maybe the Dreadnought is simply assumed to be carried like how a Chinook carries a car, under it.
    I haven't read too much background in the Blood Angels codex, but is there an "official" indication that the Dreadnought is carried behind the fuselage, or was that just generally assumed after the picture of the "missing-rear" view?

I can't imagine any believable way to winch the Dreadnought all the way up to behind the fuselage on a single clamp, without the Stormraven getting accidentally smashed to bits by a Dreadnought "attacking" it's rear, with 2 powerfists, while the Stormraven uses it's high manouvrability to avoid getting hit...

*wishful thinking* I may be completely wrong on this, and the block thing in the floor could hopefully be used as the "glue-somewhere-under-the-fuselage-bit" that came with the Valkyrie, to put it on a big flying base.

I've spotted a few holes in the rear access-ramp (edit- very small, close the the pivot axle), maybe if the block is for the base, the winch is attached to these holes? I noticed that rear door was referred to as "Dreadnought hatch".

Last bit of my thoughts concerning the stormraven:
    I'm very happy about the air-intake-thing's construction.
    Not glueing that thing on won't leave a hole in the structure.
    And the turret ring looks like it's about the same size as the Razorback's.
    Otherwise it's at least small enough to be covered by the razorback top-plate, to fit the turret on.
    Actually, I just labelled it dreadnought hatch also based on the fact that I couldn't see a winch type part. Apparantly, the winch is the triangular part on the last sprue and the detail is on the other side of it.
    Armies: Far too many

Check out my blog for all things space marine:
    http://indexastartes.blogspot.com/
    And my other blog for all things xenos/heretic and imperial:
    http://www.codex-imperialis.blogspot.com/

A swathe of no content "when are the preorders up" posts removed. Any more will bring warnings. Please keep on the topic at hand.

Yep it's still the triangular piece of plating that holds the winch and magnet grapple. I don't have a picture of that part in particular but I can assure you it's there and it's all there is, no additional parts, no dreadnought ramps, no hooks or cranes.

So anyway. We might get proper pictures tomorrow but until then, here's some more footage that shows the overall shape a little better:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...d/IMG_1295.jpg
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...d/IMG_1296.jpg
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...d/IMG_1297.jpg
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...d/IMG_1298.jpg

I like how it looks and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a couple of these for my own Blood Angels.

Thanks.

I really like that model. I will buy 3 of them.
    He's a semi-aquatic, egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flatfoot, who'll never flinch from a fray

Brother Sergeant

After seeing these pics, i actually really like it!

Yes please

Damn, now I need a new army case. A LR and two of those will never fit into the one I have

The more I see pics of this thing, more I like it.

Day one must have...

I think i have to buy a Hydra battery, to make sure that this ugly thing is removed as fast as possible from a game, so that i no longer have to see it.

wow awesome pics!

I love it even more now! glad i preordered 3 of em at my FLGS

but I also will need a new battlefoam bag for the bloodangels and their Storm Ravens now...

Still love it. Especially like the top-down view of it. You can see more of its Thunderhawk heritage in that pic.
    Can't wait.

Trick

Quote Originally Posted by KingDeath View Post
    I think i have to buy a Hydra battery, to make sure that this ugly thing is removed as fast as possible from a game, so that i no longer have to see it.
    Or,

you could remove your eyes!

i hear retina sells pretty sweet these days

Quote Originally Posted by Trick View Post
    Still love it. Especially like the top-down view of it. You can see more of its Thunderhawk heritage in that pic.
    Can't wait.

Trick
    I promise you that the stormraven is merely just part of the Thunderhawk sprue.

Just a guess mind.

Chaplain

Thanks for those pictures!

I already liked the old picture, but from these new ones, I again have full faith in Games Workshop's skills to photograph everything from it's unluckiest angle.

I see big potential for this thing to be more than just a random transport for my inquisitor.

Depending on availability,(0-1 or limitless) I may just build a squadron of these for my Spesh Mahreens.
    In my mind I'm already painting markings all over the thing

Still not sure on the big turret and air-intake though.
    I think I like Xeones' photoshopped roof area better. I already have a load of spare Razorback-turrets, from what I bought as Razorbacks, but assembled as Rhino's.

Thanks for pics! Mucho grassy-a$$!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgash View Post
    Want to harvest the galaxy? There's an app for that.

@Bramgraunt...stay on topic

I love it! Much much better than the GW angle. Cannot wait to see it painted from different angles and hope it is availible to all chapters!
    -POW

"These xenos think they can prey upon mankind like sheep, I intend on showing them the error of their ways" - Bulveye Wolf Lord of the 13th Great Company
    "Though the storm rages and the foe gathers about us, we are unmoved. Let them come: we are the warriors of the First Legion, and we have never known defeat!" - Brother-Redemptor Nemiel

O_o <-my expression when I saw the pick from the rear. Those wings are sooo weird.

Of course, IRL planes sometimes have weird wings too (yes I know it doesn't fly with wings like that) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...3_edited-2.jpg

I'm warming up to the model too, might actually buy one.
    -"Zeal and fury are rewarded with victory!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lijacote View Post
    I find your arguments compelling and your literate expression so enticing that I must ask myself to be added to the list of subscribers entitled to receive scheduled packets of gold in the form of your argumentative genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takitron View Post
    They know how they want you to play the game, they just cant be arsed to tell you.

Cheers AG, enough to tantalise us while we wait for the real deal. Looking forward to it.
    Armies: Far too many

Check out my blog for all things space marine:
    http://indexastartes.blogspot.com/
    And my other blog for all things xenos/heretic and imperial:
    http://www.codex-imperialis.blogspot.com/

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast