Thread: Ace XT's Catachans (not really a log)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ace XT's Catachans (not really a log)

Since I don't have a decent camera, I haven't been able to document my 40K projects so far. However, my FLGS was nice enough to take some photos before today's game, and given this rare opportunity, I felt like sharing. That also means I won't be able to update this thread in a regular fashion, and as my army is complete for now, there won't be any work in progress. That being said, I hope some of you enjoy these grainy images.

EDIT: Most image links on page 1 are dead, and I repaired just a handful. Page 2 is fine.

The infantry, set up as Veterans. Most of those are 2nd ed. metal Catachans, except for a squad built from command squad parts.

There's a huge time gap between those tanks. I painted the Basilisk and the old Chimera in the late 1990s, in glowing emerald green. When I reactivated my Guard this year, I didn't bother to repaint them and just added a stubber to the Chimera. The rest was done this year, using airbrush and Revell paints.

The Armageddon-pattern Medusa is my pride and joy, and the interior detail on the kit is mind boggling. See below:

There's a ton of detail below the floor there, which is just impossible to see once the Medusa has been assembled.

Some might remember the Huey Valkyrie from its own thread here. At last, it is seeing some action, and after crashing last game thanks to the squadron rules (damn you!), it survived today.

I'll try and get some pics of my other units, but that's it for now.
    Last edited by AceXT; 14-08-2017 at 17:12.