The conversions are great with all that plastic card and look really promising, can't wait to see some painted!
I really like your take on the company banner and his combi-bolter.
Moreover I really like how you do your bases, looks really much like ruins of an imperial city.
I am looking forward to seeing what else comes from this thread, it also looks like someone has been using Detol?
Class looking models there man, love "Thor" !
Sgt Beaky is so gangsta
You, my friend, are Brother AWESOME! Dang it I love those poses. Your son is lucky (though I feel that if he's old enough to compete in a tourney, he should be building his own models ).
All in all a promising start to the lads army. Some really sweet looking builds and posing, one to watch I'm sure!!
Last edited by Mega Nutz; 21-12-2010 at 07:48.
Ostling, BrotherTearz, PariahZero, MR.Tea, Intrepid Adventurer and Mega Nutz - Thanks all!
- The bases have become the real fun part of the modelling - tho naming the troops is my son's favourite bit!
- Yes, Dettol has been used to Cleanse some Ultramarines for conversion to Blood Ravens!
- My son currently plays in 'assisted' mode with GW staff members - no tournaments yet
- He will be assisting the troop painting (after Christmas) by doing the 1:1 Water/Mechrite Red base coating and any washes
- We have a 'test' Marine called Brother Standby, who's an unconverted AoBR that's painted once as an Ultramarine, and twice as a Blood Raven... Brother Standby is Cleansed regularly!
Thanks again all!
So, more progress - Meet Brother Chainsmash!
Dread is PIP in the true test scheme, base is re-WIP:
Remember, he's PIP - C + C welcome!
Looks great, suitably battleworn!
Great looking models and paint job! Any plans on painting the eye lenses and drilling out the plasma pistols? That's probably the only real nit pick I have with the paint job.
Eggroll - yes!!! + Thanks!
- I had to have these playable by today because it's my son's birthday and he wanted to take them to war at the local GW, so still to do are the lenses, drill those plasma pistols (I'd completely forgotten about them!) and Chapter and Squad markings (Forgeworld decals in the warp somewhere...)
Blood Ravens 5th Company, 2nd Squad:
Brother Greyhand is Kickass! He's immense, i feel sorry for any xenos that catch his gaze as he surveys the battlefield from his perch.
That banner is also unbelievable, how did u get it to shine like that? It looks like ruddy silk!
Why do I Wargame?
Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war. - Horace
Bella detesta matribus (Wars are the dread of mothers). - Livy
Crimson Fist Plog - The slow build of the force depicted in my slowly building story -
11th Company : Secrets of Celcia - In the grim dark of the future there is no hope. There is only madness and the plans of mere mortals.
Check them out and let me know what you think!
I like the red and the bone for the shoulder pads, a suggestion I would make and this dependant on if you are still working on these models. If you are you can ignore this, but I would suggest picking a colour like a green or a icy blue and picking out the eyes. It should make the models really pop in conjunction with the bases
Jaraknarn - thanks!
- The banner shine is probably due to a satin spray varnish coat and bad light during the photography, not any real skill on my behalf!
Shadowmancer - I agree, and as I mentioned to Eggroll above, time just didn't permit, however I will get to them soon
And coming soon, some heavy weapons!