Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hadriel paints Mordheim

Hadriel paints Mordheim

Its been a long time since I was active in the fantasy forums. This is largely because although my only fully painted army is VCs my gaming group prefer 40k because we seem to be able to fit games in much easier.

Last year at my FLGS in Exeter; Khaos Games (then Eldritch Games) I took part in my first ever Mordheim campaign.

At the time I tried to get a warband assembled and painted. I got about 10 guys assembled then and one painted, my captain.

I really really enjoyed the campagin, not that I did very well but it was fun, so I decided to complete my warband which will hopefully see further use this Christmas holiday and then in a campaign in the New Year.

I have recently completed a couple more of the original warband members, so here's a shot of the three that are painted so far:
    (The Captain is in the middle with the sweeping noble hair)

I was lucky enough to pick up a box of the plastic Empire Greatswords at a large discount as Khaos Games is selling off its GW stuff as there's no real demand for it in our area at the moment.

Here are two of my favourite new guys:

I am recycling bases from my bitz box because I cleverly left all my plain bases at University... This also allows me to repeat the style of the bases from my current Mordheim guys which are quite old minis.

Below is a picture of my undercoated guys from the previous campaing:

web cookie to anyone who knows where the body for my Captain and various other minis comes from originally.

Here are the finalised greatsword-based conversions (I'm giving most of the swords and paraphernalia to my mate peaoui for his Empire army)

NB: The archer on the scenic base (Scibor's) is very special since he was a youngblood in the campaign and got really quite badass by the end. He did the majority of the killing and was rewarded with a nice base and a High Elf bow!

thats all for now!

I'd be interested to hear people's comments and criticisms.

thanks

Adam

Re: Hadriel paints Mordheim

Nice mordheim warband, I like the conversions on them and the painting is good to. I'm looking forward to the next update.

Cheers,
    G
    WAAAGH GHAZAK, fear the might from the goblins
    Never underestimate the power of mushroom driven fanatic's

My greenskin blog

Kool looking Warband

Those are some of the coolest looking Mercenary-esque types I have ever seen. Nice job!
    The Tabletop Showcase - A new forum dedicated solely to Project Logs and Showcases - Join us now!

The Daniel36 Chronicles - My Project Log
    My Warseer Heroes : JuicyTomatoes - Emperor Norton - Harry - Lord Dan - Ramius4 - Naitsabes - Little Joe - Boreas_NL
    (in no particular order)

Looking great! I find in terms of game play that armor is a bit worthless, but they look awesome! Mordheim is a great game.

Veteran Sergeant

These are very nice, especially the greatsword conversions. I do like that kit; if only it wasn't so damned expensive!
    ...an axe-age, a sword-age, a wind-age, a wolf-age, before the wrecking of the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Frog
    What the handbag carnival partridge underfelt is going on here?!?

LOads of CHaracter in here and i love it. You have made great use of the plastics and it will be great once painted!

Cheers-Kaos

What an overwhelming response. Thank you all so much guys, pretty much the greatest first post response I have ever received! I was inspired to crack on with some painting after all your words of encouragement, so I put some good music on and set to it!

This guy is just a hammer and shield bloke these days but was 'Captain' for a bit when mine died in the campaign. Figured the hammer could be counted as a morning star if needed.

I'm happy with how he came out, I have lost natural light so the highlights/ blending are a bit washed out by my camera flash.

I also finished this guy:

The pictures really don't do him justice as they are too bright. The washes, lowlights and natural shadows are lost here which is a shame.
    eCookies to people that came name the various parts in his construction.

Current warband shot:

I hope you like the new additions

@Seville- I know armour is pretty stupid in Mordheim but figured I liked the look of the models anyway so I'll just have to keep good notes in place of wysiwig...
    @Iredman- I ordinarily wouldn't be able to afford the Greatswords but I got them for 1/2 price at my FLGS sale

cheers guys, keep the comments coming!

Adam

Do my eyes deceive me, or do I spy an advanced heroquest henchman as the basis for that falconer?
    My Plog of Random Fantasy Stuff! http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...=230428&page=8The Everqueen, Orcs, and more!

The Tale of Terrain Builders! If you aren't in it, you should be. If you are and haven't posted, shame on you!
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...83#post5378983

Quote Originally Posted by Hadriel Caine View Post
    web cookie to anyone who knows where the body for my Captain and various other minis comes from originally.
    Plastic human Bloodbowl team.

Good stuff, very characterful.

great convertions. but it would complete everything if you would use blending and more water.

Apologies to both SameVimes and gaarew. I had fully intended to give you both lots of lovely eCookies but when I got to the Cookies folder all I found were some corrupted temporary files and this

Good spot on both of those though. Exactly right on both counts.
    It amused me to discover last night whilst trawling the Stuff of Legends that the Human blood bowl team was released in 1988 and the Advanced Heroquest set in early 1989. Both before I was even born. These miniatures really deserve a paint job after 21 years!

I'm not quite sure what to paint next but am open to suggestions

cheers

Adam

EDIT// @Joeli- thanks mate, must've posted whilst I was messing about with photobucket codes. I know what you mean about blending. Two excuses 1) I don't have my glasses and the older miniatures are tiny, 2) I have to paint these relatively quickly for a game this holiday but hope to revisit them with some more glazes and blending at a later stage. I plan to redo henchman 1's face at some point and want to wash the armour to dull the transitions a bit. Seriously thank you for your input, gives me a kick up the backside to implement better painting

Chapter Master

I'm liking the revamping of old plastics with the new advanced heroquest henchmen as well joining the BB players.

Thanks Keravin! I just had all these lovely classic minis lying around doing nothing and had a 'what if?' moment.

I'm happy with how they're turning out but am a bit apprehensive about how they'll look alongside the beautifully sculpted new plastics when I'm done. Hopefully the tweaks and extra bits will keep them all in line if tied together with my paint scheme.

Veteran Sergeant

Awesome stuff bud! Nice kitbashing on the models, looking good as always. Made me consider my bitzbox, as well as the chaos sorceror as a potential magister...

Fantastic work. A bit too much plate armour on the henchies for my tastes, but they're painted and converted brilliantly. I don't think I've actually seen plastic BB models looking decent before. I've been wondering what the hell I can do with my single remaining Human Blitzer; now I know.

You putting these up on Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    You never go full Corax.

Very clever conversions. They really have this classic-like adventurer/fighter feel to them!
    Very cool, I like a lot!

Thanks guys.
    @Salarath- I think we should try to get some games in next term. I'm really enjoying painting these and it'd be good to use them!
    @spetswalshe- Fair enough, I love the miniatures and won't be using them as armoured! Glad you like 'em. I have followed your suggestion and signed up to Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum, got a very warm welcome
    @defunct- thank you very much. That's exactly what I was going for. Mordheim is a game from my childhood and its nice to use even more classic models in a modern, updated way.

anyways MERRY CHRISTMAS chaps

ttfn

Adam

well, eben tough i dont celebrate Xmas you certainly cheer me up with the cookiemonster

no problem for the kick in the backside, you certainly have potential, and im sure with the tips i have gave you (wich you already knew of) will make a huge difference.

1 more advice about the colour scheme, i am not sure if it was intented, but all the characters are very cool looking, but they are EXACTLY the same painted, same pants, same armor, same skin tone. i dont think its a major issue, but maybe you can change the scheme with using just a little but alteration?

i have made (havent updated it for a long time tough) a log about champions from around the world, linked in my signature, wich consists about plastics minis that are turned into great heros, all with imagination.

maybe that can give you any crazy idea's?

also nice christmas to everybody who reads this!!

Joel

Wow lots of nice conversions here!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast