Thread: Cannons picking out characters

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cannons picking out characters

I had a look for the answer, couldn't find it. Apologies if it's been asked before, or is obvious.

My friend has dwarfs and says cannons can hit characters in units without any "Look out Sir" roll allowed ..... and my orcs are worried

The section he quotes is page 93, under Look out Sir, it says.....
    "If a champion (or character) is hit by a template.... then he may make a Look out Sir roll

Also, page 99.
    .........."shooting attacks that use some form of template (such as cannons (my friends says this means grape shot only, because cannon balls don't use templates) , stone throwers, breath weapons, and so on) If a character is hit by such an attack.... he's permitted to attempt a Look out Sir roll."

He says because the cannon ball can aim at a particular point on the table, it's not directly aiming at my character, and whatever it hits gets hits. Went on to say that i'd get a Look out Sir roll if the cannon used a grape shot (a flame template), and that's why they mention a cannon in the quote above. But not against a cannon ball because they don't use templates.

I've checked and can't find a section where it says i'm entitled to a Look out Sir against a non-template shot.

Can anyone help? I'm hoping he isn't right

PS. i'm assuming both the character and the unit he's in are both infantry
    Last edited by Nuada; 19-01-2011 at 15:32.