Hi Welcome to the other side of Sanity.
After years of Random blogs and unfinished Projects i thought it would be cool to have a place where I can put all of it together. Most bloggers would say it would be for you (that is this blogs readers benefit). Wishing to conform I Therefor would like to list a few benefits which I hope will apply to you:
when reading this blog you could experience the following:
2. An increase in hobby knowledge
3. Only a very limited number of product placements
so don't click this link if you are not interested in adds
(you clicked didn't you? Hope you find it useful there is never enough putty in the world!)
finally before we begin a small disclaimer:
1. I deny any allocations that this Blog is mostly for myself to gloat and stroke my own Ego.
2. I refuse to take responsibility for any damage caused to infants or adults for viewing this blog.
3. Views expressed in this Blog are my my own and in now way related to the companies that might or might not pop up in this Blog.
4. Any physical damage to Kittens or other cute fuzzy animals was honestly unintended. (except for hello Kitty that was completely intended)
5. Stunts performed in this blog are performed by a professional....
nutcase. Please try this at home.
6. I distance myself from any connections involving Wood Elves, Jon Bon Jovi, Drag Queens, Tree hugging and or any other bad 90's bands involving long haired men in tights. I also apologize in advance for any hurtful comments concerning said Panzy Elves. I just cant help it!
with all that out of the way! its time for toy soldiers!
As a little interlude it might be useful to disclose that I have been playing with toy soldiers for the last 17 years. In those years i have collected many an army and even won a few painting competitions. Last year i moved across borders. After a long farewell to my toys (and a brief one to my family) I arrived in the Far east city of Shanghai.
Now the first few months I went cold turkey. No glue and no paint. But as the real plastic junky that I am I have finally decided to pick it all up again. With no models and no hobby materials, what else is there to do but start all over!
So what does that mean! Well I love both 40k and fantasy so Both starter boxes would be good. Also a table and some scenery would be nice!
So here is what is on the table or rather more soon to be on the table. (Actually there is a Realms of Battle board involved so its more like, here is what is soon to be on the table that is soon to be on top of another table!)
2. 3 Woods
3. 2 Hills
4. 1 Arcane Ruins
5. 1 Witchfate Tor
6. Dreadstone Blight
7. Imperial Sector
and models wise:
2. 1 Island of Blood
now Most blogs start with a buck load of text and No pics. Not me (i already had two pics before!) However i have some more treats for you as I have not been idle these last few weeks!
Firstly here is an overall shot of the RoBB. Which was painted fairly simple with the Scenery painting kit. I always like to have a stark contrast between the rocks and the Grass. And as much of my table will be having some red as spot colors i added some Object source type of lava effects around the skulls.
As you might have noticed actually many of my scenery pieces have already been painted so here is a close up: