Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: World War Z

Re: World War Z

My laptop recently melted, so I have been out of the loop big time on my hobbying. Also, a recent disaster while painting another zombie hunter has momentarily put me off getting them finished (it's momentary, but bear with me).

I have been looking at the Zombies!!! boardgame with great interest but is it TOO simplistic for gaming fun? It looks like it flows nice and fast, which would be good considering me and Gomez will only have limited time to devote to it. Thoughts?

Also - here is a fun little game that I found from another zombie lover! I died a LOT, even when I tried to emulate all my favourite zombie films!

http://www.survivetheoutbreak.com/

Enjoy
    Imperial and Ork starships, random Imperial troops and now the developing zombie plague...
    Building the Orkmada- BFG Orks
    World War Z
    Quote Originally Posted by GomezAddams
    Right I'm going to head off, got cowgirls with massive racks to paint - its a hard life

Zombies board game is awesome. No way is it to simplistic. I'd recommend it for any zombie fan
    \m/ Metalhead of Warseer \m/
    My general painting log
    My Urban Mammoth Log

my friend has it and its great but it can take ages to finish..
    oh yeah and there are rules online to make it more of a rpg
    As it turns out any 8th ed army book cover can be improved by googlie eyes

I'm wondering where all the zombies went?
    Did you guys survive the break-out?
    Cheers
    "If we don't end war, war will end us."
    -H.G. Wells

We're not eaten just yet - Jihad is still recovering from Christmas and is a little busy with work, whilst I'm rushed off my feet with sales at work, more job interviews then I can count, and an OU assignment looming...

Anyway, just so you have a little something to wet your appetites. Jayne Needswood

Should be finished this weekend assuming all goes to plan, so should be finished sometime next month
    [Gomez and Jihad shoot some Zeds] [The Addams go to Malifaux]
    Quote Originally Posted by mdiscala referring to my Lady J
    Well I'm off to cruise bars for goth chicks.

funky
    extra chararcters

I really dig the pink

Large collars will never go out of fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doi View Post
    Knowing MOMUS I would guess something dirty and/or depraved.
    Or conning you into making a giant-sized Slann.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Inquisitor View Post
    That was pretty epic, MOMUS.

Yep, it's nearly February and am still reeling

I love the pink, and the pose of the miniature is very slick - I like the bracing arm. Where does the figure come from? Looking forward to the fluff that comes with this piece!

I have a survivor that I need to paint up, which will complete my posse of zombie hunters. However, after receiving a VERY generous care package from Gomez I need to make some tweaks to Fran too. I also have some metal zombies from Tengu to paint. Bleh, it's all a matter of getting the time to paint
    Imperial and Ork starships, random Imperial troops and now the developing zombie plague...
    World War Z
    Right I'm going to head off, got cowgirls with massive racks to paint - its a hard life

Operation Failsafe was what they called the attempt at stopping the spread of the virus. Military units created a cordon, supported by the police. The idea was to seal off trouble spots and filter uninfected through stated checkpoints. Filter them and funnel them to refugee camps behind the lines. That was the idea.

The army - I'm not talking national guard, I mean the ARMY - wore full MOPP suits. Now, you ask anyone who's tried to wear riot gear for any length of time and they will tell you how bad things get in that gear. These MOPP suits definitely contributed to the confusion. The civvies were in no mood to be controlled like that, there were multiple instances of rioting.

This was also where the distinction was drawn between shamblers and... Oh I dunno, 'sprinters.' I don't think the runners were quite dead - they might have been a result of virus mutation but these days who really cares? Anyway, runners got in amongst the crowds and that was pretty much it. The army panicked and it was a massacre.

Those pretty little refugee camps behind the lines? Well, to a zed there ain't no such thing as boundaries - I don't think any of the perimeters held for more than a week after... Well, after Failsafe failed.

FINALLY the latest batch of zeds are done. These were a group of 6 that I bought from http://www.tengumodels.co.uk/

The sculpting was lovely - nice and detailed without too much insanity. The figures themselves are very cool and I did a little tweaking of the detached limbs to try and make them different from each other. The female zeds I just found ... Creepy.

The cost was also nice and average - I think I got these as a set of 3 (so two sets) before Tengu broke the unit down into individuals. Haha! Beat ya!
    So yes, very happy with how the finished models look after their basing - the photo isn't reflecting them that well but I hope you people like
    Last edited by Jihad_Ragsta; 15-04-2012 at 17:30.
    World War Z

Looking great Jihad, those bloated fat-bastards are disgusting (in a good way, if there is such a thing). And hurray for more fluff!

did y'all get eaten?

Just out of interest did anyone else order the kickstarter zombicide? I think those minis will work very well with this thread....
    Quote Originally Posted by williamsond (on the new WV) View Post
    well it seems the old adage stands, you can't polish a ****, but it does appear that GW seems to think you can roll one in glitter...
    Member of J.A.D.E.D

Lest we forget

SHELFUNIT - Unfortunately they didn't ship outside of the US due to the weight. Which was a shame, but understandable.

MADDOCTOR - Kinda...

My current hours are up and down all over the place, and I believe Jihad is busy with work related things too. Theres also another factor that I haven't really discussed in public, but I feel I should post something as I do owe some form of explanation as to where my work rate here has dropped to nothing.

Without going into any details or negativity, my parting with my previous employer wasn't as smooth and happy as I'd have liked, and I've found it very hard to visualise anything finished that I associate with them. Visualising pieces is something I need to do before starting a figure; if I can't see it finished in some form, then it won't be painted. Given that 90% of the figures in this log are produced by my previous employer and you can quickly see the problem.*

Its probably a very silly thing, and I'll probably get over it, and the sculpts are as fantastic as they ever were but... I feel I put a lot of myself into the painting I do. Morticia has gotten used to the fact that if I'm started on something big, to just keep me supplied with brews and leave me too it. The thing is though, I have nothing left to give to those miniatures. Its really frustrating as I have three BSG figures to do for one of Morticias friends for her birthday. That was two months ago. I'll have a word with Jihad sometime soon about what we're going to do, as it seems a shame to let whats been a nice and successful plog go out with a whimper, but I hope people understand its not through choice - if it aint there, it aint there

That doesn't mean I've been inactive though. My Malifaux plogs been ticking along really well, as some know I'm running tale of skirmish painters, and the secret project I've been working on is about to bear its first fruit.

*Just as a quick addendum here. If anyone feels that theres negative implications going one way or another, or criticisms levels at one person or company, then thats there problem as its not whats intended at all. I'm trying to be honest, nothing more.
    Last edited by GomezAddams; 22-05-2012 at 21:19.
    [Gomez and Jihad shoot some Zeds] [The Addams go to Malifaux]
    Quote Originally Posted by mdiscala referring to my Lady J
    Well I'm off to cruise bars for goth chicks.

i think you should get a game in. let the pieces become characters, not models.

either way, sorry to hear things haven't been smooth recently.

Quote Originally Posted by GomezAddams View Post
    SHELFUNIT - Unfortunately they didn't ship outside of the US due to the weight. Which was a shame, but understandable.
    Really? I thought it was add $25 for international shipping?
    Quote Originally Posted by williamsond (on the new WV) View Post
    well it seems the old adage stands, you can't polish a ****, but it does appear that GW seems to think you can roll one in glitter...
    Member of J.A.D.E.D

Lest we forget

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7