Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Games Workshop Fantasy Releases Timeline (Mk. II)

Banned

Re: Games Workshop Fantasy Releases Timeline (Mk. II)

You know that reminds me, I still have Hero Quest and Warhammer Quest around here somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Asensur View Post
    Personal petition: make a Forgeworld one.

You can take your sources and dates from the forgeworld newsletters ^^
    Ha, if someone can forward me all their newsletters, maybe I will

Quote Originally Posted by RainSong View Post
    Very nice project, I'll add a link to my wip website.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwhisper View Post
    Great job!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Invigilius View Post
    Impressive job! Added to my favs. Shame I cannot help.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Gisoreux View Post
    I have some additions for you
    Quote Originally Posted by lbecks View Post
    I added some sculptors who were missing:
    Cheers guys, I'll add that in shortly

Quote Originally Posted by Far2Casual View Post
    It strikes me that since December 2007 (4 years), they published a new book for every single Destruction/Neutral army (and even two for some), against a single Order army (Lizardmen, February 2009).
    An interesting point to note. Hopefully Empire/Brets/Wood Elves/Dwarfs will get some love soon to help balance that out
    When did GW release something? Was it plastic or metal? Who sculpted it? Come find out:Fantasy, 40K, LOTR, BFG, Blood Bowl, Epic, Inquisitor, Man O' War, Mordheim, Necromunda & Warmaster

My best attempt at a Horus Heresy chronological order! https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Tymel...reading_guide/

Chaplain

I once again used the information of this thread. I'll just bump it up every time I use it, it would be dramatic to lose all the information gathered here.

Should be stickified.

What do the asterisks signify? I can't seem to find any explanation.

Commander

Nice compilation. I would never have been able to do something like this, I am much to impatient.

They are going to get 5 years with only two good armies, seeming as warriors of chaos and dark elves seem to be coming in the near future.

I guess GW hate nice guys for some reason.
    Last edited by Why; 13-04-2012 at 03:58.

Quote Originally Posted by cornixt View Post
    What do the asterisks signify? I can't seem to find any explanation.
    At some point I'd like to have this up on a little site of it's own, and for that I'm looking to include images for reference, so people can easily identify what each entry is talking about. I'm currently going around asking folks if I can use images of their models for this (from logs, coolminiornot, etc), and those asterisks are just my way of keeping track of which ones I have pics for
    When did GW release something? Was it plastic or metal? Who sculpted it? Come find out:Fantasy, 40K, LOTR, BFG, Blood Bowl, Epic, Inquisitor, Man O' War, Mordheim, Necromunda & Warmaster

My best attempt at a Horus Heresy chronological order! https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Tymel...reading_guide/

2003 Saurus cavalry were metal models on plastic mounts, not all plastic. Only the Lustria ones from a few years later were completely plastic.
    As a long-time Goblin player, I can reliably inform you that failure is ALWAYS an option.

Painting Log - Circle Orboros - Warpwolves FTW!
    Terrain Log - Circle Orboros themed terrain for Hordes

Erroneous!!! Those lustria models aren't cold ones! They look like what would happen if you stuck an iguana and a rhinoceros into the teleporter from "the fly" at the same time! They can't possibly be beautiful, sleek, cold ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Avian View Post
    2003 Saurus cavalry were metal models on plastic mounts, not all plastic. Only the Lustria ones from a few years later were completely plastic.
    Thanks

(wordage)

Bookmarked! Awesome work. Unfortunately (for the project, at least) I sold all my WD's from the nineties.

Also, feel free to use any of the pictures of my miniatures (link in the footnote), though I am sure You'd find plenty of better painted ones on the 'net.
    Last edited by Sir_Glonojad; 21-05-2012 at 18:17.
    High Elves of Caledor up. 25.VII'15 (Eltharion, Loremaster & Handmaiden) o Bretonnians and Dark Elves up. 27.XI'15 (second 3rd/5th Ed.bl Bowmen
    Models Got / Assembled /Painted / Based:
    2012: G. 41 / A.50 /P.28 (25 In, 2 Ca, 1 MB)/ B.[SIZE=2]19; 2013: G.47 / A.60 / P.37 (32 In. 4 Ca, 1 WM )/ B. 32;2014: G. 69 / A. 41 / P. 36 (35 In + 1 Mo)/ B. 37; 2015: G. 49 / A.36/ P.29 (6Ca + 22In +1Mo) / B.33

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Glonojad View Post
    Bookmarked! Awesome work. Unfortunately (for the project, at least) I sold all my WD's from the nineties.

Also, feel free to use any of the pictures of my miniatures (link in the footnote), though I am sure You'd find plenty of better painted ones on the 'net.
    Thanks very much

I got really lucky on ebay with White Dwarfs for this project: found a lot of 185 issues dating all the way back to 101, and won it for a mere 10.49

This is amazing! Could you add a note saying what the asterisks mean?
    Looking for Warhammer Fantasy scenarios? Try warhammerscenarios.net

Thanks Also thanks for that point, I've been meaning to do that. Now done.

In posts #3-6, all the headings are invisible if you (like me) are using the alternative forum skin of black font on white background. Presumably it's because they are set to white. The headings in the first two posts are fine.
    As a long-time Goblin player, I can reliably inform you that failure is ALWAYS an option.

Painting Log - Circle Orboros - Warpwolves FTW!
    Terrain Log - Circle Orboros themed terrain for Hordes

Setting this up as a sticky.

Well deserved. Fantastic resource. Dip into it all the time.
    Founding father of J.A.D.E.D. Jerks Against Directors Extraordinary Decisions.
    My Project Log "This week I have mostly been painting ...."
    My other log of Vintage stuff: "A Blast from the Past"
    You might also like: "'Ere be Giants"

Quote Originally Posted by Avian View Post
    In posts #3-6, all the headings are invisible if you (like me) are using the alternative forum skin of black font on white background. Presumably it's because they are set to white. The headings in the first two posts are fine.
    Sorry about that, that is indeed due to the fact that some of it is set to "white" font (a leftover from the last version of Warseer I think). I got part way through fixing that, thanks for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnok View Post
    Setting this up as a sticky.
    Awesome, thank you ^^ And all the more reason for me to get it fixed up!

Yes, this is certainly wonderful.

Finally finished fixing the formatting so white text shouldn't be a problem on mobile devices (phew that took some doing!)

Also, there are three models I know were released but can't find dates for in White Dwarf (there may well be a lot than that of course, but there are three I know about):

Dwarf Stone Thrower (old)
    Dwarf Goblobber
    Screaming Skull Capapult (old Undead one, pre-Tomb Kings)

If anyone knows when these came out that would be most helpful, even if it's just a rough idea so I know where to look and don't have to scour dozens of issues of WD

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast