Thread: Army Builder

Army Builder

Anyone know of a free Warhammer fantasy army builder? Preferably one that works on mac? Tho would take one for the PC as well

The eighth largest economy in the world, California

Re: Army Builder

Lone Wolf's army builder 3.3, Its free... provided you pay the one time fee of 39.99.

Veteran Sergeant

That isn't entirely true anymore. If you don't pay a yearly fee, you lose the ability to get updates. You can use the copy you have, but if new books come out or updates to the software, you can't get it.

Now, if you don't care about that, and just want to use the copy you get, then you don't have to pay anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    Lone Wolf's army builder 3.3, Its free... provided you pay the one time fee of 39.99.
    Ummm... wait, what?

Cheers, Gary
    Admin - Bugman's Brewery

"Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do." - Voltaire
    "Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone." - Unknown

Veteran Sergeant

armycreator.com

It's free, but still in beta, and does not contain the game's rules, so you'll have to know what your magic items etc actually do. Also, only 7 armies are represented thus far.

Enjoy.

Chapter Master

I use BattleScribe: http://www.battlescribe.net/index.html

It's quite frankly, excellent. Don't get put off by the 5 minutes or so of setting up you have to do, it's worth it.

Works on Mac, too.
    Last edited by scarletsquig; 18-02-2011 at 06:17.

I use The Most Brilliant Army Builder, sadly it runs on hardware not affordable by many, but I've been gifted with one of the greatest minds of all time

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK ( Land of sheep and cheap ale )

If you have an android O/S smartphone try searching for army list creator on the Android market place. It's $1.99 US or £1.67 UK its supports all Warhammer armys.

It doesn't include the rules like lonewolfs AB but I find AB over priced overly complex and it true to cram too much into a small area.

The above army list creator is simple quick and efficient I created my 10k Empire army list in about ten minutes including characters and magic items.

Unfortunately I don't know if there is a MAC or PC version.
    I sold my soul for plastic playthings and six sided sirens.

Just tested Battlescibe for the first time. Impressed however, it doesn't give the option for arming the troops (ie GW, Ahw).

Land of the sheep, and no not New Zealand

I jst downloaded Battle Scribe and so far the only problem I have found is that it thinks Empire Sword man are 5pts each when they're 6 but that's the only issue I found and tbh it being free I think it's pretty amazing
    "Mia clementia, denar esto" - "Have mercy. I was blind, but now I can see"
    A can of Inferno Relentless a day, keeps the doctor at bay
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Turalyon View Post
    The Descent of Angels would be good if titled "Cyphers favorite childhood memories"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vote Kantor View Post
    You are all forgetting the two unknown primarchs, chuck norris and santa

Chapter Master

Yeah, the army files for it need work, mainly because battlescribe has only existed since last year. If you notice a problem with points values being wrong/options not there, you have to report it on their forums so it can be fixed. There's hardly anyone using it for fantasy at the moment, it's mostly 40k players using it so little bugs don't get noticed.

Impressed however, it doesn't give the option for arming the troops (ie GW, Ahw).
    You have to select the unit after adding it to the list, then the different weapon options appear on the side panel. Unless the particular list you are using needs work.
    Last edited by scarletsquig; 19-02-2011 at 22:30.

if you had a licence for the old 2.2c version of army builder they still make files for both Warhammer, and 40k, and usually quicker to-boot.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Arromanche/
    Quote Originally Posted by Goq Gar View Post
    You speak wisely, and I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by scarletsquig View Post
    Yeah, the army files for it need work, mainly because battlescribe has only existed since last year. If you notice a problem with points values being wrong/options not there, you have to report it on their forums so it can be fixed. There's hardly anyone using it for fantasy at the moment, it's mostly 40k players using it so little bugs don't get noticed.
    I just wanted to point out that the tools for editing the data files are included with BattleScribe. They are pretty easy to use, so if you find a problem with a file, you can open it up and fix it.

And if you do fix it, feel free to post it on the BattleScribe forum issue tracker so it can be shared with everyone

Thanks!

++ Jonskichov ++
    + Developer of BattleScribe +

++ Contact ++
    + Google+ | Twitter | Facebook +

It's pity that xml files armycalc, warfoundry, tabletopcommander and battlescribe (and why not ab 2.2) don't use the same coding .

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadaxe View Post
    It's pity that xml files armycalc, warfoundry, tabletopcommander and battlescribe (and why not ab 2.2) don't use the same coding .
    Well the XML schemas will be in a folder for all to use in the next release of BattleScribe. Perhaps the others will pick up my format?

++ Jonskichov ++
    + Developer of BattleScribe +

++ Contact ++
    + Google+ | Twitter | Facebook +

Quote Originally Posted by Domandi View Post
    That isn't entirely true anymore. If you don't pay a yearly fee, you lose the ability to get updates. You can use the copy you have, but if new books come out or updates to the software, you can't get it.

Now, if you don't care about that, and just want to use the copy you get, then you don't have to pay anymore.

Not true. You lose the ability to have AUTOMATIC updates. You can still download the updates directly from the website for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonskichov View Post
    Well the XML schemas will be in a folder for all to use in the next release of BattleScribe. Perhaps the others will pick up my format?
    To my opinion all the others will say "use my XML schema"