Thread: facebook games that don't require adding 500 friends nonsense?

Question facebook games that don't require adding 500 friends nonsense?

Are there any fun collaborative games on facebook that don't require you adding 500 friends or posting garbage on your wall (or similar nonsense) that you could recommend?

Would prefer fantasy or sci-fi theme, but I'm open to suggestions, as I've begun to loathe the 'add 500 friends' type games.

P.S. I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Last edited by Fugazi; 06-03-2011 at 00:17.

Re: facebook games that don't require adding 500 friends nonsense?

You mean the games where they force you to add friends or 'like' their page to advance throughout the game?

Yeah... look out for that Rome Empire one... that thing is laggy and annoying with requests for friends and other nonsense.

I've been playing Backyard Monsters - fantasy themed (I guess) game about raising your own farm of monsters. THEN YOU SEND THEM TO OTHER PEOPLE'S FARMS FOR A BLOODY MASSACRE.

It's really a tower defence + farming game. It's not as laggy because there's only a set number of buildings allowed - but you upgrade them for better performance.

It rarely asks you to add friends - but it's good to make friends because it gives you a resource bonus (something useful for once) as well as buildtime-decrease bonus (again something useful to have).

As for me, I only have 2 'enemy farms' and 5 'friends' and none of them play the game regularly for me to take advantage of either the resource or buildtime bonuses. But I can still level up without any problems.

sj

The 500 friends thing was what put me off Mafia Wars eventually. I had 400+ people, most of whom I had no desire to know as my friends.

Having said that, when I recently purged the list, I have kept 3 or 4 from MW as friends, because we do have a laugh and genuinely seem to get on...

bejeweled blitz, doesn't really require friends, scoreboard competition is fun with your mates though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius_Baltar View Post
    the Orange again has a pretty good idea.

I'll second Backyard Monsters, it updated every now and then meaning the same tactics don't work as well over longer periods of time.
    Painting Log - My for sale/trade thread! PM me if you're after something not on the list, I might have it!
    Available for commissions, PM me if you're interested.
    Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue plog
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocracity View Post
    I don't want to get all ad hominem up in here, but I honestly don't know why so many people who complain that Ward writes for 13 year olds insist on acting like 13 year olds anyhow.

Stick figure on a beach Arnizipal's Avatar

Music challenge!
    It's insanely addictive, and you get to know obscure music in the later levels
    Come join the discussion at the Warseer Anime Fan Group

Quote Originally Posted by sigur View Post
    Yo Dawg, I heard you like Bladerunner so we put that on the 52" lcd screen in your doomwheel. And a fishtank full of electric eels to power it.

If you don't like the friends part, why ask for it to be on Facebook?

Kongregate.com
    Casualcollective.com

All the flash games you could ever need!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehorn View Post
    If you don't like the friends part, why ask for it to be on Facebook?
    Friends are fine, just not the "add 500 people to your clan/mafia/farm/whatever" stuff. Most basic flash games aren't tied to a database backend, so you can't have multiplayer/cooperative gameplay.
    Last edited by Fugazi; 10-03-2011 at 22:11.

Quote Originally Posted by MF3000 View Post

I've been playing Backyard Monsters - fantasy themed (I guess) game about raising your own farm of monsters. THEN YOU SEND THEM TO OTHER PEOPLE'S FARMS FOR A BLOODY MASSACRE.

It's really a tower defence + farming game. It's not as laggy because there's only a set number of buildings allowed - but you upgrade them for better performance.

It rarely asks you to add friends - but it's good to make friends because it gives you a resource bonus (something useful for once) as well as buildtime-decrease bonus (again something useful to have).

As for me, I only have 2 'enemy farms' and 5 'friends' and none of them play the game regularly for me to take advantage of either the resource or buildtime bonuses. But I can still level up without any problems.

sj
    +1 and they have just released the ability to build outposts which results in less annoying raids and more conquest instead

Other funzies are Bushwacker and Warstorm, You can add mates but you don't "need" to add mates.

Stay away from Frontierville!
    Familiarity, the first myth of reality: What you know the best you observe the least.
    Devotion, the second myth of reality: The faithfull are most hurt by the objects of their faith.
    Conviction, the third myth of reality: Only those who seek the truth can be decieved.
    Fellowship, the fourth myth of reality: As the tides of war shift, so do loyalties.
    Trust, the fifth myth of reality: Every truth holds the seed of betrayal.

BYB is stagnant if you play often. You quickly run out of things to do and this new outpost expansion is a huge, dull timesink with zero satisfaction.

Check out CC's new game - Battle Pirates. You at least get to design ship blueprints and have some control in fights.

I'm happy with my 4 outposts at the moment. It gives me enough farms to cycle through. I just hope no one attacks me lol.

sj

I'm upto 6 already, its a nice change. I havn't been attacked since this new outpost thing started (its just a matter of time though...)

Almost all FB games want you to add friends, that is thier mission (that and trying to tempt you to spend money).
    Familiarity, the first myth of reality: What you know the best you observe the least.
    Devotion, the second myth of reality: The faithfull are most hurt by the objects of their faith.
    Conviction, the third myth of reality: Only those who seek the truth can be decieved.
    Fellowship, the fourth myth of reality: As the tides of war shift, so do loyalties.
    Trust, the fifth myth of reality: Every truth holds the seed of betrayal.