Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons; The Forces Of Prospero Project Log'

Re: Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons; The Scarab Occult Project

the bases look very good, they willmake for a good contrast
    <

The Concept looks really good, i am definitely curios how it turns out.

Concerning the jetbike count as:

I would say it depends on the models in the list. If every power armor marine is a stand in terminator, it could be even more confusing to have some of them with teleporters that suddenly have a worse save. So if you only use Terminator, Inceptors and Dread Knights, it should be pretty easy to distinguish them. But put Purifiers in the mix and everything becomes a blur.
    So my point is, if you use jetbikes than the difference is more clear. The only problem could be the bases, but if you make them heavier maybe the small ones can bear a jetbike. And with psybolt ammunition you could even put bigger guns on them.
    <

HARD WORK!
    So far the first model looks to be my best painted miniature yet, and it should be given that I spent a evening blending the red, a 2nd evening doing the gold and this afternoon on the other details and I've still got to do the arms. Makes me look forward to the finished model and glad I'm only doing around 25 of them!

With luck I'll have the first guy done by the end of the week, just need to figure out how to detail his base so he isn't dwarfed by it?

BASEWORK & FILLERS
    Problem is, because Iím using them as artificer armoured troops (terminators) I have to mount them on 40mm bases, some of the models can be posed to make the base not look to big but there are a lot of large gaps. I would love to model some small tutelaries (warp entities the thousand sons used) on the base but Iím having trouble finding the right miniatures to convert, I did think of using the ghouls and painting the hairs as flames but theyíve got too many bones on them so I donít think it would look right.

So any ideas on what I can use to convert something similar to this critter right here which is how I imagined the tutelaries looked to go on my bases?

<

Great looking WIP, that red is gorgeous!
    <

the work in progress marine is fantastic, really rich colours and great highlighting on the golds. looking forward to seeing these chaps develop.
    Petay1985

Trade Threads: Forsale / Wanted
    Project Legs: Brotherhood of the Sicklemoon, 5th Legion
    <

Brother Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Proiteus View Post
    HARD WORK!

I would love to model some small tutelaries (warp entities the thousand sons used) on the base but Iím having trouble finding the right miniatures to convert, I did think of using the ghouls and painting the hairs as flames but theyíve got too many bones on them so I donít think it would look right.

So any ideas on what I can use to convert something similar to this critter right here which is how I imagined the tutelaries looked to go on my bases?

Great work so far! As for the tutelaries: lizardmen or kroxigors (Might be too big). Or Ork Torsos w/Lizardman heads.
    <

Nid gargoyle torso, daemon horrors arms, green stuff flames?
    <

Chaplain

I reckon it would depend how big you want them to be. Lizardmen skinks with their crests trimmed off and added flames could work quite well and not be too overpowering.
    <

JUST THE FIRST OF MANY!
    Well this has to be my best painted model ever and heís only the first of 20 to 30 more just like him! Which is good as he took a week to paint. I used painting tutorials from 2 White Dwarfs to help me paint the model to the best of my ability; the Space Hulk captain tutorial for the armour and jewels and the high elf princeís for the gold, robes and sword. The hardest and most frustrating part was the symbols, especially the thousand sons logo but with a few snarls and curses later I was happy with it thou I will paint the scarab a little smaller next time.

I did try to paint an engraving into the bracelet but it didnít come out like I had hoped. Iím very pleased thou with how the robes came out.

Because Iím looking to make an army of artificer armoured warriors (counts as terminators) I needed to include a personal teleporter for the deep strike ability and although the thousand sons can hurl objects, lightning and fire they always carry a holster bolt pistol or bolter, itís a small detail I going to add to all of the warriors.

As for the base, due to his pose I couldnít place him on a flat 40mm base without him being dwarfed by it, so I created a raised platform for him using a resin 40mm and greenstuff.

Now Iím even more psyched to get started on the next model and try make it better looking than this one!
    <

Wow thats pretty cool! May have too aquire some new tomb kings and MKIII soon! Very inspiring! Subscribed
    Quote Originally Posted by Hochdorf View Post
    I'm disturbed by the fact that Theodor Bruckner's codpiece appears to be substantially larger than a normal man's head
    <

HEAVY HITTERS?
    I finally played a game against some dreadknights, thanks to their Teleporters they tore my mech guard to shreds. This made me realise that I need at least 2 as a single one would be brought down by focus fire, so Iíve been thinking of ideas to represent Dreadknights in my pre-heresy thousand sons.

I could go with the robots of the Pyrae like one featured in the Thousand Sons army that won best army at Throne Of Skulls. Or I could go extreme and use the torso from the war sphinx and create a huge warp entity with a thousand son warrior modelled on the base controlling it (or perhaps not), this would make the army more post heresy than pre-heresy as itĎs something theyĎd likely use after they separation from the Imperium. Iíd most likely model it with a ghost/genie like tail like the blue spirit Iíve shown in previous posts.

What do you think?
    Also any suggestions on how I can convert the thunder hammer to match the Egyptian like theme, so far I can only think of using the lion heads off the chaos tank sprue?
    <

the finished marine is looking splendid fella, a very nice representation of Prospero's finest. looking forward to seeing a squad painted to this standard.
    Petay1985

Trade Threads: Forsale / Wanted
    Project Legs: Brotherhood of the Sicklemoon, 5th Legion
    <

Chapter Master the damned artificer's Avatar
    Looking superb, and it will look excellent on the table once you're done !
    You could do the dread knights as pre heresy dreadnoughts, as to my understanding they were quite big compared to the post heresy dreads

I just remembered something, have you thought about using the the new necrosphinx for anything in your army ?? I have a little plan for some 1k sons related goodies that is based on one of those bad boys :P
    Last edited by t-tauri; 11-07-2011 at 19:08. Reason: Double post-please use the edit button.
    <

Quote Originally Posted by the damned artificer View Post
    I just remembered something, have you thought about using the the new necrosphinx for anything in your army ?? I have a little plan for some 1k sons related goodies that is based on one of those bad boys :P
    Like I said...

Or I could go extreme and use the upper body from the war sphinx and create a huge warp entity with a thousand son warrior modelled on the base controlling it.
    <

Chapter Master the damned artificer's Avatar

Like I said...
    Wauw, I guess I have to slow down when reading hehe

Well, then I'm voting for the necrosphinx idea
    <

Definitely try something with the Necrosphinx! Sounds like a fantastic idea, painted in glowy blue with a Marine standing in an appropriate 'summoning' pose.
    <

Brother Sergeant

hey ive started a pre heresy thousand sons army , currently waiting on all the bits to arrive, i have how ever converted a squad seargent ( im using the GK rules so he gonna be leading my purifier squad)
    what you think

Attachment 111109
    sorry if the pic quality not to good
    <

Commander

Amazing, simply amazing work

Welld done
    <

Brother Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGodOfNothing View Post
    Great work so far! As for the tutelaries: lizardmen or kroxigors (Might be too big). Or Ork Torsos w/Lizardman heads.

hey im using wood elf dryads to convert my tutelaries , i done it on 1 model so far, i posted a pic a few posts up
    <

Awesome painting. You've really upped your painting a notch with this log! Good to know that the Thousand Sons are in good hands

Cheers,
    BTB
    <

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast