Thread: New Mordheim Warband from Araby

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Librarian

New Mordheim Warband from Araby

Hi, I posted this elsewhere but I thought I'd show it here too. Lemme know what you think. This is one of two warbands I made for the Khemri/Araby setting, but it can be used in regular Mordheim as well. Just a note, Dinar = Gold Crowns.

Arabyan Sorcerers Guild
    The Goblins of Araby have a unique story in the history of the greenskin races. Probably distantly related the Hobgoblin nomads of the desert wastes, Araby Goblins were at one point driving into the cities; either by a long period of deadly sand storms, or for lack of food and water, no one knows. Very suddenly, the people of Araby, who had previously very little contact with these Goblins, were encountering these greenskins in droves, as their streets teamed with pointy green ears.

Over the centuries, these urbanized goblins became the focus of revile, hatred and often even violence, as the stereotype of the sneaky, murderous thief-Goblin became more and more prevalent, a role the Goblins were in turn only too happy to fill.

With little option for legal work, Goblins became involved with the black trades, until the rise of the Guild of Sorcerers. Equally feared by all, the Guild of Sorcerers was enigmatic and occult organisation that, while many would swear the mysterious members were up to no good, fell safely protected under the letter of the Arabyan law. Facing equal antipathy, the Guild of Sorcerers was quick to employ the cast down Goblins, who had the cleverness, cruelty, greed and, perhaps most importantly, overwhelming numbers to bolster the ranks of the meager Guild.

Today the Guild of Sorcerers is a fearsome power in the cities. While the actually Sorcerers are very few in number, their cabal is well protected, hidden behind the cryptic obsidian walls of their Guild's Citadel with countless Goblin mercenary bodyguards at hand.

Arabyan Sorcerers Guild Skills
    Sorcerer (Shooting, Academic, Speed)
    Goblin Bodyguard (Combat, Shooting, Strength, Speed)
    Apprentice (Academic)

Sorcerer Equipment list
    Jambiya (Dagger) - 1st free/2gc
    Staff - 3 gc
    Scimitar (Sword) - 10 gc
    Crossbow - 25 gc
    Bow - 10 gc
    Helmet - 5 gc

Goblin Equipment list
    Jambiya (Dagger) - 1st free/2gc
    Mace - 3 gc
    Axe - 5 gc
    Scimitar (Sword) - 10 gc
    Spear - 10 gc
    Crossbow - 25 gc
    Bow - 10 gc
    Light armour - 20 gc
    Shield - 5 gc
    Buckler - 5 gc
    Helmet - 5 gc

Heroes

1 Sorcerer (100 Dinar to Hire, Starts with 20 Exp)
    Code:
    M	WS	BS	S	T	W	I	A	Ld
    4	4	4	3	3	1	3	1	8
    Weapons and Armour: The Sorcerer starts the game with a Tomb of Magic, immediately gaining one spell from the Lesser Magic list as described in the Mordheim rule book. This item may never be sold, but any Apprentices in the Warband may make use of it as well (if they have taken the Arcane Lore skill). Further equipment may be selected from the Sorcerer Equipment list.
    Special Rules: Wizard (the Sorcerer can use Magic from the Lesser Magic list), Leader.

0-2 Goblin Bodyguard (35 Dinar to Hire, Starts with 8 Exp)
    Code:
    M	WS	BS	S	T	W	I	A	Ld
    4	4	4	3	3	1	3	1	5
    Weapons and Armour: Goblin Bodyguards may be equipped with weapons and armour chosen from the Goblin Equipment list.

0-2 Apprentice (15 Dinar to Hire, Starts with 0 Exp)
    Code:
    M	WS	BS	S	T	W	I	A	Ld
    4	2	2	3	3	1	3	1	6
    Weapons and Armour: Apprentices may be equipped with weapons and armour chosen from the Sorcerer Equipment list.

Henchmen
    Goblin Lackey (20 Dinar to Hire)
    Code:
    M	WS	BS	S	T	W	I	A	Ld
    4	2	3	3	3	1	3	1	5
    Weapons and Armour: Goblin Lackeys may be equipped with weapons and armour chosen from the Goblin Equipment list.

0-2 Eyeball of U'zhul (40 Dinar to Hire)
    Code:
    M	WS	BS	S	T	W	I	A	Ld
    6	2	2	2	2	1	2	1	5
    Weapons and Armour: Eyeballs do not use weapons or armour, and suffer no penalties for this.
    Special Rules: Cause Fear, Does Not Gain Experience, Spellcasters (May attempt cast Fires of U'zhul each turn exactly as if it were a wizard).

0-1 Golem (200 Dinar to Hire)
    Code:
    M	WS	BS	S	T	W	I	A	Ld
    4	3	0	5	5	4	1	2	10
    Weapons and Armour: Golems do not use weapons or armour, and suffer no penalties for this.
    Special Rules: Cause Fear, May Not Run, Immune to Psychology, Immune to Poison, No Pain (Counts Stunned as Knocked Down), No Brain (Does Not Gain Experience), Large.
    Last edited by Galadrin; 28-03-2006 at 13:41.