Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ScorpionWing, A Red Scorpions Terminator Army

Brother Sergeant

ScorpionWing, A Red Scorpions Terminator Army

Hello,

This is my first thread on warseer. I am been looking through project logs for quite a while and I thought I should start my own (now that I have a serious project going). Some of my favourite models in the game are Terminators, Land Raiders and Dreadnoughts and I find the Red Scorpions a fantastic and characterful chapter so I thought I would combine the two (and I love the small model count/elite nature of the deathwing). I have collected 40k on and off since I was young but I have never played and I don't know how to (well, I do know a bit). I would like to start playing, especially now that I have a sizable army, but I know no one who does so. Anyways, enjoy my models (or not). Comments and criticism are welcome, I am hear to learn and be inspired. Pictures follow below.

Brother Sergeant

Re: ScorpionWing, A Red Scorpions Terminator Army

Here are my two landraiders in all their glory:

Side of Land Raider:

Crusader:

Crusader side:

Rear:

Front:

Brother Sergeant

Converted Siege Dreadnought (still needs to be weathered):

AOBR Dreadnought (needs a base, if anyone wants to send me one...:

Together:

Terminator Chaplin, I don't like the new chaplin model so I modified the old one:

Shoulder:

Side (I will fill the gap eventually):

Brother Sergeant

So, it seems that my posts need to be reviewed before they can appear. Pictures will hopefully appear soon.

Does anyone know how long this takes?
    Last edited by Lebensform; 17-05-2011 at 22:14. Reason: question

usualy about a day or so mate when the mods have approved it, looking forward to the pictures of your force

welcome to warseer
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeMinisterSinister View Post
    I like the big sword.
    it's pretty pointless to look for logic in a world where dudes get in mile long space ships to travel a hundred years to fight with swords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danjester View Post
    I keep wanting to put the new Asmodai in the LSV's pulpit. "Drive me closer! I want to hit them with my Holy Club!"
    [QUOTE=Gossipmeng;6708867People complaining is getting old, sounds like everyone just wants to play necrons that look like gundams.[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to seeing your army - Just threw my Deathwing army plog up a few minutes ago and excited to see what you've got cooking!

I'm in a similar boat; I've finally got an army nearly completed and would like to start playing but never have.

Good luck!
    When I look into your eyes, it's just devils and dust...
    Project Log - Guardians of the Covenant Deathwing, Space Wolves, and (maybe) more...

Brother Sergeant

Pictures are up

Wow, really impressive!

I really like the weathering on the Land Raiders and your yellow is quite good. I gave up on yellow a long time ago, lol.

Keep it up, this army will look spectacular!
    Project Log - Guardians of the Covenant Deathwing, Space Wolves, and (maybe) more...

Brother Sergeant

The yellow's pretty easy if you use Iyaden Darksun. Just apply many watered down coats to get a smooth finish. Using Golden Yellow is terribly annoying and takes someone of iron will to paint with it.

I'll give that a try next time I need to attempt anything yellow. Thanks!

Brother Sergeant

Terminator Assualt Squad. I painted these long before the rest of the models in my army so they are a different grey (slightly blue) and they are not done as well and some of them have a little too much gold for my tastes. But here they are:

Some other shots:

My squad of AOBR Terminators. One is missing an arm at the moment because I am replacing it with a chainfist and the assualt cannon is converted from a land speeder assualt cannon (but the handle is not very good):

Brother Sergeant

I have a painted Commander Culln model on my table but I used the base he was on for the Chaplin. I need to fix up his face and build a new base for him, WIP pics of the base will come as soon as I get a base to put him on (I have a shortage of 40mm bases right now).

But here is what I am working on at the moment, a terminator squad to accompany Culln complete with Apothecary Sergeant, as is appropriate for the Red Scorpions. It has been raining non stop so I haven't got around to priming them, but I will as soon as it stops. The terminator in the back ground has trouble standing but you get the idea:

The Sergeant:
    Last edited by Lebensform; 18-05-2011 at 21:07. Reason: grammar

What is the reason you prefer the old chaplain model above the new 1?

Brother Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by louwie616 View Post
    What is the reason you prefer the old chaplain model above the new 1?
    First, I think it fits better with the Red Scorpion aesthetic and second, I don't like all the scrolls and I hate the pose. Also, I find the helmet on the older model quite unique and it stands out in a way the common sight of the new Chaplin would not. Oh, and it cost me about $5 on ebay!

Always fun to see a Red Scorpion army. They are eye candy indeed. Will this be a "Counts as Deathwing" army then?
    -POW

"These xenos think they can prey upon mankind like sheep, I intend on showing them the error of their ways" - Bulveye Wolf Lord of the 13th Great Company
    "Though the storm rages and the foe gathers about us, we are unmoved. Let them come: we are the warriors of the First Legion, and we have never known defeat!" - Brother-Redemptor Nemiel

Brother Sergeant

Yup. With Culln as Belial

Good things. Look forward to following this plog.
    -POW

"These xenos think they can prey upon mankind like sheep, I intend on showing them the error of their ways" - Bulveye Wolf Lord of the 13th Great Company
    "Though the storm rages and the foe gathers about us, we are unmoved. Let them come: we are the warriors of the First Legion, and we have never known defeat!" - Brother-Redemptor Nemiel

Brother Sergeant

I have been working on something else recently and I have not done any more work on the Scorpions save priming them. Heres what I have been doing and sorry that I don't have more WIP pictures. I will take a better picture of the model soon, but you can get an idea from these shots:

In Progress:

Painting complete (I might lighten the highlights but I am scared to do so as I don't want it to be a bright model, I'll probably leave it as it is):

I have this razorback that I stripped the paint off of and sanded off a bunch of superglue. I want to turn it into a whirlwind but I don't want to use the regular whirlwind launcher. I thought about using Valkyrie missile pods and attempting to make a support out of plasticard, but I'm not sure. If anyone can send me links/pictures/ideas of alternative whirlwind launchers I would greatly appreciate it! :

And here are the primed Terminators, ready for painting:

Brother Sergeant

Here is the finished Culexus Assassin. It was a pain to get it on the base. I had to pin the leg through the rock and use a lot of super glue to keep it in place. I really had never like this model very much and I bought it on ebay on because it was so cheap, but after receiving it and painting it I have come to think it is actually a pretty neat and inventive model:

I hope to add an inquisitor and a few squads of stormtroopers w/ some support vehicles way down the line. I know that the allies rules were taken out of the new Grey Knights codex so I can't use the amazing assassin stats found in it but the Witchhunters codex has allies for now, and I really want to build an inquisitor, some imperial guard and some imperial guard vehicles. I'm just brimming with ideas for them.

And just for fun, here is some generic sci-fi machinery (archeotech) that I built out of parts from a digital camera:

As I asked in the last post, anyone know of any alternative whirlwind turret conversion/products/pictures? My searching only goes so far and I imagine there are people out there aware of products, etc. that I am not.

Brother Sergeant

I looked the the pictures of the culexus and I reliazed that the rock is too bright and I did not clean up the edge of the base. I will have to fix that but I will probably not post pictures.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast