Page 36 of 143 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Thread: Storm of Magic pt2

Re: Storm of Magic pt2

Ok, some stuff I'm thrilled about, some stuff seems 'meh' from the pictures. I guess I'll wait and see for a lot of stuff until it's released.
    The Necromancer I love though. Such an awesome model, and plastic blisters, yes please!
    I just wonder why they're going plastic though, especially after finecast has been released (Would they really have had the info about the poor QA on Finecast when making these guys?). But who cares, plastic!!!
    I like the Chaos Undivided Sorcerer as well.

I dunno about the rumour of being able to mount guys on gribblys from other races. Savage Orc on Carnosaur while awesome, feels like it may just be in the same boat as all the previous expansions. Yeah, cool for a while until people stop playing Storm of Magic and then you can't use your awesome conversion anymore.

We'll see I guess! But certainly hyped to see the rules and models in the flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by 75hastings69 View Post
    LOL, yeah I never was much good at vague!!!
    Good.

Being vague is silly and annoying.

Your rumors on the other hand, along with those from others, are GREATLY appreciated.

Tuatha

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspite View Post
    The cockatrice is interesting, and I really like the top half of the model, but what's with all the sitting on tails? I never imagined cockatrice's get around by bouncing along on their tails with their feet in the air.
    Well it seems the concept is that this particular cockatrice is a serpent/superchicken hybrid, in which case it makes some sense for it to move on its tail, at least sometimes. That might ruin it for some people because it makes it a "non-classical" cockatrice, although in some Medieval accounts the cockatrice was born from an egg incubated by a snake, but layed by a hen, in which case it's quite consistent for it to have a serpentine rather than more traditionally dragon-like form--and dragons are often portrayed as rather serpentine anyway.

I think a cockatrice can basically be any combination of rooster and reptile (including, but not limited to, dragons), or even amphibian, so long as the head is a rooster's, or rooster-ish at least. The folklore varies a bit, beyond that.

Looks like I found a good replacement for a lich priest, that necromancer is sick.

How can I use thee in a game of 40K, let me count the ways:

Tall, Los blocking terrain pieces? Yep, going to have to grab both. That chaos whirlpool thing will make an awesome objective for my daemons in capture and control.

Vortex Grenade 6 pack? Yep, got to get, to finish the collection.

Supreme Sorceress? will fit right in as a Hekatrix for my Dark Eldar.

Chaos Sorcerer? Very nice looking model to use as a daemonic herald.

Tzeentch sorcerer? Same thing.

Well, there goes an expected $100 or $150 from my Games Day fund to preorder these when they come out.
    "As I've always said, Wes is wise." - Scryer in the Darkness
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

Goddamn!
    After seeing those sorcerer plastics my jaw nearly dropped to the floor!

They are all absolutely gorgeous! Brian Nelson is a God!

Looks like a damnsome fine release to me.

Great looking spellcasters and monsters alike. The Cockatrice in particular is very well done (even if it does look a little odd sitting on it's tail. I think I'd want to remove the legs if I were to get one).

As to the scenery: sure, it looks over-the-top. But isn't that kind of the point of this whole expansion?
    Quote Originally Posted by librerian_samae View Post
    Last night I attended a drugs awareness course as part of my community work, and I can finally say that yes where I live a STORMRAVEN is now MORE EXPENSIVE than the local going street price of CRACK COCAINE.
    When did GW release something? Was it plastic or metal? Who sculpted it? Come find out:Fantasy, 40K, LOTR, BFG, Blood Bowl, Epic, Inquisitor, Man O' War, Mordheim, Necromunda & Warmaster

Any info on pricing of the scenery kits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    A bit of soap gets you a long way in life.

Both for the Dragon and the Cockatrice, the tail-sitting has more to do with creating the illusion of flight while maintaining the miniatures reality of sitting on a surface. I'm sure all you realize this, and just are hoping for a better way to show it. It doesn't bother me at all, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDracoBob View Post
    Both for the Dragon and the Cockatrice, the tail-sitting has more to do with creating the illusion of flight while maintaining the miniatures reality of sitting on a surface. I'm sure all you realize this, and just are hoping for a better way to show it. It doesn't bother me at all, though.
    Oh I know they need to be fixed down, I just think the Cockatrice looks a bit odd like that (though less so front-on than from the side, where it looks more clearly like it's clawing at enemies with them rather than struggling to walk). But in that it's actually the feet bothering me rather than the tail, so I'd just work those out if I got one.
    Quote Originally Posted by librerian_samae View Post
    Last night I attended a drugs awareness course as part of my community work, and I can finally say that yes where I live a STORMRAVEN is now MORE EXPENSIVE than the local going street price of CRACK COCAINE.
    When did GW release something? Was it plastic or metal? Who sculpted it? Come find out:Fantasy, 40K, LOTR, BFG, Blood Bowl, Epic, Inquisitor, Man O' War, Mordheim, Necromunda & Warmaster

Those (surprisingly) plastic wizards are incredible. Though I am puzzled as to why they weren't designed for finecast. I'm not complaining, but I am puzzled.

Very odd, having Finecast and plastic characters at the same time. Perhaps Finecast will be reserved for existing models and new models will be done with plastic in mind? Or perhaps this is just a special SoM thing.
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only British.
    Actual (alleged) girl. Alpha Female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes Goodwin
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.

I hope I can replace the head on the chaos sorcerer, I like using my own heads.

Just speculation, but perhaps we are seeing just the tip of GW's ambitions with plastic. The new format (sprues in blisters) is a pretty significant change, and it might be possible that GW is using "Finecast" as a placeholder until it can fully ramp up enough plastic production to cover items formerly in blisters. Not so sure they can do this for named characters, however. Also this could be an attempt to see how feasible this is...

Damon.
    "Nicht kleckern, klotzen!"

A Mtlhd of Wrsr

My Minis Blog: minislikedust.blogspot.com
    My Book Blog: bookslikedust.blogspot.com
    News from the Front!: http://chaoscreations69.com/blog/

I think a lot of the old metal molds will stay Finecast but I think newer units and characters will be in plastic. The bow ushabti for instance most likely were originally designed to be metal so now they are Finecast. I'll bet we begin to see mainly plastic products from GW now though.

Quote Originally Posted by ooglatjama View Post
    I hope I can replace the head on the chaos sorcerer, I like using my own heads.
    It's made of plastic. You ever heard of a knife?

One further request to M'ichal: some solo pictures of the Chimera and the Chaos Lord on Manticore, pretty please?
    D - Darnoks Daemonic Dungeon ... my Plog of shiny randomness

LOL, I just noticed the secret stash of skulls the Cockatrice is hiding in the crook of his tail. These guys really just can't help themselves, can they.

Quote Originally Posted by Balerion View Post
    LOL, I just noticed the secret stash of skulls the Cockatrice is hiding in the crook of his tail. These guys really just can't help themselves, can they.
    I believe GW must have a motivational poster in every office and work area that reads: "Skulls: You always need more of them", with a photo of of a guy with skull pauldrons, wearing a skull helmet, and standing atop of a pile of skulls, wailing on some skull drums.

Ah but in truth I find their skull fetish almost endearing at this point. I think they may be intentionally cranking it up for humor purposes at least some of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluinn View Post
    Ah but in truth I find their skull fetish almost endearing at this point. I think they may be intentionally cranking it up for humor purposes at least some of the time.
    I recently crossed this line as well.

I wonder if they've tried to trademark the image of the human skull yet.

Page 36 of 143 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast