Page 51 of 143 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2851

Thread: Storm of Magic pt2

Re: Storm of Magic pt2

Quote Originally Posted by Tonny View Post
    It's 89euro for the Banebeast Manticore, double the price of GW Manticore. But the mini is a piece of art (banebeast Manticore).
    It's a nice sculpt, but it doesn't fare any better than the GW one when we consider the pose. Fetch the ball or squat for a crap, take your pick... The raging Heroes manticore on the other hand is perfect, whether you look at the sculpt itself or the pose. Worth the price, no doubt. I don't have it, but I own other RH minis, and I can vouch for the quality of their products, too. Beautiful casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldblood666 View Post
    I really don't understand all the negativity towards the Manticore. Opinions are opinions but it really seems like everyone hates it. I think this model is so awesome that if I didnt already play WoC I would start WoC just to use this model.

It looks mean, evil, feral, agile, and mad as hell. Not to mention the batlike/demonic wings are the best wings I've seen on ANY GW mini.
    Someone who actually likes the model? I'm shocked. Seriously, This venom spewing at the Manticore is getting excessive. It was okay at first, but now it's to where everyone is beating a dead horse now.

Quote Originally Posted by innerwolf View Post
    Agile? It looks shambling and retarded IMHO

You want a good, cheap, dinamic Manticore? Buy a IoB griffon (a lot of people buys the set but don't need them), change the head for a WL war lion one and convert the front legs into something less avian.
    He already thinks the one you deem retarded is good. What if people think your alternative that you think is dynamic is not good? Is something wrong with them for their preference in What looks good?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuatha Dar View Post
    The Cockatrice is nice.

Why anyone would buy this Manticore over the Raging Heroes version is completely beyond me. GW should NOT be rewarded for creating something like this with people buying it. Rather they should be "punished" by people leaving it on the shelves and buying competitor's models. Especially if the competitor in question is just some small company (like Raging Heroes) trying to make a go of it. Vote with your dollars people. Then maybe GW will get the message.

Tuatha
    Or they can think for themselves and buy something because they like the model? Seriously, that is a stupid idea for what is technically a boycott, not of an entire store or francise, but still You are advocating that people refuse to buy something as a form of protest. Your suggestion is based on a purely arbitrary opinion. If people like the thing they will buy it. That is their choice.

I have spoken my peace.
    Last edited by Hashulaman; 14-06-2011 at 20:38.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelofSorrow View Post
    Look snorri a troll!!!!
    100 games and you have a small list of bad things. Come on now. I've played around 100 games of 8th and I've had the best time I've ever had playing warhammer.

Let's be realistic though your screenname is bonertron and the location in your profile says you are from planet fellatio. I'm having a hard time taking anything you say at face value.

The Raging Heroes bit is just a combination of funny and sour with GW having recently prevented them from selling their Manticore with a Lamassu alternate head. I don't want us getting into that here (there's a thread in GW General that mentions it), but it's more than a bit eyebrow-raising when GW "reprimands" the creator of one of the best Manticore models out there and then releases a poor-to-mediocre Manticore a few months later.

The two really don't have much to do with each other, but the timing is unfortunate for GW - they inadvertantly bring Raging Heroes' Manticore into the lime light, then release a plastic one that's nowhere near as good.
    ...and a little help comes in a little glass vial in a gun pressed against her anatomy...

Things I'd love to do if I had limitless money: a new Salamanders army for 40K; a new Dark Elf army for Fantasy; an Emperor's Children force for HH *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Tonny View Post
    It's 89euro for the Banebeast Manticore, double the price of GW Manticore. But the mini is a piece of art (banebeast Manticore).
    You mean the Banebeast Chimera right? I cant find any manticores from them... That said, the Chimera is immense.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnok View Post
    I'd choose the Raging Heroes Manticore. It is a much better model (even though I like the GW version as well), and the price difference is okay for the huge leap forward in terms of quality.
    It's also surprisingly close to GW's art style.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK ( Land of sheep and cheap ale )

Am I in the modelling and painting forum.

3 pages of this is good that is bad this companies models are better but cost less what did so and so sculpt did I turn off the oven has Elvis been scene near New York have the Romans invaded Gaul.
    I sold my soul for plastic playthings and six sided sirens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashulaman View Post
    Someone who actually likes the model? I'm shocked. Seriously, This venom spewing at the Manticore is getting excessive. It was okay at first, but now it's to where everyone is beating a dead horse now.
    As I said originally, I'm not impressed by the manticore, but I don't think it's so bad it deserves even a tenth of all that hate. The chimera, on the other hand, I'm... holding judgement, let's say. I'm still trying to find what the "dragon head" reminds me of... I think it's a toy, or a character in a cartoon... but I've seen that head somewhere else before, I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by RanaldLoec View Post
    Am I in the modelling and painting forum.

3 pages of this is good that is bad this companies models are better but cost less what did so and so sculpt did I turn off the oven has Elvis been scene near New York have the Romans invaded Gaul.
    It will move on when we get pics of the other monsters (there should be at least a couple more to come if I understood things right). Then you'll have people compare those to other companies Luckily, Raging Heroes will be left out of all this ruckus unless there's an Ariel coming as another wizard release (they got a fairy queen thing that would make an awesome Ariel)
    Last edited by Urgat; 14-06-2011 at 20:55.

Quote Originally Posted by loveless View Post
    If I'm reading the prices right, the Raging Heroes Manticore is a bit more expensive than the GW one (but likely well worth the investment) if you're on the European side of the ocean. Stateside, the conversion puts the RH Manticore at a fair bit more than what the GW one is set to release at - meaning you might want to get neither if you don't want to mess with overseas hassle

No idea on the Banebeasts - can't access the sites at this terminal. Is it the same deal?
    If the GW Manticore is the same price as the Necrospynx kit (appears to be), then it's $2 cheaper than the RH one would be to get shipped to me (Canadian prices).

Banebeasts Chimera is quite a bit more obviously, but is a nicer model. GW Chimera I don't hate, so I'll have to give it a chance to see if it's worth it. Manticore at the same price? Not a chance in hell I get the GW one.

I would like to see the rules of a monster before I give judgement on whether to buy it or not. I have thought of buying the things out of spite though. The cockatrice is genuinly awesome though.

Is there any word on what armies get the Cockatrice?
    Look snorri a troll!!!!
    100 games and you have a small list of bad things. Come on now. I've played around 100 games of 8th and I've had the best time I've ever had playing warhammer.

Let's be realistic though your screenname is bonertron and the location in your profile says you are from planet fellatio. I'm having a hard time taking anything you say at face value.

I believe it's summoned by a spell. Otherwise, several armies have appropriate units it can fill in as.

Would make a great mangler squig in a forest goblin themed army, now that I think of it. I've given up on my hopes of it being a mount option :'(
    Last edited by Urgat; 14-06-2011 at 21:03.

All of them though probably except the dwarfs.

Quote Originally Posted by decker_cky View Post
    I believe it's summoned by a spell. Otherwise, several armies have appropriate units it can fill in as.
    Cockatrice counting as a griffon in pre-sundering naggarothi army (HE rules, obviously)? Or chrace. Those Annulii mountains hold the wierdest creatures.

Maybe bit far-fetched, but still...
    -"Zeal and fury are rewarded with victory!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lijacote View Post
    I find your arguments compelling and your literate expression so enticing that I must ask myself to be added to the list of subscribers entitled to receive scheduled packets of gold in the form of your argumentative genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takitron View Post
    They know how they want you to play the game, they just cant be arsed to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Urgat View Post
    Would make a great mangler squig in a forest goblin themed army, now that I think of it. I've given up on my hopes of it being a mount option :'(

Any idea if the cockatrice or Chimera can be taken as mounts without being summoned?
    Look snorri a troll!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Cockatrice counting as a griffon in pre-sundering naggarothi army (HE rules, obviously)? Or chrace. Those Annulii mountains hold the wierdest creatures.

Maybe bit far-fetched, but still...
    -Jabberslythe
    -Any S5 T5 flying monster is probably appropriate
    -Daemon Prince
    -Lord of Change
    -Vargulf

Sure, those kind of work too. I was thinking only about my own army and how to fit it in there...
    -"Zeal and fury are rewarded with victory!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lijacote View Post
    I find your arguments compelling and your literate expression so enticing that I must ask myself to be added to the list of subscribers entitled to receive scheduled packets of gold in the form of your argumentative genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takitron View Post
    They know how they want you to play the game, they just cant be arsed to tell you.

If the GW Manticore is the same price as the Necrospynx kit (appears to be), then it's $2 cheaper than the RH one would be to get shipped to me (Canadian prices).

Wow, Canadian prices are nutty.

GW Manticore is supposed to $49.50 US
    RH Manticore works out to $64.99 US at current conversion rates (44.95 EUR)
    ...and a little help comes in a little glass vial in a gun pressed against her anatomy...

Things I'd love to do if I had limitless money: a new Salamanders army for 40K; a new Dark Elf army for Fantasy; an Emperor's Children force for HH *sigh*

-jabberslythe
    -any s5 t5 flying monster is probably appropriate
    -daemon prince
    -lord of change
    -vargulf
    oh. What a great idea. You are my favourite warseerite of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by loveless View Post
    Wow, Canadian prices are nutty.

GW Manticore is supposed to $49.50 US
    RH Manticore works out to $64.99 US at current conversion rates (44.95 EUR)
    Used Necrospynx pricing ($59.50 CDN) with 12% tax, compared to RH Manticore (44.95 EUR) and shipping (4.90 EUR). Works out to be pretty much the same for comparing what it costs to get the model into my hands.

GW US prices get some of the better exchange rates compared to UK prices. Canada has always had a premium (though not as bad as southern hemisphere gets).

oh. What a great idea. You are my favourite warseerite of the day.
    Not that I don't like praise, but it's an idea several other members have talked about earlier in this thread. :P

So....how about those cool Arcane Fulcrim terrain pieces?

The thing is, it's not even as good as the current Manticore; head is definitely better I'll grant, and the Dark Elf beastmaster always looked a bit silly, but the pose on the new one is just… weird.
    It'd probably look fine if re-posed, with something scenic on the base so it can get a better leaping look going, with some of the fuzzy fur/mane smoothed out to look less silly and avoid so obviously highlighting the fact that it has pubic hair, and so-on. Which begs the question of why didn't they use CAD to re-pose it from its weird side-on leap and tidy it up?

There are good bits, but the pose and wild fur really spoil it, which is a shame.

Page 51 of 143 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast