Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dark eldar voidraven bomber release

dark eldar voidraven bomber release

hey guys
    noob here
    just wondering if anybody new anything about the voidraven bomber release date and\or duke sliscus
    already love razor wing jet
    thanks

Re: dark eldar voidraven bomber release

All we've heard in the rumors that have come out is the bomber had a structural issue that has been resolved, but no idea when it will come out. Duke has been rumored to be one of the SC's who will never get a model.

Quote Originally Posted by slirgy View Post
    hey guys
    noob here
    just wondering if anybody new anything about the voidraven bomber release date and\or duke sliscus
    already love razor wing jet
    thanks
    Look, I know you've only just joined, but please don't post an identical question thread in a different forum as it would get locked in N&R. Let's think about the very purpose of the aforementioned forum.

Why on earth would people withhold info? If there is a thread on it, this is what is known. If there is no thread on the topic, nothing is known. People will tell us the news when they get it. There is no point in a N&R forum that is full of questions and answers consisting of "I know something you don't know!"

The search function is incredibly useful if you don't wish to trudge through a thread as we appreciate that not all of the thread's OP's are edited as regularly as they can be.

Thankyou.
    Last edited by Grimtuff; 05-06-2011 at 17:44.
    *"The objective of the game is to win. The point of the game is to have fun. The two should never be confused."
    Visit my Project Log. (last updated 08/08/2011)
    My current eBay auctions. Bugger All.
    <o>\o/ Yes! <o>\o/ Yes! <o>\o/ Yes!

i couldnt find anything with search

and got told to askit here from the other forum

welcome to warseer. ithink you actually got off light.

its like prison- keep your head down, dont look anyone in the eye and hid a knife in your toilet.
    NEVER forget, 20 Cadians used to cost 12.

And if you are lucky enough, then Grimtuff wont take your cornbread at chow.

To the OP though, I really wish that they would release one. Or better yet will the razorwing have the spare parts to make it into the voidraven?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehobbit View Post
    Awwwwww. Those old jetbikes were so cute. It looks like he's riding on a wee little choo choo train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    After their last codex tyranids can barely "num num" cake and ice cream let alone space marines...
    Looking for an old metal exterminator cannon for a russ, PM me if willing to sell or trade

In defense of the OP, he was referred to this forum. As a long time member, I too am finding information increasingly hard to locate on Warseer. The overzealous thread lording that goes on in the rumors section results in 1,000+ post threads where one has to search through in their entirety to find relevant info.

Sure, you can use the search function, but that can be hit or miss. It's gotten kinda silly really. Why should you have to search for news?

Better question is why people felt the need to **** in his cheerios after he was given the answer in the first reply, twice! Spread out over multiple days, meaning they had to go out of their way to find this post on page 3+ to do it.

/clap

When I found it, it was on page 1. And I dont think I have done nothing to the guys cheerios. I kinda thought I had added to the topic some. Sorry if I did and didnt mean to make anyone mad.

And on topic, what is the big difference between the voidraven and the razorwing besides payload? Is it like the difference between the Valkryie and Vendetta? Or is just a whole different size and shape?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehobbit View Post
    Awwwwww. Those old jetbikes were so cute. It looks like he's riding on a wee little choo choo train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    After their last codex tyranids can barely "num num" cake and ice cream let alone space marines...
    Looking for an old metal exterminator cannon for a russ, PM me if willing to sell or trade

Well fluff wise, the void raven has a bombadier's bubble in the nose. Which to me would make it look awful! I think I might just get the razorwing and convert it a bit to use as the bomber. I'm getting sick of constantly having to fix my phoenix bomber's wing back on! (stupid snapping resin!)
    Got my own little Sister of Battle!

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gabranth View Post
    And on topic, what is the big difference between the voidraven and the razorwing besides payload? Is it like the difference between the Valkryie and Vendetta? Or is just a whole different size and shape?
    Mainly that the gunner and pilot have different compartments. Gunner is at the front in his own pod, pilot further back. Fluff wise, the blurb says they look similar, except the VR is designed to emit as little sound as possible, where as the Jetfighter is designed to make as much as possible!

Banned

To the primary point.

It would be concievably easy to modify a Razorwing with spare Raider and Jetbike parts to make it a Voidraven Bomber. If Games Workshop ever releases a model for it is anyone's guess. I mean, the attention they've paid to the Dark Eldar gives me hope for things to come but you have to remember the cardinal rule when it comes to GW and the models they produce. No one can have more, or cooler stuff than the Space Marines, EVER!

Banned

To the secondary point.

Why are we policing this so zealously. This is a discussion board about a game. Games are supposed to be fun. So lets not make it unfun OK.

Does this thread belong in the News and Rumors section? Yes

Is it necessary to chastise someone for making that mistake? No

Do we need to keep arguing about this over and over again, as I have seen on a dozen different threads so far? Absolutley not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghorhammer View Post
    No one can have...cooler stuff than the Space Marines, EVER!
    Razorwing. Stormraven. That rule has been broken!

Do we need to keep arguing about this over and over again...
    The only meaningful way to object to the continuation of an argument is to stop arguing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTom View Post
    this is probably the first time in the forum someone had to give a definition for "a". Congratulations.

Chapter Master

Does this thread belong in the News and Rumors section? Yes
    No.

It was originally posted IN the news and rumours thread and it was locked, as the only new threads that are allowed to be started there are by people who have news and rumours. Asking a question in a new thread in that forum is strictly not allowed, as it clutters it up with crap.

That, and there was a huge thread detailing what's up with all the currently known DE releases (of which the VR is one of them), which was actually moved to this very forum not too long ago.

Personally I'm more than happy with the strong policing of this stuff on Warseer.

OP posted in the wrong forum as he didn't read the stickies (yes, they are there to be read), and then posted the same question in a different forum which already contained a thread with the answer.

Banned

You missed my point.

I'm not saying the forums don't need to be policed.

I'm saying he didn't need to be chastized like he was.

I correct my Joes all the time for mistakes that they make out of ignorance (people don't read the rules in the Army either), but I do it without making them feel stupid or belittled.

To the primary point.

It would be concievably easy to modify a Razorwing with spare Raider and Jetbike parts to make it a Voidraven Bomber. If Games Workshop ever releases a model for it is anyone's guess. I mean, the attention they've paid to the Dark Eldar gives me hope for things to come but you have to remember the cardinal rule when it comes to GW and the models they produce. No one can have more, or cooler stuff than the Space Marines, EVER!
    If that is true, then I am REALLY looking forward to the next vanilla marines codex release! I mean, just look at the Dark Eldar, they kick backside, frontside, and every other side known to man or xenos.
    Quote Originally Posted by IJW View Post
    "Right, Azzagoth the Clunky, you've shot half my squad. Again. Go stand in the naughty corner until you've calmed down!"
    Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

Banned

This is the very fact that gives me great hope for the future.

The fact that the Dark Eldar have such a powerful arsenal at their disposal, not to mention their own unique flavor and a new line of pretty awesome looking models (with the exception of the grotesque, there just isn't much variability in the model), makes me think that perhaps GW will now after decades of hopeless neglect, pay the other armies the attention they are due.

With Necrons rumored to crawl haggard and reborn from the grave they've been in since 3rd edition, perhaps we'll see them once again become an even contender in the autumn.

Of course the release of Grey Knights codex has just grant them nigh godlike power across the board (Strength 7, AP3, Rending Psi Cannons,.....was that really necessary?), and Grey Knights are just another brand of Space Marines, who knows. But at least they do finally have to pay dearly for their overpowered weapons.

i like the grotesque model but they should've put it in packs of 3,oh and if i have a conversion where should i post it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast