Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kisanis's Blog-o-matic

Kisanis's Blog-o-matic

Good Day all!

Due to my FAR too many things going on, I'm finding the motivation to paint is quite small. Long story short is I work lots, but am quitting and going back to school in September, Time to play and paint has been steadily dwindling over the last few years as life gets more real, and less... teenager-esque. To keep myself motivated I've finally decided to start a Plog of my progress and on the go projects.

What you will find here:

FANTASY! - Skaven, Orcs & Goblins, High Elves, Bretonnians, and perhaps other random things.

40k! - Orks, Imperial Guard, and Perhaps Sisters of Battle/Random other 40k painting that perks my interest (conversions, and random models... a la my celestine, etc...)

Terrain - I have some half started, and must finish it and make more!

Historical - Just recently got into 28mm historical (RoE is the rules I'm playing with) and am going to post progress of my Canadian Infantry on Here.

So without further Adieu; I bring you my current state of affairs!

Workstation! (Apologies to my roommate, I take up space...)

So thats it for now. I'll try and keep this updated once a week minimum. Seeing as I went and bought a new Camera for just such this reason... I have to do it now! Encouragement/criticism is always welcome. Even if I don't have new painted stuff to add in, I'll upload other random stuff related to it (older painted models, project ideas, etc...)
    Last edited by Kisanis; 06-08-2015 at 12:17.
    I have too many project armies to list...
    Check out my Painting Blog! Comments/Criticism welcome! Historicals, 40k, Fantasy and more! - 2016 Model Count: 68 Bought/10 Painted
    Tabletop Showcase A forum dedicated to wargaming project logs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
    In other words as a rock player I find that changes to scissors are fair, balanced and reasonable but that paper has been made too strong in this edition and should be nerfed.

Re: Kisanis's Blog-o-matic

This is the current state of affairs of Skaven (this is due to the pic limit per post, or else it would have been all at once!)

Skaven Clanrat with Hand weapon; sample of the larger army. I'll post group shots later on. My goal is to get this up to 2000pts currently less than 500pts painted

Le box of clanrats!

Doomwheel bits!

Weapon team!

Spearmen standard bearer!

Still not sure what to do with their bases. I normally go brown, but there's already a lot of that here... from yea know... fur. Ideas welcome!
    Check out my Painting Blog! Comments/Criticism welcome! Historicals, 40k, Fantasy and more! - 2016 Model Count: 68 Bought/10 Painted
    In other words as a rock player I find that changes to scissors are fair, balanced and reasonable but that paper has been made too strong in this edition and should be nerfed.

Orks! This is the first Boy I painted (ok ok its a Nob)

Some other boyz in various states of completion

I definitely learned from my first batch of boyz that heads go on last. They just get in the way of EVERYTHING!@!@#

Box of orks to be painted!

Trukk!
    Last edited by Kisanis; 15-06-2011 at 04:42. Reason: Caption missing

This is a conversion I'm working on (which I'm sure has been done before, but I still love the idea) I'm using Armoured Black orcs from fantasy to make Nobz in 'Eavy armour. This one is armed with a shoota/skorcha Or big shoota. Whichever the pts require. I figure its wysiwyg enough for both

Weirdboy who desperately needs to be figured out!

welcome to the family of random collector nice work on those clan rats a good start i my eyes

how long have you been collecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel36 View Post
    I don't think licking the black undercoat and dark greens will help though...
    That tip I gave you about not licking black undercoat... also kind of applies to superglue!
    My Log Comments Welcome

stormravens747 xbox live

Thanks bluewolf!

I started with 5th edition fantasy back in 1999 and still have my first painted models (bret knights) from then.

I love the hobby, but often far too much of it. I wanted to start a plog where I could upload whatever I happened to be working on.

I may even upload the occasional picture of my 1973 mgb gt for those moments where I don't get painting done, but instead do something on that

I look forward to posting in here, and being part of the community more!

Nice start Kisanis.

Loving the Black Orc conversion (or should I say konvershun)

One thing I would point out (although you may be aware already) is to drill out the gun barrels on your orks - they really look a lot better.

And I feel your pain on the Wierdboy - he is a nightmare to assemble... I ended up having to build up some of the base just to get him sitting right, and GSing the wheel thing he stands on...

Thanks!

Yea, I *should* drill the barrel out, but I'm a little lazy on that front. I sadly have a habit of collecting armies that require large quantities of infantry, and now my focus is to just get large numbers painted up to a level I am content with.

That said, I may do it with the nobz or sumfink.

The black orc conversion works surprisingly well, and the next one will work out ok, but I need to GS some arm joints to help make them look considerably less awkward. As for the Weirdboy.. I just sit at him and think to myself ******, why didn't I buy a mechboy...

Thanks for the encouragement!

If you're interested, my old log is here... I think the Wierdboy is on about page 15 ish... (maybe)

So a sort of quasi Update. I plan on doing some work later tonight. either ork boyz or historical, and may get more done tomorrow with a friend.

SOUNDTRACK: Brand New - Your Favourite Weapon, The Devil and God are Raging inside me, Deja Entendu (3 Great discs)

But I thought I put up some pics of my Imperial guard and their various states.

First up is my Chimera. This is one of my older vehicles and was repainted about 3 years ago. I decided to scrap camo and just go for a monochrome olive drab look with some stencil style markings. Ultimately most of my Imperial Guard (like most of my armies) will be painted to a 'Good & Playable' level. While I want to paint well, I paint to play really. I'm not entering competitions, nor am I doing dioramas etc... I just want a solid looking group of armies on the table to go up against my opponents.

Comments and Criticism welcome. I realize a lot of these vehicles could stand to have more done, but

Chimera!

@Crube. Thanks for the link, I'll definetly try some lazified (cause lets face it, I know myself ) versions of what you've done. But its some great inspiration on there!

Some guardsmen shots now,
    just to show where I came from (some of my oldest guardsmen)
    And where I'm going.

This guy is from my first batch of Guardsmen from when I was around 15 years old (And everyone played catachans... cause they were plastic )

Tallarn (I have about another 65 of these buggers to paint up... so please, I need a cheer section to paint them... seeing as they seldom live through games!)

Steel Legion; I've picked up a few of these back when they came out. I just love the models - GW do a plastic kit!

So legit update time. Got some stuff done this weekend, though not as much as I was hoping.

Post Soundtrack: Random mixes c/o Dj Kevin Gorski/Boathouse music
    Painting Movie: Die hard/Commando

Got a few more orks nearly done. My first 10 model batch is nearly done. Gotta finish up the 2nd nob, and a few detail bits.

Still not sure what to do for bases. Thinking the classic sand/static grass combo. The ballast I have is on the IG models above, its my other option.

Nob needing arms. (I got halfway done the arms, and realized I was painting two right arms... )

New Boy, just needing some last minute details/touch ups

Two more, just because

Also; I primed the blorc nob. I like how his gun turned out now that its all one colour; I like where he's going.

I also got my first two Canadians primed from the BA set. I'll upload them once I get on with the painting more.

text update;

I started painting my canadians... my field drab for their uniform doesn't like to go on in one coat... think bubonic brown on a black undercoat...

I *really* hate white primer, but I may have to stick it out.

I mean, I prime everything black then play a yellow/red Speed Freeks army.... -___-

btw: 200 Views! Sweet deal!
    Last edited by Kisanis; 21-06-2011 at 04:34. Reason: news!

Some good painting going on here, especially the orks and skaven!
    "Alea Iacta Est"
    Seutonius

Thanks JT! I've checked out yours and that means a lot!

If anyone has any links for basing recommendations for the skaven, plz help me out. I'm totally stuck as to what colour to paint the bases, and what combos of material would work well with them.

I can't beleive the views I've gotten either! Great support here all around, exactly what I needed!

brown water effects might work on them as they mostly live under ground
    That tip I gave you about not licking black undercoat... also kind of applies to superglue!
    My Log Comments Welcome

stormravens747 xbox live

Update time!

Finally finished one of my BA Canadians.
    Squad/Rank markings will follow once I decide what to do in better detail.

C&C Welcome!

@bluewolf; Do you have a link I can check out with a pic of what you're talking about? I'm interested in it, as its something different from what i normally do.

i don't have a link i just had an idea of mixing a brown ink in with the water effect haven't seen it done and have no idea if it will work but it might
    My Log Comments Welcome

stormravens747 xbox live

*Sneak*Sneak*Sneak*

HUZZAH!

I am still alive! (today, barely. I'm sick!)

Lots-o-life changes occured since my last post!
    So a quick update to whats been happening.

New Girlfriend (always in the way of warhammer )
    Quit my job and went back to school!
    Realized how poor it feels to be a student again
    Been working on other hobbies!

What sucked up most of my free time in the last two months was my other hobbies.

So I'll just give a quick post outlining that.

The good news is though, that i should have some post worth stuff over the coming weeks. Painting=good procrastination from school

Yep, working on cars. This patch job has been the bane of my life for nearly all of september and the second half of august.

This little blue gem is my actual hobby car. Its very close to being done. I can find an old photo of how it used to look when I bought it if anyones interested.

As you can see this is a sizable issue I had (and I patched earlier that day already)

All patched up.

I still had that outer panel patch to do. Fibreglassed the whole thing inside the trunk and in the wheel arch. rebuilt part of the wheel arch. Bondoed it over, primed, sanded, painted.

I still have to spray an underbody rubber over the fibreglass, but its mostly done now. As you can guess, this was a huge time sapper.

I have gotten some Painting done (mostly My Canadians for RoE) but its not postworthy yet. I shall get more done.
    Last edited by Kisanis; 06-10-2011 at 02:03. Reason: wasn't finished posting.

UPDATE TIME!

After some school and work (new P/T job... bought more minis...)
    I finally got some more done!

I finished my first Sergeant for RoE canadians! While I'm happy with his overall outcome I buggered up my final drybrush.
    He looks ok enough at a distances that its not getting a repaint.

I got some decent progress on my other models as well:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast