Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Kisanis's Blog-o-matic

Re: Kisanis's Blog-o-matic

Those look neat! What game system will they be used for?
    "Alea Iacta Est"
    Seutonius

I got playing Rules of Engagement with some friends. It plays like a more tactical and infantry centric 2nd edition 40k.

I find it to be a lot of fun, and furthermore its pretty cheap. 2 boxes of infantry and 1-2 vehicles provides a solid force in the game.

More updates.

I bought some used terrain (both plastic kits, and homemade) as well as a bunch of supplies (flock, etc... GW`s terrain book)

Now that I have a nice table, and nice terrain, I (and my friends) have to get this painting done with!
    Last edited by Kisanis; 05-12-2011 at 15:26. Reason: update
    I have too many project armies to list...
    Check out my Painting Blog! Comments/Criticism welcome! Historicals, 40k, Fantasy and more! - 2016 Model Count: 68 Bought/10 Painted
    Tabletop Showcase A forum dedicated to wargaming project logs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
    In other words as a rock player I find that changes to scissors are fair, balanced and reasonable but that paper has been made too strong in this edition and should be nerfed.

That's a fair amount of terrain. Looking good!
    "Alea Iacta Est"
    Seutonius

Thanks JT!

I got that (plus the other stuff) for the low low cost of 80$ CAD (on par with US)

i was pretty happy with that outcome

School is kicking my butt right now but im gonna try and get some more RoE models done over the next week. I'm painfully close to a full force (1 week of solid painting... or 2 hours a night).

Oh well!
    Check out my Painting Blog! Comments/Criticism welcome! Historicals, 40k, Fantasy and more! - 2016 Model Count: 68 Bought/10 Painted
    In other words as a rock player I find that changes to scissors are fair, balanced and reasonable but that paper has been made too strong in this edition and should be nerfed.

Oh that's nice. Now I am wondering where those trees are from. They would be absolutely perfect for a wasteland-type skirmish game.
    The Tabletop Showcase - A new forum dedicated solely to Project Logs and Showcases - Join us now!

The Daniel36 Chronicles - My Project Log
    My Warseer Heroes : JuicyTomatoes - Emperor Norton - Harry - Lord Dan - Ramius4 - Naitsabes - Little Joe - Boreas_NL
    (in no particular order)

They do have that bare, burnt look. Very atmospheric.
    "Alea Iacta Est"
    Seutonius

Hey JT,

They're just 'Woodland Scenics' Pine trees without the flock on them yet.

I'm debating whether I should flock them or just keep em as is. I already have 2 forests with trees, but I think at least one burnt out one would be useful too.

School and work (And GF) are back on the table for the week so no painting yet. But I met a friend of a friend who lives literally around the corner and plays so there's an upside.

I'll keep everyone posted! Thanks for the support!

I'm still alive!

Whats more, Is I've painted!

My finished batch of Canadians

I've also purchased some Skaven (old 4th edition pewter!)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0519.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	136358

Name:	SAM_0521.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	136359

And I've gotten back into painting them as well!

Name:	SAM_0529.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	136360

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0537.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	136357  
    Last edited by Kisanis; 27-03-2012 at 02:42. Reason: Pic Error

Update on the Skaven...

Comments and Criticism welcome!

Also, the attached thumbnail has no reason to exist... it just... wouldn't delete itself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0541.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	137937  

What scale are those WW2 chaps? And what size base are they standing on?

R.

28mm (true) So essentially the same as 40k, and really the same sized bases (albeit thinner)

Those are the british/Commonwealth models by Warlord minis (Some former GW guys there)

I got started on the game cause its the same as warhammer for terrain purposes.

The brits look great. Would really like to play with or against them!
    Chronichles of Averland (my armyblog) - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297976

Awsome paintingplog by "Lord Dan" A must see - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294118

Thanks Havok.

If you're looking for 28mm historicals the plastic range warlord has is fantastic, lots of ex-GW guys there.

If you're looking for vehicles, a small canadian company by the name of diewaffenkammer is what I've been told is great!

nice start on the skaven
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel36 View Post
    I don't think licking the black undercoat and dark greens will help though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel36 View Post
    That tip I gave you about not licking black undercoat... also kind of applies to superglue!
    My Log Comments Welcome

stormravens747 xbox live

Update time!

I''ve moved into a new apartment (basement = hobby cave )

so I have finished a few more skaven as well!

I'm still going!

I have been busy painting, but haven't found the time to do an update.

Name:	SAM_0627.jpg 
Size:	248.3 KB 
ID:	155557Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0628.jpg 
Size:	224.0 KB 
ID:	155558Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0629.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	155559Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0630.jpg 
Size:	207.1 KB 
ID:	155560Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0631.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	226.7 KB 
ID:	155561Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0632.jpg 
Size:	223.8 KB 
ID:	155562Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0633.jpg 
Size:	239.4 KB 
ID:	155563Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0634.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	242.2 KB 
ID:	155564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0635.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	205.9 KB 
ID:	155565Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0636.jpg 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	155566

I've started back up on orks, with some burna boyz in progress.

I've also started re-planning all my 'to paint' listings. Less haphazard more 'light at the end of the tunnel'
    I'm hoping to have a lot more painted and playable by xmas.

My Canadians are on hold until I start playing more RoE. I love it, but i'm not playing many games lately

I've been kind of between jobs lately which has given more time for painting and less time for buying minis. (I have part time work, but ESL is all contract work for full-time).
    The upshot of which is I have had some time to sit down and paint. i have those previously finished skaven, and the following is my burna boyz that I've brought into my speed freeks. My current plan is to roll them around in a battlewagon then unleash wonderful burny hell, they went toe to toe against dante and sanguinary guard... and did quite while! so I know they can own some normal marines/normal infantry.

As always comments/criticism welcome.

So updates may have been lacking but gaming has not. Been playing close to every other week which has been nice. I also was doing some major painting (Pics to follow once i upload them, hopefully tomorrow). Burnas are mostly done just have the meks to do. I also did a great big thing and came up with a quasi-inventory of my collection and a master sheet 'to-do' list. Sufficed to say i have deterred my buying desires with that task.

Orks and Skaven are my big priorities for painting (Got playing some Guard however, which was a nice change up). I wanna get these two armies finished (A fully painted WYSIWYG 2k list each) before i get into any other projects.

I'm also currently downsizing and moving in with my girlfriend. Lots of love, but dang I have a need for storage! The upside is its making throw out a lot of 'that could make cool <enter whatever hair brained idea i had>' junk and focus on my minis. Lots of side projects to move ahead, terrain, movement trays, and mini painting to work on.

Here's hoping! Wish me luck and motivate me warseer, you're my only hope!

The long awaited pictures!

Name:	SAM_0719.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	168982Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0720.jpg 
Size:	240.6 KB 
ID:	168983Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0721.jpg 
Size:	270.0 KB 
ID:	168984Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0722.jpg 
Size:	224.1 KB 
ID:	168985Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0723.jpg 
Size:	240.0 KB 
ID:	168986Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0747.jpg 
Size:	306.1 KB 
ID:	168987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0748.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	406.0 KB 
ID:	168988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0749.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	384.0 KB 
ID:	168989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0750.jpg 
Size:	342.8 KB 
ID:	168990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0751.jpg 
Size:	332.9 KB 
ID:	168991

As always, C&C welcome.

I'm currently working on the bikes trying to clean out my bits so i have more models and less plastic... its an uphill battle to say the least.

I have a few battle pics too from my recent games, but I'm poor at Batreps, luckily my friend usually does them via email for our friends not in town:

2000 points, Dark Angels versus Chaos and Imperial Guard

Armies summary
    Chaos: Nurgle Lord, two squads of CSM mounted in Rhinos, Heldrake with Baleflamer, Vindicator, Maulerfiend
    Imperial Guard: Command Platoon with Master of Ordinance, Infantry platoon with two squads of 3 autocannons, two squads of veterans with demo charges (one in Chimera), Vendetta, Stormtroopers with helguns and meltaguns, Leman Russ with Battlecannon and Lascannon.
    Dark Angels: 4 10 man tactical squads, two with Missile launchers, one with lascannon, one with plasma cannon. Three rhinos and a razorback. 2 squads of scouts, one with sniper rifles. 2 squads of ten assault marines. Devastator squad with four missile launchers with flakk (AA) missiles. A whirlwind and a tri-las predator. Dreadnought with twin-linked lascannon and missile launcher. Two landspeeders. His HQ was a chaplain.

Mission: The Relic (capture the flag!). First turn night fight.

Summary: Kisanis (IG) and Chaos won this one, with the Chaos Lord's unit holding the objective while bunkering down in the ruined building, trying to survive the ridiculous amount of firepower the DA were laying down. Thanks to pie plates and the Heldrake's baleflamer, we neutralized both squads of assault marines by turn two, crippling Dark Angel's ability to counter-assault the objective. Turns two and three for Dark Angels ended up mostly just shooting at the Heldrake, eventually bringing it down. The vindicator got a surprising amount of shots out considering the amount of firepower aimed its way. DA did manage to assault Kisanis' command position, though, taking out all but his commander in a round of bolt gun fire. Of course, that made that tac squad enemy number one for the battle cannon right beside them. I don't remember what took out the predator, but the maulerfiend ate the razorback and the dreadnought before a lucky krak grenade in assault took its last hull point in assault (I3 kind of kills it against non-vehicles).

By the end, chaos had about half a squad of marines bunkering down with the Chaos Lord and a single meltagun marine running off the table edge. Kisanis had parts of his infantry platoon, one of his veterans squads, his commander, and all of his vehicles at full hull points (somehow!). DA had two damaged speeders (one immobilized), the whirlwind, his devastators, his lascannon tac squad, his plasmacannon tac squad, one of his missile launcher tac squads, his HQ and a few scattered tac squads left. We were rather lucky to roll the end of game as soon as we did, at the end of turn five.

MVPs: The Heldrake took out a squad of assault marines, damaged the speeders, strafed a few marines, and was a huge fire magnet until it finally died. The Maulerfiend did more damage for its points (185 points for 125, by my count, while the Heldrake did roughly 200 for 170, depending on how much you count a hull point on a speeder), but the Heldrake took all the fire for the team. For Kisanis, the Leman Russ probably did the most damage. For Chaos, I would probably say either the speeders or the whirlwind.

Editors note: I have more should anyone be interested. We're all somewhat poor and this was the 'latest' batrep I have. There are others in my inbox. Also, I think that was the first game EVER my Leman Russ survived.... in about 10 years...

Lots of painting this week, lots of working on cars too. Although I get the feeling plastic soldiers are demanded more for looking at here than my cars... I like to think it really puts the Random, in random project logs
    Last edited by Kisanis; 17-04-2013 at 02:21.

Just a small Update.
    Main bikes are almost done. Just working on the riders now (and figuring their arms out)

Name:	SAM_0783.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	262.1 KB 
ID:	170104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0784.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	263.5 KB 
ID:	170105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0785.jpg 
Size:	286.2 KB 
ID:	170106

I also got some new goodies! (For 26$ a box plus shipping!)

Name:	SAM_0786.jpg 
Size:	403.6 KB 
ID:	170107
    I figured German paratroopers would make excellent opponents for my canadians!

I also introduce you to the basis for my SpeedFreek battlewagon. A bit of paint, a few rokkit launchas, and a bunch of plasticard should work, right?

Name:	SAM_0787.jpg 
Size:	339.2 KB 
ID:	170108Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0788.jpg 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	170109
    Last edited by Kisanis; 04-05-2013 at 04:11.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast