Thread: REDEATH's Kabal of the RED DEATH log

REDEATH's Kabal of the RED DEATH log

***UPDATED 1/01/2018*** Found ALL my old pics and added them to the Google Pics album and updated (Added Back) the Photos from this Project and my Death Guard and Khorne Daemonkin logs

Here is the NEW link to my complete Kabal of the RED DEATH Plog Pictures Album in Google Photos 85 Pictures and counting...
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/bhz6Cd1OoSHxADGn1

This is the first post for my log. My current list uses both the duke and the baron in it. The first pics I will post this weekend are of my baron conversion...so far he is coming out great as I have just finished the heavy converting but I now have to assemble him (magnetize torso to legs and legs to skyboard then attach his arms) I think most will not be disappointed.

After the Baron I will work on my magnetized Talos, then the Duke, venoms, raiders, ravagers, Truborn, Hellions and Beastmster with razorwing flocks, Bloodbrides, and lastly Warriors.

I have already started magnetising my set of Scourges just to see if I could do it....I will post some pics of that this weekend too with my Baron pics
    Last edited by REDEATH; 02-01-2018 at 05:19.

Re: REDEATH's Kabal of the RED DEATH log

As Promised some pics...will try to get Baron pic up tomorrow but here is some of my old DE stuff from around 18 years (or more) ago and some pics of magnetized scourge...Waist torso, and neck torso magnets

Archon on Hellion Skyboard with an Agoniser (or that gauntlet that everyone thought was a Agoniser from the first Dark Eldar Codex) and Splinter Pistol

Haemonculus on Hellion Skyboard with Scissor hands and Stinger Pistol

Haemonculus on Hellion Skyboard with Scissor hands and Liquifier gun

My custom Scourges

Converted Vect to be Archon on foot with Punisher

Beastmaster

Warp Beasts

Lilith
    Last edited by REDEATH; 02-01-2018 at 01:50. Reason: more detail

oppps got interupted in my posting...first two of magnetized Scourge and here are the rest in the series...torso, right arm torso magnet, left arm torso magnet, dark lance arm magnet, and the head also magnetized...

Last edited by REDEATH; 02-01-2018 at 04:58. Reason: detail

My WH40K Man cave in the basement.....and my boxes of NEW dark eldar waiting to be assembled and painted

Last edited by REDEATH; 02-01-2018 at 05:07.

ok now what you have been waiting for some NEW STUFF.....here is the WIP BARON conversion

Last edited by REDEATH; 02-01-2018 at 05:11.

Preview of my Talos starting, and magnets for Warriors and Truborn placement

Last edited by REDEATH; 02-01-2018 at 05:14.

Commander

Why are you magnetizing the models to such a degree? Personally I find the units really only work with 1 or 2 options and aren't worth magnetizing.

The only thing I magentized really are the reaver lance/blaster as I still use one or the other 50% of the time.

I could understand scourge arms too I suppose, but I haven't found a place for them in my lists yet.

Just seems like a lot of effort for things that are always going to have the same gear regardless?

Brother Sergeant

that looks like a lot of work with all those magnets, could you please tell me which size the magnets have you used for the Scourges? And also how you got them in there, because I intend to do the same with my Scourges, as I would like to play 2x Haywire Blasters, but 4x Splinter Cannons would be better for my army

It was really a test to see how far I could go with Magnets also in the case of scourges I do only intend to do arms only except the Solarite since I am also considering selling complete kits magnetized to help fund my own purchases and since the Solarite has 2 heads I magnetized em and the waist was just for cool posability.

Same with Wytches and Warrior squads I am only doing arms on 3 models for wytches for blood bride options and 2 models for warriors and then the Hekatrix / Syren and Sybarite ill have the more fluffy options....and again looking into the option of selling sets like that to fund my hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by luks13 View Post
    that looks like a lot of work with all those magnets, could you please tell me which size the magnets have you used for the Scourges? And also how you got them in there, because I intend to do the same with my Scourges, as I would like to play 2x Haywire Blasters, but 4x Splinter Cannons would be better for my army
    I'm headed off to the inlaws for fathers day stuff but when i get back home tonight i'll see what size magnets and give you all the details of how I do it.

Brother Sergeant

thanks, I'll appreciate it, can't wait to get started on my own Scourges

Quote Originally Posted by luks13 View Post
    Ok first of all I only use N48, N50 and N52 strength Neodymium Magnets because especially with the very small ones I use. The more common N32 ones just dont do the job properly.

For the Arms, Torso Shoulders where Arms attach, and Head I use the following magnets:
    -N48,N50, or N52 1/16" x 1/16" or 1.5mm x 1.5mm

For the Torso Neck, Torso Waist, and Legs Waist I use the following magnets:
    -N48,N50, or N52 1/8" x 1/16" or 3mm x 2mm

I typically use a 1/8 drill bit with my drill, i use the 1/16 drill bit with my pin vise then I use the same size dremmel grinders if i need to widen the hole just a bit and I super glue em in there.

Its tedious work and all you really need to use it for is the arms to swap weapons for units like Scourges where you can have different weapon loadouts like they do and it really works out great since all the Dark Eldar weapons are interchangable with the different models so if you don't use your Scourges in a game then you can use those Shard Carbines on your Trueborn and the Dark Lance and Splinter Cannon ect...

If you really have the time and patience then you go crazy on the leader units and do the head and waist like I did in my pictured example...but like I said it was more of a proof of concept to see if I could and possibly do it for a profit and also it does make it easier to fit the models in my transport case since they come apart like that. You should see how crazy I went with the magnets on my Death Guard army....I will post detailed shots of magnetized Dreadnaught and Terminator Squad next weekend in my Death Guard Log.
    Last edited by REDEATH; 10-05-2015 at 12:14. Reason: correction

Ok I did some green stuff stuff on my baron tonight to fill in some holes and gaps in the model conversion and I dont think I am gonna magnetize him for fear of breaking something even though I think a poseble Baron would be cool. But if all goes well tomorrow night I should prime him and then try to get some painting done on him and pics to follow later in the week or weekend....kinda bouncing back and forth between my Death Guard and Dark Eldar I should be finished priming all the rest of my Dark Eldar stuff and i'll probably slap together some old Dark Eldar warriors to use as testers for my paint method and scheme. Main colors are black and red just have not decided on which will be the more dominant color.

Been a while I have not been able to paint much lately due to it being way too hot in my basement where I do all my work....but now in my local area we have a WH40K 1850 pt Tourney on July 31st and then the Ard Boyz Tourney on August 13th....sooo my new plan is to put my Dark Eldar on hold and concentrate on finishing my Death Guard and getting enough points for Ard Boyz 2500 pts. I'll try and post some pics of Typhus's Plague Marine Squad and later in the week my Death Guard Nurgle Defiler is getting a major overhaul as I scored the ForgeWorld Plague Hulk model and a Soul Grinder for about $40 each on Ebay.

OK this PLOG is still on hold BUT.....I am getting close to finsihing up my DEATH GUARD in the next two months and then will start finally working on this Army.
    (UNLESS GW DOES SOMETHING LIKE RELEASE THE 6TH ED and a NEW CHAOS LEGIONS CODEX....then I may spend some more time on my DEATH GUARD and may even start up a NIGHT LORDS army if they have rules for them)
    My first Goal is to paint up a 1000 pt list and here is that list below (Not looking for it to be ultra competitive just kinda the models I would like to do and have a fun list)...then move up to 1500 pts, 1750 pts, 1850 pts and 2000 pts.

HQ: Duke Sliscus
    1 Duke Sliscus

Elite: Kabalite Trueborn
    4 Kabalite Trueborn, + Shardcarbine x1 + Blaster x1 + Splinter Cannon x2
    1 Venom, + additional Splinter Cannon (2 SC total)

Troops: Kabalite Warriors
    9 Kabalite Warriors, + Blaster x1 + Splinter Cannon x1
    1 Sybarite
    1 Raider, w/ Dark Lance + Flickerfield

Elite: Hekatrix Bloodbrides
    9 Hekatrix Bloodbrides, + Razorflails x3
    1 Syren, + Phantasm Grenade Launcher + Venom Blade
    1 Raider, w/ Disintegrator + Flickerfield

HQ: Baron Sathonyx
    1 Baron Sathonyx

Troops: Hellions
    5 Hellions
    1 Helliarch

Fast Attack: Beastmaster
    1 Beastmaster, + Venom Blade
    1 Razorwing Flock

In a nutshell Duke is in the venom gunboat for crazy Splinter cannon shots, Warrors and Raider for more ranged fun and some anti vehicle.

But most of the fun is for the Baron, Hellions, Blood Brides and Beast Master to get in there quick and mix it up.

The order of painting will be...
    1 - Baron w/ Hellion Squad and Beast Master w/ Razorwing flock

2- Duke w/ Trueborn and Venom

3 - Blood Brides w/ Raider

4 - Warriors w/ Raider

Of course I bet by the time I finish doing my Duke and Baron conversions GW will probably release models for them....just means I have to make sure mine look better

***photobucket JACKED everyone's photos I am in the process of switching to Google to host my photos***

Warseer and many sites that I read and look at are getting hit with Photobuckets new policy to get money from Bloggers and other people storing their images with Photobucket. They want bloggers to pay $400 a year for what they used to do, and many other companies do for free.

You can very much bet that just about all of the sites hit by this will leave photobucket for good. I know I will never use it again I am in the slow process of digging up all my pics and getting them into my Google Album to re-post them in my plogs.

Ok some people have been PMing me about my moving to Google Photos and asking how to embed the pics here in Warseer so there is my attempt as explaining How To:

Create the New Album in Google Photos
    1. Then ADD Photos to album... on the top right when you do that you have the option to "Add Photos" then after you click that then again in the top right is the option "Select from computer" you choose that to upload any pics you have on your computer ( ex I downloaded all my old Photo Bucket Albums from PB and I am now in the process of making the albums on Google Photo so I am uploading the pics from the downloaded PB albums <after I unzipped them of course>).
    2. Then to embed individual pics in your Warseer Plog just open the photo in your Google Photos album and then right click on the photo and select "Copy Image Address"
    3. Then in your Warseer Post Select "Insert Image"
    4. Then in the Insert Image window Click on the "From URL" Tab and paste the link in the URL box and make sure you UNCHECK "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"
    5. Then click on OK and Post your reply then smile as your pic is now in your post

Great suggestion on a new host REDEATH.

5/5 from me for that.

Feel free to post that on the Stuck Thread I have made on each of the Painting Log Forums.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Not continuing any work on this log yet BUT I did just delete some redundant posts of my own and ADD back in all the pictures that were missing in the older posts due to the whole Photobucket debacle.

REDEATH,

Nice to see a member restoring their old photos. I know it can be painful, but it makes your lop complete.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar