Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: REDEATH's DEATH GUARD log

REDEATH's DEATH GUARD Plog (First Post has rolling Update Log)

***UPDATED 01/15/2018*** NICE! I was pleasantly surprised that Dakka Dakka has a bunch of my finished models in a Log I started there way back when here is the link to my image search gallery on the dakka dakka website https://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gall...ort2=0&u=49666

***UPDATED 12/16/2017*** Found ALL my old pics and added them to the Google Pics album! Also clearing out space in my man cave basement to start seriously painting again.

***UPDATED 11/11/2017*** I am currently trying to work on Plague Marines, Death Guard Special Characters, Death Shroud, Mortarion, Blight Lord Terminators, and Unique bases for all my Death Guard Minis. I am also working on building a gaming table in my Garage its going to be 4' x 8' but I only have the 4' x 6' Realm of Battle board and GW does not sell the two extra panels to make it a 4' x 8' ....damn GW for inspiring me so damn much that I cant get any one thing done also Damn Total War: WARHAMMER II that is sucking up a lot of night time playing time...now have High Elves Total War: WARHAMMER II - Mortal Empires game going.

***UPDATED 8/25/2017*** I am still working on deleting some of the old Posts so as not to waste anyone's time and reduce the page count of this Plog and I will add in some of my older Pics here and there (got a bunch in on Page 1 and 2 so far) and I finally started painting again see the last page for new 8th Ed Death Guuard Models in progress...

***UPDATED 8/4/2017*** I have completed moving my old PhotoBucket albums to Google Photos and just put up some new stuff on the Last Page of this Thread I will slowly but surely try to delete some older posts and get some of my old pics back in the Plog
    Here is the NEW link to my complete Death Guard Plog Pictures Album in Google Photos 804 Pictures and counting...
    https://goo.gl/photos/nD6xtcmvxUuA8W8L9

I will make an effort to RE-ADD the photos in my old posts but my priority is going to be NEW Posts as I am about to start painting the NEW 2017 Death Guard Models I will try and add pics of the Primed and some Magnetized New Dark Imperium Death Guard Models.

I make, convert, and magnetize more models than actually paint and play I guess its the artist in me. I am running four Plogs my Death Guard army is an army that I was a lot closer to finishing and now that the 8th Edition of 40K finally has new Death Guard I will be resuming them. I also have an active Magnetized models log that I will be adding more pics to. I have a Dark Eldar Plog that started up but then got shelved to finish up my Death Guard Army, then I started up a Night Lords Plog but that got shelved for now too along with a Khorne Daemonkin Plog. I love to do conversions and I love to make my models Unique. So anyway here is some of my Death Guard WIP stuff.

My MAGNETIZED MINIS log http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?422282
    My DEATH GUARD plog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307778
    My TAU FARSIGHT ENCLAVES and THE EIGHT plog *NEW* http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?422719
    *ON HOLD* My KHORNE DAEMONKIN plog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?414338
    *ON HOLD* My NIGHT LORDS plog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?408795
    *ON HOLD* My DARK ELDAR plog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307385
    Last edited by REDEATH; 15-01-2018 at 05:57. Reason: Updates

Commander

Re: REDEATH's DEATH GUARD log

Already very excieted about this plog. DG are by far my favorite band of badies. Most of my projects before my current endeavor were DG/Nurglich.
    I really really really like the WIP champion. I am not usually a super big fan of the classic look, but you have pulled it off so well I have suspended that opinion just for you. In fact it has inspired me.
    I'm watching this with great anticipation

Looking good so far. I like the green armour on Typhus.
    Miniature Miscellany (40k, Epic, BFG, Mordheim, Dreadfleet).

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Hobbit View Post
    Looking good so far. I like the green armour on Typhus.
    I'm trying to make them as best as I can. But I have to give credit it to Latro_ as I borrowed his paint method that he detailed in the following log:
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3221179

His nice work in detailing his method got me back into the game and painting like never before.

haha cheers, to be fair i stole the idea from a plague bearer unit a member called Skulliz did ages ago.

Look good man, curse you for having some old oop plague marine models i dont have

A few folks have commented to the how-to, glad it was of use. It'll never be a golden daemon method of painting but it gets them done so quick and looking good, thats what most people want to achieve with an army.
    Last edited by Latro_; 21-06-2011 at 10:26.

Here is my WIP Death Guard Dreadnought and he's Magnetized!!! Makes him way easy to transport and cool possible and I can take off weapons as they get blown off or if he get wrecked i can bend him over and keep him there as cover.
    Last edited by REDEATH; 03-07-2017 at 00:52.

Typphus and Forgeworld death guard Terminators....

Last edited by REDEATH; 26-08-2017 at 00:20.

Typhus and Death Guard Campions

and a Cultist Champion

Last edited by REDEATH; 26-08-2017 at 00:27.

Death Guard Daemon Prince , Forge World Death Guard Dread, and WIP Death Guard Hell Brute

Last edited by REDEATH; 26-08-2017 at 00:29.

Now for my Defiler WIP

Last edited by REDEATH; 26-08-2017 at 00:45.

Some Conversions I have done..

Plague Marine Champion

and a Nurgle Cultist Champion

Last edited by REDEATH; 26-08-2017 at 00:47.

Here is some Rhino Green stuff work I did

Last edited by REDEATH; 26-08-2017 at 00:49. Reason: Removed Army list b/c listed pts and found out GW doesn't like ppl posting unit pts costs so didn't want Warseer in trouble

Commander

Sweet, keep them comming

3 Death Guard Obliterators I had started up...

Last edited by REDEATH; 26-08-2017 at 00:53.

Commander

Papa Nurgle is much more than pleased. Keep the great work.

Commander

The defiler is from FW?

Commander

The result is damn good

Commander

By far one of the coolest Nurglich Defilers I have ever seen.
    You have serious GS skills man, but I don't need to tell you that

yeah but my tendancey is to think up and start a lot of cool things and never see them fully completed...BUT I am trying to complete ALL my Death Guard stuff by the end of 2011...right now I am getting side tracked tonight to assemble the Death Guard Havocs I added to my Ard Boyz list....and I have enough old classic nurgle CSM Renegade models to also convert up my Death Guard Chosen squad for that list too. I have a 1850pt tourney coming up August 28th that I need the Havocs for that list so I am going to do them up starting tonight. And then I was thinking about resuming work on the defiler OR just finishing up Typhus and the Daemon Prince once and for all because I have to get stuff painted for that tourney since it is scoreble. I have till September 19th for the Ard Boyz Semi Finals to work on the Chosen.

Commander

I totally know how that goes. I have killed many armies off before they were even half-way complete. Never bad to run a few projects though. The idea factory needs different scenery now and then.
    Best of luck getting ready for the tourney. Looking forward to more progress
    Last edited by AtmanAbecedarian; 18-08-2011 at 13:38.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast