Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: REDEATH's DEATH GUARD log

Re: REDEATH's DEATH GUARD log

Ok some more Base Detail done too now...

Disappointing that GW is fleecing Death Guard Players $60 USD for a unit of only (3) Deathshroud Bodyguard models and the sprues are not that friendly when trying to make them unique see Pic below. I think ill wait till next week and hopefully the other DG Terminators will be released along with the regular Plague Marines it really sucs they only released one small unit this week.

Looking really good REDEATH. I'm with you on the Deathshroud termies, not good value - just one spare torso front piece, a bunch of spare heads and an extra scythe piece by the looks of it. I fear that all the new DG stuff is going to be really quite poor for variety straight from the box. We'll have to see but I'm not hopeful.

Yeah to make things even worse at the current exchange rate if you were to buy these guys in the UK you would only be paying $47 USD compared to the $60 they are charging here in the USA. AND if you bought it from an independent retailer in the UK with the 15% off it would be around $40 USD. Damn USA = 33% fat profit for GW!

Ok been slacking off BUT I have some NEW models Death Shroud, Typhus and Blightlord Terminators !

I have been slow because the whole new Death Guard range is Awesome (and expensive :P ) and I really want to make some cool bases for my models that are really unique and fir the Death Guard theme I will preview later in the week what I am talking about I am looking to make em oozey, boggy, slimy, decay, death, and lastly some maggots! (oh and I figure all special characters get a little nurgleing on their base too :P ). Also what is slowing me down is Magnetizing the models that CAN be magnetized so I can do some head and arm swaps to make them truly unique. Damn GW for inspiring me so damn much that I cant get any one thing done also Damn Total War: WARHAMMER II that is sucking up a lot of night time playing time...now have High Elves Total War: WARHAMMER II - Mortal Empires game going.
    Last edited by REDEATH; 12-11-2017 at 02:41.

Ok got the base color on em....

Ok I have found a compromise I my Total War Warhammer II Mortal Empires High Elves Campaign is dragging out since I am Trading with all the goodly races and all the map is reviled the End turn wait is pretty long as the AI does all its moves for ALL those kingdoms. So in between turns I have been working some more on the Blight Lord Terminators....Magnetizing their arms and now working on the Combi Weapons.

I got side tracked these last few days I have been doing some house work AND building a Gaming Table!!!

Found ALL my old pics and added them to the Google Pics album! Also clearing out space in my man cave basement to start seriously painting again.

Ok starting to work on Mortarion!

and here is an example of some of the new Bases i'm going to use.

I am also working on a redesign of my Gaming table plan the table I made is WAY TOOO HEAVY!!! I can just barely set it up or take it off the folding table by myself The next table is going to be 6' x 4' made with 1x4's instead of 2x4's for the frame and I have made the frame simpler so it will use less wood I want to reduce the weight by at least 40%.
    Last edited by REDEATH; 18-12-2017 at 02:25.

Xmas Time!!! Look what I got (Missing 2 more items <Easy to Build Lord Felthius & Tainted Cohort and Easy To Build Myphitic Blight-hauler> b/c they did not arrive in time but I should have them before new years )

NICE! I was pleasantly surprised that Dakka Dakka has a bunch of my finished models in a Log I started there way back when here is the link to my image search gallery on the dakka dakka website https://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gall...ort2=0&u=49666

I also added the pics to my Google gallery ( My complete Death Guard Plog Pictures Album in Google Photos 871 Pictures and counting...
    https://goo.gl/photos/nD6xtcmvxUuA8W8L9 ) and here are shots below of the dakka gallery pics

Last edited by REDEATH; 15-01-2018 at 05:52.

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REDEATH View Post
    Yeah to make things even worse at the current exchange rate if you were to buy these guys in the UK you would only be paying $47 USD compared to the $60 they are charging here in the USA. AND if you bought it from an independent retailer in the UK with the 15% off it would be around $40 USD. Damn USA = 33% fat profit for GW!
    UK prices include 20% VAT. The highest sales tax in the US is what, half that?

You have no clue ...The UK price already has the VAT tax included the price. So it costs even more in the US than I quoted :P
    The US price does not even include the sales tax. In the US the TAX is AFTER the sale in the UK / EU the VAT TAX is already part of the sticker price.

Death Shroud Bodyguard = 35 GBP (=$48.22 USD @ today's rate) vs $60 USD + Tax (we'll use NY sales tax 7.25%) at point of purchase = $64.35 USD still a $16.13 USD higher than UK price
    If independent retailer in the UK sold it to you with 15% discount then it would be = to $40.98 USD compared to US price with discount = $51.00 USD (+7.25% NY sales Tax) = $54.70 USD still way higher than UK price.
    Last edited by REDEATH; 17-01-2018 at 06:11.

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Trust me, I'm well acquainted. It's just a thing with prices in the UK and EU. I'm not aware of any company that doesn't convert from their list price (including VAT) when selling internationally. Video game companies, especially those on the digital side, are even worse than GW.

It drives me UP THE WALL on Forge World especially prices since... Well, that's the thing I actually order from the UK.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6