Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BoBo´s tyranid swarm

BoBo´s tyranid swarm

Hi
    I´ve been building on this army for a while now but just yesterday a got around to actually take pictures of them! What presented here is what i have got finished to this date but more will follow! So to start thing off some HQ choices!

Hive Tyrant with lashguards! Lashwips are from the venemthrope kit

Warrior Prime (built on a ravener body with beefed up legs from the warrior kit, boneswords are gs and plasticard)

Tervigon (built on two carnifexes and a lot of GS, i have som WIP´s somewere and i will try to find them)

Thanx for looking! I will post more asap!
    My slow log of Terrain ,My slow log of Blood Bowl ,My tyranid swarm , My Khorne Demon army log, My Necron Army, Follower of Chaos, My Blood Angels, My 3D Space Hulk
    Bobo´s-random-sculpting-commision-and-other-stuff , if you are interested drop me a PM!

Re: BoBo´s tyranid swarm

Some Elite choices

Basic Zoanthropes

Lictors

Hive Guards made from the warrior kit and some GS
    My slow log of Terrain ,My slow log of Blood Bowl ,My tyranid swarm , My Khorne Demon army log, My Necron Army, Follower of Chaos, My Blood Angels, My 3D Space Hulk
    Bobo´s-random-sculpting-commision-and-other-stuff , if you are interested drop me a PM!

Troops!!

Gaunts...

Genestealers and Broodlord

The mighty rippers

Warriors

Fast Attack

Raveners

Harpy (Built on the carnifex kit)

Red or perhaps Pink Terror! (he´s not in the latest codex but is still one of the best tyranid miniatures around)

Heavy support

Carnifexes

Biovore with to many sporemines

Hierodule from FW

Malanthrope (Built on a carnifex and GS...i have som WIP´s on this one as well)

Beautiful paint job. Im jealous! And also very nice conversion work.

And finaly a groupshot

.....and a almost forgot my objektives

Thanxs for looking! Please feel free to comment!
    /BoBo

Easily the quickest 5-rating as I'm astonished by the colour sheme, the conversions which look really, really superb, the malantrope etc., if I hadn't read the text under the pics I would have taken it as the FW one.
    Wonderful army, wonderful bases. Contrast is really awesome and the look like mad and evil aliens.
    Only "down" would be the markers I think..do some with that great jungle environment you use, would be much much better. The markers seem to..simple considering and seeing your whole army.

Armies and pictures like that are temping me to do nids again, oh well.

As said, high 5!

Noc
    -
    > Hive Fleet Esus <
    > Nocturn's Almighty Push <

After a long break updating with Tau, Eldar, Chaos and 'Nids.
    (latest Update 08/22/2017: T'au "The Fallen" - Kroot Paint Scheme)

-

AMAZING! Can't believe I haven't seen these before! Your Tervigon has to be one of the best and most orgional I've seen, also the hive guard and Harpy just wow.

Well done, please paint more and do tutorials on your Harpy/Hive Guard and most important your Tervigon! (big ask I know but can't blame a guy for tryin )

polo.

p.s didn't mention your Lictors, fantastically posed.

ok I'm done now, promise.
    Hive Fleet Carnivora My Tyranid Blog: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307691

We would love wip photos. All your conversions look so natural and just top top. Can we has more photos pls?

Awesome + Sauce = Awesomesuace

Great work. If I may pick your mind for a tip. How could I learn your armour painting ways and what would you recommend as an upper layer to Iyaden Darksun armour?

Thanks

When I first looked I didn't even realize the Malanthrope was scratch-built.

Awesome!

Thanxs for all the wonderful comments

@Nocturn: The markers are a quick fix a did to a lokal turnament! Even if the are a bit boring compered to what some peaple do a must say that the are exelent to play with since you can actually stand a modell on top of it!
    @polomarko888: I´m not doing another tervigon at the moment but i have som wip pictures somewere so stay tuned and i will post as soon as i find them!
    @ASSASSINAWOKEN: I have been painting miniatures for more than 20 years and all a can say is practice practice....there is no quick fix. It depends on the look your going for Iliaden darksun highlights well with tausept ochre and if you want to go brighter there is always sunburst yellow.
    @Speedfreak! Tack

really nice army cohesion and good painting job
    My Imperium Blog : Faith of the Imperium

WARHAMMER-40k-CAMPAIGNS.COM - Follow this unique website project of 40k campaigns since the beginning on our Facebook!

Good stuff, really liking the face on your Malanthrope, and I love the retro looking objective markers.

All in all a great looking swarm with some wonderful conversions, you should be proud
    Necrons, 'Nids 'n' Eldar Log

By far the BEST paint job, conversion work and presentation in an army I have EVER seen.You should put those in the armies on parade competition.

Chapter Master

Immense, beautiful army! Superb job!

So, so so awesome. BE PROUD! have you ever won an award for your painting???
    Quote Originally Posted by Hochdorf View Post
    I'm disturbed by the fact that Theodor Bruckner's codpiece appears to be substantially larger than a normal man's head

Unbelievably good army. Inspiring conversions. The use of the carnifex is sublime. Will be linking this to my nid playing buddy. Hive guard conversions are my faves.

Chapter Master

Really superb. Would love to play against this army on the table top.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast