Thread: -= The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar =-

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chapter Master Karak Norn Clansman's Avatar

Re: -= The Red Host of Nir-Kezhar =-

Thank you kindly! Not much of a formal background to speak of, only an interest in history (and natural sciences) cultivated from an early age nonstop through all my young life (reads a lot, and listen to lectures, documentaries and audiobooks while sculpting or painting).

Couple this together with an equally lifelong interest in creating fictive worlds, writing, drawing and reading fiction, and you've got someone who has in practice spent his entire life since the age of five doing this; Absorbing real info and fiction, analyzing, writing over and over again. I was also lucky to read a very good author as a child, meaning I've got a known model for cultural realism implanted from as soon as I could read books, instead of the usual lighthearted wish fulfilment fiction. The rest is just imagination, facts-memory, picking up tricks of the narrative trade, and above all trial and error:

The more you do something, the easier it gets to do it well, and the more you know, the easier it is for you to come up with new ideas. Apart from that, I've always just tried to write stories I myself would like to read, even if they're too gritty and filled with silly humour and (mass) protagonist death for most people's taste: Better follow your own taste compass than aping popular trends overly much. Cheers!