Thread: grey knight force weapons

grey knight force weapons

Hi

I am new to playing GK and have a pretty basic question about how nemesis force weapons work.

It states in the 40K rulebook that force weapons are power weapons that confer an additional power to the user (instant death providing a psychic test is passed).

In the GK codex the rules states a GK must pass a psychic test to 'activate' their weapons and confer the benfits that particular weapon gives.

The question is this. If I choose not to activate the force weapons do they still confer the benfits of being power weapons regardless of whether I choose to take a psychic test?

In a similer vein does the daemon hammer still have the abilities of a Thunder Hammer regardless of whether I choose to activate it or not?

In other words if a strike squad activates hammerhand and thus uses up its one psychic test per turn do they strike as S5 power weapons or S5 but allowing normal saves?

Any help would be appreciated as obviously this is a big part of the GK codex!
    Weigh the fist that strikes men down and salutes the battle won.

Re: grey knight force weapons

Yes, activating the nemesis force weapon means only making the wounds they do to cause instant death.They are power weapons no matter what. Same for hammers and falchions and staves and halberds of course.
    -"Zeal and fury are rewarded with victory!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lijacote View Post
    I find your arguments compelling and your literate expression so enticing that I must ask myself to be added to the list of subscribers entitled to receive scheduled packets of gold in the form of your argumentative genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takitron View Post
    They know how they want you to play the game, they just cant be arsed to tell you.

Chapter Master

Might be worth re-reading the exact wording of the GK codex - if their force weapons work differently due to special codex ruling (or GWs habit of sloppy rules writing) then that would technically take precedence.

OTOH what oberon says is certainly the rules as intended and game as played.

Mark.

They are force weapons as per BRB but you only need to take 1 Ld test for the unit to activate the entire units force weapons (all wounds caused) - although - ICs still have to test seperately.

What makes them "Nemesis" and thus different to normal force weapons is their "Daemonbane" special rule. Additionally each type of Nemesis Force weapon has additional combat bonuses
    40k Retirement since Feb'13
    The Inquisition - from nothing to something log! Update 15th September 2012 - Ordo Malleus Inquisitor progressed
    - Project on ICE !

A Tomb World Awakens! Update 31st January 2013 - Flayed Ones !
    I AM A GW FANBOY - THERE I SAID IT !
    Proud member of the Safehouse !

Librarian

The other thing is you can instant kill multiple opponents.

^ that is the benefit - potentially very damaging !
    40k Retirement since Feb'13
    The Inquisition - from nothing to something log! Update 15th September 2012 - Ordo Malleus Inquisitor progressed
    - Project on ICE !

A Tomb World Awakens! Update 31st January 2013 - Flayed Ones !
    I AM A GW FANBOY - THERE I SAID IT !
    Proud member of the Safehouse !