Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

  1. #1

    Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    Hello.

    I am gona start a Dark eldar army, as my Friends have stopped playing Warhammer fantasy and ther is no gaming club around..

    So i will start Dark eldar GO PIRATES! yaaar!

    i will start small at 500points so i get too know the rules and that army a littel bit and then upgrade too 750/1000 etc.
    i did got the Rulebook and codex so here is what i have come up whit for my starting list.

    HQ
    Succubus with Agoniser - 85

    Troops
    10 Kabalite Warriors with Splinter Cannon and Sybarite with Venom Blade and Blast Pistol - 130
    Dedicated Transport - Raider with Splinter Racks and Flickerfield - 80

    9 Wyches with 1 special weapon of choice* and Hekatrix with Agoniser -130
    Dedicated Transport - Raider with Flickerfield - 70
    *same pts so choose between Razorflails, Shardnet/Impaler and Hydra Gauntlets- they all have Pros and Cons, I like Hydras cause of +D6 attacks, its a matter of preference in the end

  2. #2

    Re: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    Pretty decent list for 500pts, not much anti-tank (blast pistol and presumebly two dark lances on the raiders) but hopefully at 500pts in a friendly game you won't see that much mech.

    I'd seriously considering getting a couple of Ravagers to take you upt to750 when the time comes, but for now it seems a good starting list.
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only British.
    Actual (alleged) girl. Alpha Female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes Goodwin
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.

  3. #3

    Re: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    Drop sybarite in kabalite unit, drop splinter racks (they limit you to 6 inches movement) And swap FF for NS on raiders, it is so much better for transports.

    And use Shardnets (Ultimate tarpit FTW), Razorflails have a chance to be half wasted cause you can get half of their bonus from combat drugs, Hydra are making unit Already owning infantry and they give only d6-1 attacks because basic wych has +1 attack from bonus CCW.

  4. #4

    Re: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    @GodOfRandom: Where are the points saved on racks and sybarite supposed to go? There aren't that many units here, and the wyches certainly don't need more upgrades.

    At 500 points, everyone is pretty limited. The only reason I would start stripping upgrades would be to try and squeeze in a haemonculi for FnP. You can almost pull this off (just) by dropping splinter racks, sybarite, venom blade and blast pistol. Of course, this leaves him with no wargear...

    I dunno... I would build what you have here and start gaming. Alot of the fine tuning on on wargear will come through trial and error.

    Cheers,

    The Good Doctor.

  5. #5

    Re: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    Dropping the Sybarite would lose one third of the anti-tank, and for what, you aren't going to be able to buy anything particularly useful for the thirty points saved.

    Everyone will say go shardnet+impaler,but I recommend trying them all until you find one that suits you. Afterall if you get the re-roll to woujnd combat drugs then razorflails are almost worthless (yes I know you can re-roll hits, but in my experience hitting stuff with wyches isn't the problem).
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only British.
    Actual (alleged) girl. Alpha Female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes Goodwin
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.

  6. #6

    Re: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    Hey again,

    wow thanks alot for all the Help and answers.
    time too read the DE tactica!

    so i get a feeling how i shall play whit this troops.


    yours Truly

    Kiickman

  7. #7

    Re: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    Hello Guys!

    i just had a Game against tyranids And i quit Liked the List, tho i had some problems whit His Hords of Nids grrr!

    But i too adpet and spend all my money i did get 5 Venoms.
    So i am gona think of going Heavy Venom List just for the abilty too be more mobile and shoot him and then assult his tropps at my Terms.

    what do you think?

  8. #8

    Re: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    Quote Originally Posted by GodOfRandom View Post
    drop splinter racks (they limit you to 6 inches movement) .
    Where does it say this?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by kiickman View Post
    Hello.

    I am gona start a Dark eldar army, as my Friends have stopped playing Warhammer fantasy and ther is no gaming club around..

    So i will start Dark eldar GO PIRATES! yaaar!

    i will start small at 500points so i get too know the rules and that army a littel bit and then upgrade too 750/1000 etc.
    i did got the Rulebook and codex so here is what i have come up whit for my starting list.

    HQ
    Succubus with Agoniser - 85

    Troops
    10 Kabalite Warriors with Splinter Cannon and Sybarite with Venom Blade and Blast Pistol - 130
    Dedicated Transport - Raider with Splinter Racks and Flickerfield - 80

    9 Wyches with 1 special weapon of choice* and Hekatrix with Agoniser -130
    Dedicated Transport - Raider with Flickerfield - 70
    *same pts so choose between Razorflails, Shardnet/Impaler and Hydra Gauntlets- they all have Pros and Cons, I like Hydras cause of +D6 attacks, its a matter of preference in the end
    I would strip all the upgrades except for the splinter cannon and downgrade the succubus to a heamonculous and throw another unit of warriors with cannon. This gives you FNP on a unit and a massive firepower boost not to mention more bodies which is huge in a small 500 pt game.

    I find that players (especially new DE players) tend to over wargear their armies, more bodies are almost always more effective than expensive wargear, as a general rule of thumb try not to use more than 15% of your points on wargear. Upgrade characters are usually the biggest waste of all as they are expensive but don't contribute to close combat as much as say another squad of wyches would. Also the more units you have the more options you have tactically as well as being better off if one of you're units is destroyed
    Last edited by Vidzero; 30-08-2011 at 17:34.

  10. #10

    Re: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandragora View Post
    Where does it say this?
    You cant shoot from transport if it moves more than 6 inches. Read the rules.


    To poster above.
    Upgrades are essential for DE, especially for wyche. Dont downgrade Succubus to haemie, either you will leave him in trabsport (easy killpoint), either you lose fleet.
    And SC on kabalites is not useful. I would drop sybarite splinter racks and buy a blaster for KW. You will have 10 points left so buy something. Personally i like Tormnt Granade launchers - cheap and useful.

  11. #11

    Re: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    Quote Originally Posted by GodOfRandom View Post
    You cant shoot from transport if it moves more than 6 inches. Read the rules.
    Be a little less ambiguous next time, then. You're not "limited" to <i>moving</i> 6" as implied, only if you want to shoot.

  12. #12

    Re: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    And you dont use an upgrade if you're not shooting. They limit you to move 6 inches if you want to use them.

  13. #13

    Re: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    WoW alot of good hints here for litel me! Thanks alot guys

    this is what i got too work whit atm.

    10 Kabalite warriors
    10 Wytchets
    raider
    5 venoms

    I was thinking of going Venom heavy List.

    Like
    Archon agonizer and shadowfield
    5 wytches /w Venom + Splinter cannon
    5 wytches /w Venom + Splinter cannon
    10 Kabalite warriors Splinter cannon /w raider flicker Field

    my Opponet loves too Run Nids that is heavy in Closecombat.

  14. #14

    Re: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    No no no. Wyches must be 9 and warriors in 5's. Warriors can get blaster and do something, while 5 wyches is nothing. Wyches must have HWG, Hekatrix with agoniser and 1 shardnet.Warriors should have blasters or, as you play with Nids, you csn get one shredder for each unit.

  15. #15

    Re: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    Nothing wrong ten warriors in a raider, but I agree Wyches need to be in groups of ten also.
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only British.
    Actual (alleged) girl. Alpha Female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes Goodwin
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by kiickman View Post
    WoW alot of good hints here for litel me! Thanks alot guys

    this is what i got too work whit atm.

    10 Kabalite warriors
    10 Wytchets
    raider
    5 venoms

    I was thinking of going Venom heavy List.

    Like
    Archon agonizer and shadowfield
    5 wytches /w Venom + Splinter cannon
    5 wytches /w Venom + Splinter cannon
    10 Kabalite warriors Splinter cannon /w raider flicker Field

    my Opponet loves too Run Nids that is heavy in Closecombat.
    Kind of strange buying 5 venoms when you only own 2 squads, I would have focused on getting more warriors and wyches so you could actually use the venoms when you get em. Maybe a squad of incubi as well.

    To the gentleman that disagrees with me, let's play a game where you use the OPs original list containing 20 models and il play with my suggestion of 30, 10 of whom have FNP and we can see who wins.

    Honestly, DE generals nowadays are a far cry from what they used to be. But that's to be expected when the army list was brought in line with it's contemporaries.

  17. #17

    Re: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    Vidzero: Yeah i know, But i got a good Deal for them From an Friend

    GoDofrandom i did change it around so Kabalite warriors are in 2x 5 grps.
    and wytchets in one big whit archon and Heatrix.

    anyone know if that blade that Causes instant death works on Nids?

  18. #18

    Re: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    Vidzero- 7 warriors is better than 5 warriors with blaster? 20 wyches are better than 10 wyches, shardnets, Haywires and hekatrix with agoniser? 7 reavers are better than 6 reavers with 2 heat lances? 3 Bare archons better than one equipped? And you tell me that you should have only 15% of your army in upgrades. Whoa...

    And really, do you think 500 points matter? We could play 1500 point game, where you have 15% of upgrades (225) and i have my basic amount of something like 450 points of upgrades (WWP list) and see who wins.

    But we cant, cause i live in Russia. Fail...
    Last edited by GodOfRandom; 31-08-2011 at 19:48.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by GodOfRandom View Post
    Vidzero- 7 warriors is better than 5 warriors with blaster? 20 wyches are better than 10 wyches, shardnets, Haywires and hekatrix with agoniser? 7 reavers are better than 6 reavers with 2 heat lances? 3 Bare archons better than one equipped? And you tell me that you should have only 15% of your army in upgrades. Whoa...

    And really, do you think 500 points matter? We could play 1500 point game, where you have 15% of upgrades (225) and i have my basic amount of something like 450 points of upgrades (WWP list) and see who wins.

    But we cant, cause i live in Russia. Fail...
    First of all I have no idea where you got those random insinuations from, the only one that matters or applies is the 20 wyches vs 10 one with upgrades which statisticly my side would win every time.

    Next, 500 points does really matter because that is in what context I gave my advice.

    Also, 225 pts of upgrades in a 1500 pts game sounds just about right, having 450 pts (or about 1/3 of them) of your army composed of wargear is extremely laughable and a massive risk that just does not pay out statisticly.

    Having played the original DE since they came out, I can tell you I learned this the hard way. I can also tell you the new codex nerfed us tactically and creatively. But that's a story for another time...

  20. #20

    Re: Dark eldar 500 Points starting army

    If by nerfed us tactically and creatively you mean 'made other builds other than warrior dark lance spam viable' then yes.
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only British.
    Actual (alleged) girl. Alpha Female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes Goodwin
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •