"How's your faith now, Templar?"
"Why don't you come a little closer... and I'll show you?"
(Thomas Marshall, Knight Templar, Redeemed)
Inspired by the blood-crazed 'evil' Templars from Ridley Scott's awesome Crusade movie "Kingdom of Heaven", the devout Knight Templar Arn from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kni...sades_trilogy), Grimladus and his Templars from the Aaron Dembski-Bowden novel "Helsreach", and most recently by the warrior Templar Thomas Marshall from the fantastically brutal film "Ironclad", here begins anew my true scale Marines blog:
Some notes of no interest:
I make no claim to originality in the true scaling, the methods seen hence forth are copied from and and inspired by the following:
- Migsula's three forms of Alpharius and his =I=munda BLOGs, specifically his modelling but his painting is also truly awesome!
- Synapse's amazing true-scale pre-Heresy World Eaters, and
- Apologist's just as equally wow pre-Heresy Ultramarine Praetors of Calth
- Seriously, who actually knew that Middle Age sappers set fire to pigs in tunnels to bring down castle walls???
- (Watch Ironclad!)
And so, the true-scale sculpting/kit-bashing story so far (this work was done approx 1 year ago):
T1 and T2:
T1 close up:
T1 - back armour complete - moving onto arms and weapons next!
T2 close up:
- he had foot surgery to realign the front boot
T2 - GS on torso - quicker job than T1, thanks to clay shapers and practice!