Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Rumour Discussion

Empire Rumour Discussion

It seems that even though winter is fast approaching, birds are still singing:

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy
    So i understand empire will get 4 kits. Knights obviously. 2 character ones (cant properly remember which ones but if you notice the priest of morr rules i would guess WP's will get a kit). And a new war atlar. The Altar kit will be a dual kit. The second option will be a Nuln seige cannon. Massive cannon used to defend the walls of nuln.
    I can't comment on how solid these are. But it's not the first - and probably not the last - I've heard over the last few weeks. It seems to me like the Empire is not too far away, meaning somewhere in the next six months.

Something more: the knight mentioned are supposedly not replacements of the current knights, but demi-gryph knights. See Warhammer Forge for reference.

Something more from 75hastings69, thanks too:

Quote Originally Posted by 75hastings69 View Post
    Empire are not getting updates of current knights, there are different cav coming though. The old crappy horses/knights remain. War altar makes something else, but afaik it's not a cannon of any kind.
    And another birdy sings:

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy #2
    Plastic War alter kit which only makes a war altar, but a war altar that can be either of Morr, Sigmar or Ulric.

New Monstrous Cavalry, possibly Demigriffons, which comes with separate saddles and harnesses, so they can also be used as bound monsters in SOM without conversion.
    Last edited by Darnok; 27-09-2011 at 19:06.

Re: Empire rumours

Woohooo!

Thanks Darnok for the rumors!

Just when Settra has bled me dry, dear old Karl sends his tax collectors...Winter is coming way too soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dan View Post
    Thinking about it, it's nice to hear about people bringing their COKs to games with them. I haven't seen another man drop a COK on the table in some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnok View Post
    It seems that even though winter is fast approaching, birds are still singing:
    A canon heh? What kind of artillery did the Empire need that it didn't already have? :/

I heard more Knightly Orders, not just one box of generic knights, plus warrior priests halflings and some characters, including a female. Never heard anything about a war altar/cannon kit, I heard a vague whisper of a war altar/war wagon kit.
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only British.
    Actual (alleged) girl. Alpha Female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes Goodwin
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.

Quote Originally Posted by Urgat View Post
    A canon heh? What kind of artillery did the Empire need that it didn't already have? :/
    A proper "great" cannon? With the OK Ironblaster I guess many Empire players get jealous.

Empire are not getting updates of current knights, there are different cav coming though. The old crappy horses/knights remain. War altar makes something else, but afaik it's not a cannon of any kind.

Good point, the Empire Great Cannon is embaressingly small even compared to its metal predecessor.
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.

Given the new OK Ironblaster model, it's not difficult to guess the size or look of a siege cannon...

I say the same every Empire release though; no new knights means no Empire army for me.
    I'm just surprised i remembered my old log in details.

I must be the only person who likes the old Knights? I mean the horses could do with an update but the knights themselves I like. Especially with the KotBS upgrade kits.

Any idea of time frame on these? I was told not for quite a while but that may have changed by the sound of things.

They aren't the worst models GW have done, but compared to Ludwig Swartzhelm, Kurt Helborg and Marius Leitdorf, they're quite dated.
    I'm just surprised i remembered my old log in details.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I heard more Knightly Orders, not just one box of generic knights, plus warrior priests halflings and some characters, including a female. Never heard anything about a war altar/cannon kit, I heard a vague whisper of a war altar/war wagon kit.
    Sorry, just a clarifying point on those rumours, should there be a comma between "warrior priests" and "halflings" or are we in fact getting pint-sized priesties swinging frying pans and yelling prayers to the great pie-in-the-sky?

All I can say is they'd better hold this off until my birthday in march, Christmas is all tied up paying off my dreadfleet bill and bringing my necrons up to their 5th Ed book. The last year has been an expensive one for me, Dark Eldar, Orcs and Goblins, Tomb Kings redone, all armies that I have long-standing collections of, I'm fortunate that Sisters of Battle turned out to be a damp squib really, theres no way I could have afforded to buy anything new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konovalev View Post
    Warseer's Warhammer General has become like a nerdy Jerry Springer. It's quite entertaining.
    Calling all AoS fans, please consider joining Warseer's first Age of Sigmar Tale of Painters

Sounds great. Except for the knights. Now, I like the old knights. I should, I own over a hundred of them. But I sense "No new Elf Core, Part 4: Knights in shiny armor" (After "Party High", "Dark Days" and "Sandy Skeletons") looming over it. The knights aren't bad, but the horses look really, REALLY dated.

I must be the only person who likes the old Knights? I mean the horses could do with an update but the knights themselves I like. Especially with the KotBS upgrade kits.
    I'm with you on this one, the horsies need an update but the knights are perfectly fine. There are FAR worst models that need the attention of GW then them, no matter how you slice it.
    A new kit for the war alter would be awsome, though if they'll make new Halfling models they'll instantly have my money

Yes, sorry, warrior priests and halflings.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney Norman View Post
    Sorry, just a clarifying point on those rumours, should there be a comma between "warrior priests" and "halflings" or are we in fact getting pint-sized priesties swinging frying pans and yelling prayers to the great pie-in-the-sky?

Chapter Master

So, no new knights, and no new state troops?

Looks like I'll be going full steam ahead with Perry Miniatures for my new army, now I know that's they're releasing new WotR knights next year.

I'm tired of waiting for GW to bring the army up to a decent standard... they've done a good job of sculpting the special/rare choices (which I will buy to flesh out the army), but that doesn't matter when all of the core choices that aren't militia or archers are sub-par... especially when you have to paint up 100+ of them.

7th edition state troops look bad compared to their predecessors, I loved the greatswords when they were first shown (no skullz! no bare feet! no monkey faces! no "sigmar sigmar karl franz" sculpted onto every surface!) and planned to make an entire new army out of converted greatswords... until the pricing on them killed that idea.

War Wagon sounds like the most likely candidate for the War Altar alternate build, they are both basically the same thing, only with different platforms on the top.

Out of all 4 of those rumoured kits, the War Altar is the only one that is a desperately-needed choice.

If it comes with a war wagon option and the potential to magnetize the kit, I'll be very happy with that.

Plastic characters I'll probably pick up too, it would be nice if one of them was a battle standard with sculpted banner... and no cherubs.
    Last edited by scarletsquig; 26-09-2011 at 14:27.
    If you play any of Mantic's games, check out my Battlescribe project for KoW and Warpath.

Yes, sorry, warrior priests and halflings.
    I'm going to convert a Halfling Warrior Priest now, regardless.

The 7th Edition State troops don't look bad per-se. If you don't know their old counterparts. The newer ones have superior sculpting and details, but the old ones radiated character and the Warhammerness without plastering them with skulls. Resculpts of the old ones, with the technique of today, that would be the thing.

I like the current state troops, but they rank up horridly so I'd be all for a new kit with raised polearm option instead of having them all poke forward.

Korraz, might have to make a Halfling WP myself now.

well, cool looking forword to the new book!!
    Zak

I hope we get diffrent knightly order rules again. I have about 3000 points worth fo kislev ites now and some special rules to match would be really awesome. (Wishlisting)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling Chieftain View Post
    Game balance is definitely not a feature of real war.

Quote Originally Posted by Korraz View Post
    The knights aren't bad, but the horses look really, REALLY dated.
    That's because they are they were nothing exciting 17 years ago!

60 Knights and counting ....
    Free your hobby! Be creative and stop slavishly following the damn Book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osbad View Post
    Anyone calling the LotR system's balance inferior to the other 2 core games' is just spouting absolute rubbish and clearly doesn't know what they are talking about.
    RIP Brimstone.
    I used to read the GW Other Forum, but I am much happier now.

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast