Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mangler Squig in December

Mangler Squig in December

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy
    Didn't see this anywhere but...

This dec we will see the mangler squig released. (on a 60mm round base to put that debate to rest)
    Dammit - I never got my own sculpt finished in time.

Re: Mangler Squig in December

Great timing, I'm looking around for bitz to convert a second. Would buy one in a second.

(and my first one is on a 60 mm round base)
    As a long-time Goblin player, I can reliably inform you that failure is ALWAYS an option.

Painting Log - Circle Orboros - Warpwolves FTW!
    Terrain Log - Circle Orboros themed terrain for Hordes

December is a little sooner than I expected, but I'm happy about that. Wait till you see the size of them! Gobbos holding on for life!

Quote Originally Posted by 75hastings69 View Post
    December is a little sooner than I expected, but I'm happy about that. Wait till you see the size of them! Gobbos holding on for life!
    Wish there was a "like" button for this quote!

And good sense prevails. Now the question is:
    plastic or finecast?

If it's plastic I'll get two, if it's resin I'll just get one.
    As a long-time Goblin player, I can reliably inform you that failure is ALWAYS an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Urgat View Post
    And good sense prevails. Now the question is:
    plastic or finecast?
    No birdy comment, but common sense: Finecast. It is a pretty low-volume model, as at most every O&G player will get two or three.

I hope finecast. It might cause all the whiners to try it, and realise that resin is ok :P

I suppose whiners would not buy it. I don't really care either way, I've yet to get a finecast model so I have no opinion, but I've always liked resin.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnok View Post
    It is a pretty low-volume model, as at most every O&G player will get two or three.
    Thats an awful lot of units then

Veteran Sergeant Skarsnik, the Lord's Avatar

I already have my Forest Goblin Mangler (a Forest Goblin and a couple of spiders) and my Goblin Mangler in progress (a common Goblin and a couple of wolves). When the new Night Goblin Mangler comes out I'll buy one and have one Mangler for each type, hooray!

It's nice to hear that they'll release some new thingies for O&G. Anything else coming in December? Perhaps the new wolf models people have been talking about?

- Cheers, Skarsnik.
    "Karkahautti karhiainen, mylleröitti messän herra, kaatu maahan kuninkaana, lävistyipi leppäsille.
    Pejihaiset pijetähän, messäläistä muistetahan, Ukolleki uhratahan, poikoansa palvotahan."

Quote Originally Posted by xxRavenxx View Post
    I hope finecast. It might cause all the whiners to try it, and realise that resin is ok :P
    Resin was never the problem, there are no whiners, only those who have bought, and dis-liked finecast. But in the interests of having non-identical models all over the place I hope it's multi-part plastic.
    Member of J.A.D.E.D

Chapter Master

Nice one, be interesting to see what base size they place the official model on but I'll certainly be getting a pair. Is this a single release or are we getting a Green Christmas 2nd wave release for O&G?

Quote Originally Posted by Darnok View Post
    No birdy comment, but common sense: Finecast. It is a pretty low-volume model, as at most every O&G player will get two or three.
    Ahhh, bitter-sweet news, I don't know whether to cheer or cry, it looks like I'll be readying myself for a spate of returns in the new year... I'm now wondering how the official model will look next to my converted "squigadons"

Quote Originally Posted by Urgat View Post
    I suppose whiners would not buy it. I don't really care either way, I've yet to get a finecast model so I have no opinion, but I've always liked resin.
    I had always liked Resin when the only resin models I had bought were Forge World models, but compared to FW, finecast is a collosal disappointment just on the feel of the material before you even start talking about miscast rates.
    Last edited by Spiney Norman; 01-11-2011 at 09:55.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konovalev View Post
    Warseer's Warhammer General has become like a nerdy Jerry Springer. It's quite entertaining.
    Calling all AoS fans, please consider joining Warseer's first Age of Sigmar Tale of Painters

Quote Originally Posted by shelfunit. View Post
    But in the interests of having non-identical models all over the place I hope it's multi-part plastic.
    Indeed. Nothing is easier to convert than plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by xxRavenxx View Post
    Resin is indeed ok, finecrap isn't really resin well at least nowhere near the quality if the FW resin. Do yourself a favour and google some images of finecrap miscasts. I've owned 17 finecrap minis and so far 1 has been of an acceptable condition, and even then it certainly wasn't any better or indeed crisper than the metal counterpart that was previously available.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsnik, the Lord View Post
    It's nice to hear that they'll release some new thingies for O&G. Anything else coming in December? Perhaps the new wolf models people have been talking about?
    I'll post this once more - There are NO new WFB wolves currently sculpted or indeed being sculpted as we speak. W40k SW players however will be getting some soon(ish).

AFAIK mangler squigs are indeed finecrap. They're pretty big though so I'm expecting around £20 price point.

There are some other missing rare choices for some armies that have been finished for a while and are just awaiting release - as I've posted previously (cygor/ghorgon, jabberslythe etc. etc.)

AFAIK mangler squigs are indeed finecrap. They're pretty big though so I'm expecting around £20 price point.
    WTF, it had better be as big as the cockatrice for that much or I'll be sticking with my hack n slash cold ones. I was envisaging something more fen beast size/price
    Quote Originally Posted by Konovalev View Post
    Warseer's Warhammer General has become like a nerdy Jerry Springer. It's quite entertaining.
    Calling all AoS fans, please consider joining Warseer's first Age of Sigmar Tale of Painters

There are some other missing rare choices for some armies that have been finished for a while and are just awaiting release - as I've posted previously (cygor/ghorgon, jabberslythe etc. etc.)
    Along with their updated rules/points costs of course.
    Plog of Jericho - Wood Elves, Daemons, Beastmen, CSM and Whatnot.

MD: You got a christmas gift?
    House: Yeah, 'cause I worship Santa. Or wait, is that Satan? I always get them mixed up.

Awesome! I mentioned this as a rumour on page two of the Dec 2011 release Bretonnian thread (post #22) that was moved a day or so ago but was prob buried. Nice that a GW employee knew what they were on about for a change! One of the chaps I play against will more than likely be throwing a couple my way.

Oh the GW employee mentioned that it was a pretty crazy fig with squigs popping out everywhere but i may have misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Undecided View Post
    Nice one, be interesting to see what base size they place the official model on but I'll certainly be getting a pair.
    You could just read the OP... 60mm round base.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast