Wow, haven't posted since January? that's kinda bad.
Well, lots of happened, both in my personal life (not so good) and my Gaming life (I have a local club, yay!)
I've been saving these up, so I thought I'd post them all at once. Here's my Old-style Contemptor to New style Contemptor project
Last time I mentioned This Dakka Plog. It's kind of stalled now but the progress was good and inspiring:
I filed down Mr Catface's...Cat Face and fitted the Venerable Dread front. This particular one uses the wide Contemptor torso and the grated Ven Dread piece. Filing was quite easy - I keep a large-grain wood file around for these situations, where I need to take a ton of material off of a model, and it works brilliantly. This is the dry fit (you can see the blu-tak) - you wouldn't think that's a very good fit, but there's more to come:
Front fiew of the dry fit. Again, much blu tak holding it together, but you can see more clearly the files-down head area. I thought I filed it down a lot, but it apparently needs a LOT more before the conversion works properly.
There are a few stages without photos, so I'll describe what I did here as best I can:
And that left me with:
- I built up the gap between the Contemptor body and the ven dread piece with milliput. This was actually my first time using it - people aren't kidding when they say it dries like a rock! It wasn't neat by any means, but that doesn't matter
- Selected a suitable head for the Dread. The original plog called for a Venerable dread head, but the nice ones disappeared from bits sites extremely fast and the price was high, so I picked my favourite "normal" power armour head, the chaos plain studded one. I tried to push this down into the Ven Dread body but apparently I needed to file down the metal a lot more, so instead I sliced down the back and bottom of the head and squished it into some putty. Yay improvisation!
- I built up the gaps with green stuff and Procreate. It's a little messy, but that's where my future plan comes into play.
nothing spectacular, but add the Contemptor's arm and...
Woohoo! vast improvement. Lots of room to improve, but it's taking shape nicely. Kinda looks like a Warmachine Warjack, which is great!
Still to be done:
And then there's the other one (Thin Contemptor body, other Ven Dread torso):
- Smother it in Liquid green stuff to smooth out the puttywork
- Decide on what the hell to do for legs! Originals and Dread legs are too stumpy, Sentinel legs are too long. will have to think about it
- Pick a second arm!
- Maybe add some steampunky details (chimney stacks?) to go with the Warjack look
- Shave off those Imperial details
Peace out, will try to post more now I have more time for gaming.