Thread: Arduhn kämpft auch für Deutschland! (German FoW LW)

Arduhn kämpft auch für Deutschland! (German FoW LW)

Hey all, just wanted to start a log for my Flames of War stuff. I have 2000 points of late war Germans. I decided to start with 2 StuGs as that's what comes in the starter set, but I didn't paint the starter set ones first. Anyways, here they are. They still need decals and some weathering powders.

Long Live Leitdorf!

Also, I have some Samurai

And some late war Germans for Flames of War

And Dark Eldar

Re: Arduhn kämpft auch für Deutschland! (German FoW LW)

Anything with my last name will catch my eye, particularly with such beautiful miniatures. I like the off green color, very original. Are you using source material or are you going by feel?

What's planned next?

Re: Arduhn kämpft auch für Deutschland! (German FoW LW)

I'll probably be working on some Panzer IVH tanks. They are, along with the StuG assault guns, the backbone of my army. I also have some mounted infantry (Aufklärungs Platoon), Stukas, a couple of flak half-tracks, and some extras just to paint for fun, like Kübelwagens, Schwimmwagens, a King Tiger (ya baby!), and some other stuff I might be forgetting.

The colour I went with was based on what's on the box. I endeavoured to use only the Flames of War paints and such, but failed when I used Gryphonne Sepia wash. The greenish colour is actually supposed to be dark yellow (dunkelgelb), there's an article here http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=454

I started off with the late war German armour spray, then painted the spots I missed with Middlestone (from the German Armour paint set, but it's a vellejo colour as that's what the FoW sets use). Eventually, after painting the cammo spots of brown and green, I decided it was too light, and washed it with sepia, as mentioned above.

Anyways, here's some pictures of the finished product:

What's next? Hmm *strokes chin*
    Last edited by Arduhn; 15-11-2011 at 02:10.
    Long Live Leitdorf!

Also, I have some Samurai

And some late war Germans for Flames of War

And Dark Eldar