Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Dark Elf Rumours

Re: Some Dark Elf Rumours

Cold One Knights, Corsairs, Hydra, Assassins, Cold One Heroes and other Heroes, and Lokhir were released together. And then in Storm of Magic the Black Dragon and plastic sorceress were released.

Just checked the white dwarf from that release, which included:

-Corsairs
    -Cold one knights
    -Hydra

-3 new assassins
    -Dreadlord on cold one
    -Dreadlord on foot (with the pick axe thing. Greatsword came later)
    -Sorceress on cold one
    -Sorceress in swirly water stuff
    -Lokhir Felheart

For kits?
    None.

They also released the Hydra in its current incarnation, but as metal, the Sorc on Cold One, Dread Lord on Cold one, Assassin (possibly a few variants, but I think the variants came in a wave a little later), Supreme Sorc (with the swirly stuff at the base), Dread Lord (with the ritual blade and baby dragon).

Later we also got, Dreadlord on dark steed (i think as a BSB, although not sure if that's just what I bought it for), assassin variants, dreadlord variants (great weapon w/mini dragon, hand weapon in heavy armout, 2 hand weapon female).

We've been sorely looked over in the unit kit department.

EDIT: Wow, double ninja'd.

Dark Elf releases since their last book have been:

August 2008: Dark Elves (7th edition)
    Dark Elves - Corsairs
    Dark Elves - Cold One Knights
    Dark Elves - Dreadlord
    Dark Elves - Mounted Dreadlord
    Dark Elves - Sorceress
    Dark Elves - Mounted Sorceress
    Dark Elves - Assassins (3)
    Dark Elves - Hydra
    Dark Elves - Lokhir Fellheart

January 2009
    Dark Elves - Dreadlords (3)
    Dark Elves - Mounted Dreadlord

July 2011: Storm of Magic
    Dark Elves - Lord/Sorceress on Dragon
    Dark Elves - Sorceress

So, two unit kits, two big monsters (one plastic) and a range of characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by librerian_samae View Post
    Last night I attended a drugs awareness course as part of my community work, and I can finally say that yes where I live a STORMRAVEN is now MORE EXPENSIVE than the local going street price of CRACK COCAINE.
    When did GW release something? Was it plastic or metal? Who sculpted it? Come find out:Fantasy, 40K, LOTR, BFG, Blood Bowl, Epic, Inquisitor, Man O' War, Mordheim, Necromunda & Warmaster

That seems like a lot of things, but when you come down to it, the release of a heap of characters does not change your army too much. We desperately need units.

And, to me, we need characters that don't suck. Most of our character minis are horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertongue View Post
    That seems like a lot of things, but when you come down to it, the release of a heap of characters does not change your army too much. We desperately need units.

And, to me, we need characters that don't suck. Most of our character minis are horrid.
    I love the Dreadlord with the hand weapon and shield with the baby dragon on his shoulder. More Dark Elf heroes with nasty little pets wouldn't go amiss but agree with the general consensus that it's the units that need doing.

Brother Sergeant

i want Malekith multimodel pack. with a mount style for the dragon and possible a cold one. and one on foot for foot or chariot mount (although the chariot sounds crappy since we no linger have a model at all for it)

Brother Sergeant

taking with a manager today. said that he had heard a little bird talking about multiple monsters for dark elf handlers. so maybe we no longer only have hydra. but it could be dream from a GW employee. but if they did get more then it would be closer to the background then just a hydra.

Seems logical, as would allow for yet more Monstrous options for Storm of Magic. At this point, I would imagine he is wishlisting, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came true.
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfunit. View Post
    [Describing the ending of Storm of Chaos] Shower door opens, Karl Franz turns around and says "Morning..."
    Skaw's initial optimisim about Wood Elves being re-released in mid 2013 is slipping... Early 2014 ftw! [EDIT: Nailed it! ]

There were rules published in WD once for different varieties of Hydra like "Royal" Hydras or "Ice" Hydras etc. Could just be multiple types of Hydra in the kit rather than two entirely different units. Still, would be cool if they had an option for flippers to make a sea monster.
    Temple of Khaine Project Log here.

Forest Spirits Project Log here.

Vintage Kislev Project Log here

plastic black guard and witch elves would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurizdan View Post
    There were rules published in WD once for different varieties of Hydra like "Royal" Hydras or "Ice" Hydras etc. Could just be multiple types of Hydra in the kit rather than two entirely different units. Still, would be cool if they had an option for flippers to make a sea monster.
    This would make sense for a plastic Hydra Kit. I hope they take inspiration from the warmaster hydra. It looks suitably large, unlike the current one which looks like a loping horse.

Also, i wonder if the chariot multi-kit could double as a cauldron of blood. Still trying to figure out how you could make the cauldron actually look portable and still really cool looking?

Probably the same way you can make a warp lightning cannon and plague catapult look cool out of the same frame...

Dubious Dan is dubious.

Commander

A Chariot/Cauldron dual kit seems likely IMHO. Maybe the chariot will become more Khainate, so the crew models can also serve as the Cauldron bodyguards
    In victory, thy glory on earth
    In death, thy glory in heaven
    Arise, therefore, Warrior!
    With thy Soul ready to fight!

Quote Originally Posted by meowser View Post
    A Chariot/Cauldron dual kit seems likely IMHO. Maybe the chariot will become more Khainate, so the crew models can also serve as the Cauldron bodyguards
    Yes I agree, GW loves dual kits. However after seeing the coven throne/mortis engine and the Black Coach I would expect a plastic chariot, then a dual kit that can be the Cauldron and something else. Coven cauldron and kraken engine

Quote Originally Posted by Druchii Monkey View Post
    maybe even a unit of frothing slayers being herded by beastmasters.
    Just loved that! lol

Quote Originally Posted by popisdead View Post
    Yes I agree, GW loves dual kits. However after seeing the coven throne/mortis engine and the Black Coach I would expect a plastic chariot, then a dual kit that can be the Cauldron and something else. Coven cauldron and kraken engine
    In twelve months, I expect to see "kraken engine" as a new unit on these forums. Cool ideas are the birthplace of fake rumors.
    Quote Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
    GW games has never been balanced. So i think what you are looking for is chess. You can play it with painted 40k models if that would make it more interesting for you.

True **** man

Quote Originally Posted by Druchii Monkey View Post
    Also, i wonder if the chariot multi-kit could double as a cauldron of blood. Still trying to figure out how you could make the cauldron actually look portable and still really cool looking?
    It would need really good suspension to stop the blood bouncing out of the pot, unless the Druchii take to fighting on paved battlefields...
    Druchii.net for all your Dark Elf needs

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." George Bernard Shaw

∞+1 (just because I can).
    Curses! You found me!

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast