Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Dark Elf Rumours

Re: Some Dark Elf Rumours

Could see a Khainite chariot, executioners or witch elves - basically another unit that would let you take your army along that theme. It'd also be significantly different from a Cold One chariot to not just be a chariot with horses.

Yeah, a plastic witch elves chariot would be awesome. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!... I mean, for the murder god, Khaine ... lol

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Oki-slash-doki, I have more Dark Elf rumours, from the same source as the first lot and also wcorroborated with a reliable rumourmonger:
    The rumours:
    -plastic monster, possibly a hydra, not certain its for DE specifically which isn't a problem with SoM scrolls of binding
    -plastic mounted character, possibly female
    -dual kit chariot (this was mentioned by others already)
    -plastic bolt thrower
    Sorry, the plastic bolt thrower rumour is just not credible - the Finecast one is awesome and not priced at a premium yet. The current Finecast Hydra is also great, so a fat pinch of salt on a plastic one, and saying some sort of plastic beast, a chariot (which is practically the only missing Dark Elf model) and some generic mounted hero is just so vague and predictable, i just can't credit it. Also that all the special units will get done in some form at the end of 2013 is not really going out on a limb. Without specifics, even of a rumoured sort, this is complete smoke and air.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Could see a Khainite chariot, executioners or witch elves - basically another unit that would let you take your army along that theme. It'd also be significantly different from a Cold One chariot to not just be a chariot with horses.
    Witch Elves or Executioners chariot would be really cool.
    Last edited by Druchii Monkey; 04-02-2012 at 21:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Druchii Monkey View Post
    Sorry, the plastic bolt thrower rumour is just not credible - the Finecast one is awesome and not priced at a premium yet. The current Finecast Hydra is also great, so a fat pinch of salt on a plastic one, and saying some sort of plastic beast, a chariot (which is practically the only missing Dark Elf model) and some generic mounted hero is just so vague and predictable, i just can't credit it. Also that all the special units will get done in some form at the end of 2013 is not really going out on a limb. Without specifics, even of a rumoured sort, this is complete smoke and air.
    I'm not so sure that models being converted to finecast is necessarily an indication that they won't be redone in plastic down the road, especially if we're talking about the end of 2013 as a release date.

Part of the reason why some rumors seem obvious/predictable is because they are sensible. GW wants almost everything to eventually be plastic, including things that are in Finecast(especially the larger kits and those that for multi-model units). About the only thing they are unconcerned about getting made into plastic at this point in time is unique characters, but we will likely see that happen too eventually. We might see that happen with Karl Franz, though 40K has beaten WFB to the punch in this regard, there being plastic bits for making the Land Speeder of Master Sammael of the Ravenwing, of the Dark Angels.

Perhaps I missed it, but nobody has mentioned plastic Black Riders here yet? Would mentioning that be too predicable? Probably so, but it is actually an older rumor than anything here. There may a long, long lead time on the Dark Elves project, seeing as there are so many plastic kits to do for them, so that old rumor could very well have been dumped upon simply because, seemingly, nothing ever came of it. There is no reason that a variety of kits couldn't already be done and are just being shelved until "THE BIG RELEASE" instead. It will be interesting to see what the date stamps are on the plastic kits that will be coming out for the Dark Elves.

If one likes plastic kits, it stands to reason that the next full blown Dark Elves army book + miniatures release is going to be exceptional.
    Last edited by shabbadoo; 23-03-2012 at 08:59. Reason: spelling/word usage
    *Things I've Done For Retail Sales *40K Project Log *Fantasy Project Log *Airbrush Information & Advice
    40K Armies: Dark Angels Tau Orks Eldar
    WFB Armies: Vampire Counts Bretonnians High Elves
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Jones
    Epidemus, who, at the battle against Khorne, did righteously shift paradigms with the creation of a goal oriented task force that successfully reallocated Khornate resources into Nurgle driven benefits capable of sustaining them through the next fiscal quarter.

No new plastic Dark Riders would be a shame...

A tradition you mean.

At this point I'm almost going to be disappointed if they get around to making them. We're talking about a rumour that's over a decade old now, as the original Dark riders came out 15 years ago.
    That said, armed with spears and crossbows they do offer the chance of a stealth update to the warrior sprues in the same way the overly generous marauder horse was.

Sorry to say, but I don't think plastic dark riders makes sense economically. They've been a staple unit in Dark Elf armies for years (ie everyone already owns them) and only a few are ever needed (5 per unit usually). GW often revamps units that aren't good, and make them centerpieces (think Anvils of doom and Shieldbearers from 6th to 6.5) to sell a max number of models and Dark Riders simply don't fit that bill. Also, it doesn't save shelf space by making new models (dual kit). A dual plastic kit of Black Guard and Executioners is far more likely

This is not to say that it isn't going to happen, since GW is on a quest to go plastic whenever possible and the dark riders are metals currently, but its not something I'm expect.

Chapter Master Trains_Get_Robbed's Avatar

My Dragon Princes would like to have a word with you ^^
    When I was a young Warthog, we used to know the books five months before release.

All aboard the Wood Elf bandwagon!

\m/___>.<___\m/

I agree about the bolt thrower (didn't I say that in my comments? I intended to) but these are the rumours I have. Nothing about cavalry that I can recall.
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only British.
    Actual (alleged) girl. Alpha Female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes Goodwin
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dan View Post
    I'm not so sure that models being converted to finecast is necessarily an indication that they won't be redone in plastic down the road, especially if we're talking about the end of 2013 as a release date.
    It's not just that the current Dark Elf bolt thrower model is in Finecast. It is that the model is really nice indeed in Finecast with two great crew members with a nice level of detail. I know some people who use those models as heros. I don't see why GW would invest the energy in replacing a perfectly decent model, with some nice details that would be lost in plastic. I find this particular rumour therefore, a complete non-entity.

I agree about the bolt thrower (didn't I say that in my comments? I intended to) but these are the rumours I have. Nothing about cavalry that I can recall.
    Yeh, you said the bolt thrower and hydra seemed a little odd. I guess i'm just emphasising that the bolt thrower rumour for me is just so unnecessary whereas i could see them doing a plastic Hydra or other beastie. The Finecast one is awesome and they don't really need to do this but maybe a Finecast one and a plastic one would be cool - two different types of hydra. I wouldn't really want to see that Finecast Hydra go though - it's such a cracker of a model.

Quote Originally Posted by shabbadoo View Post
    Part of the reason why some rumors seem obvious/predictable is because they are sensible.
    Sorry, there will be a mounted hero, some specials redone, and maybe a chariot, and an artillery piece, and a beastie, is a fairly safe bet for a rumour for any army.
    I'm just saying some of these rumours are so thin on detail and so generic it's hard to credit. Still i'd rather hear something than nothing. The idea of a dual chariot kit no matter how vague has certainly got me excited.
    Last edited by Druchii Monkey; 05-02-2012 at 08:58.

I'm not sure what you ar expecting, these are 18 months off, we hardly have more than sketchy details of what is going to be released next month. Please don't think I'm being defensive, just saying a rough idea of what CADs are being worked on for a late 2013 release is pretty decent as rumours go, if they are accurate of course. Given the limited number of plastic kits GW produce a year it really isn't as simple as you make it sound predicting wht an army might get. Indeed if these rumours are accurate DE will be getting five or six new plastic kits, that is almost at revamp levels. This is assuming there are no surprises, too.
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only British.
    Actual (alleged) girl. Alpha Female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes Goodwin
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.

I'm not sure what you ar expecting, these are 18 months off, we hardly have more than sketchy details of what is going to be released next month. Please don't think I'm being defensive, just saying a rough idea of what CADs are being worked on for a late 2013 release is pretty decent as rumours go, if they are accurate of course. Given the limited number of plastic kits GW produce a year it really isn't as simple as you make it sound predicting wht an army might get. Indeed if these rumours are accurate DE will be getting five or six new plastic kits, that is almost at revamp levels. This is assuming there are no surprises, too.
    Sorry, didn't realise your rumour source had seen the CADs for all these kits or spoken to somebody who had. Would be great to hear more as more emerges. Still don't credit the bolt thrower rumour, at all, but the chariot kit sounds really interesting.

Mind you, maybe the bolt thrower could be cool, if they did some mega bolt thrower kit, like some sort of "hail of dark bolts" contraption - 6d6 strength 3 hits, armour piercing, on some sort of rotating platform, maybe with an "eldritch bolts" upgrade that makes the bolts magical. Throw in a couple of dwarf slaves and could be quite a cool kit.
    Last edited by Druchii Monkey; 05-02-2012 at 10:38.

Mind you, maybe the bolt thrower could be cool, if they did some mega bolt thrower kit, like some sort of "hail of dark bolts" contraption - 6d6 strength 3 hits, armour piercing, on some sort of rotating platform, maybe with an "eldritch bolts" upgrade that makes the bolts magical. Throw in a couple of dwarf slaves and could be quite a cool kit.

No, just no!

I personally would love to see a new bolt thrower and hydra as I think the current models are ugly, especially the hydra! It's big heads and gnashing teeth that are far too long for it's jaws to close. Same reason I'm not a huge fan on the Dark elf dragon as well, same ascetics. Did Trish sculpt the dark elf hydra and dragon?

Anyway thanks for the rumors eldargal much appreciated! So hopefully are get that Black Guard regiment backed up by a agent of the covenant to keep an eye on my Black ark corsair force. Now if they bring out plastic Dark Riders and Shades my army will be complete!

Quote Originally Posted by Kallstrom View Post
    No, just no!
    I think the whole dwarf slave thing would bring a great new dimension to the dark elf army. Mainly with some deadly gadgets, like a dwarven Q to a Dark Elf James Bond, but maybe even a unit of frothing slayers being herded by beastmasters.
    Last edited by Druchii Monkey; 05-02-2012 at 17:15.

Have you not seen "How to Train a Dragon" Revenent? retractable teeth are the answer

It just hit me how very few miniatures the last Dark Elf release actually had.

Just feeding into this thread regarding discussions on redoing core and dual kits the following upcoming release from Mantic:
    http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home...0-Figures.html

Also, given the recent surge from Mantic with their "Twilight Kin" will be interesting to see who gets decent Witch Elves out first - GW, Mantic, or AoW?

Come on GW, lets see a cheeky May release of plastic Witch Elves!
    I see Mantic gave up on the idea of competing with GW price-wise.
    Last edited by Tokamak; 05-02-2012 at 19:15.

I can see them replacing the bolt thrower in a similar way the high elf one was replaced. They pretty much just scanned that one and removed some of the detail. And then have the figures be plastic compatible with the newer DE kits.

Quote Originally Posted by lbecks View Post
    I can see them replacing the bolt thrower in a similar way the high elf one was replaced. They pretty much just scanned that one and removed some of the detail. And then have the figures be plastic compatible with the newer DE kits.
    Would be a shame, but not the end of the world i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokamak View Post
    It just hit me how very few miniatures the last Dark Elf release actually had.
    What kits did they release then? The Cold One Knights and Dark Elf Corsairs look reasonably new but apart from that?
    Last edited by Druchii Monkey; 05-02-2012 at 22:33.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast