Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ModernKiwi's Warhammer RPG figures

ModernKiwi's Warhammer RPG figures

First plog here and yep, just a little bit different. Been playing the Warhammer RPG (2nd Ed) off and on for the past 4 years (indeed it was the RPG that got me into Fantast Battle) and reading through the fluff of the Dreadfleet game book.

I decided that the attempt to put together the Grand Alliance and defeat the Dreadfleet would make for a good RPG experience as well as an amusing war game. We'd finished playing (and hating intensely) the Thousand Thrones campaign (or the railroad express as we called it) so the hatred of Vampires (and poorly written RPG adventures) was there and I figured the players might well spring at a chance to help slay/destroy another Vampire.

Campaign got underway on Thursday night with the players helping Jago Roth steal the Heldenhammer and sail her upriver towards Marienburg. Later I will have them help loot tombs in Khemi and many other tasks along the way until the Dreadfleet is beaten.

All of which brings me to a need for figures for all of this. I've started painting up some Zombie pirates (and the regular kind to man the Heldenhammer) and ordered the Sartosa pirate captains as well. Should keep me/us busy for the next few months anyway.

Here's some WIP's on the zombie pirates. I loath the big hands of the GW zombies, so they've mostly been swapped with Empire Militia hands/weapons. A little bit of green stuff around the heads for bandana's/headbands/tricorn hats etc.

Last edited by ModernKiwi; 23-04-2014 at 00:12. Reason: FU Photobucket
    < This post has a report Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Chapter Master Karak Norn Clansman's Avatar

Re: ModernKiwi does Dreadfleet ... the RPG

That's the spirit! This will be a fun log to follow, I'm sure about it. Campaign hobby efforts usually are special. Will you drill out the pistol barrels? There's a mould line on the crossbow, just in case you've missed it.

Thanks for the comment. I'll do my best to get rid of mould lines and so forth, but I am running on deadlines (har-har "dead"lines) here, and "perfect is the enemy of good enough". By next Thursday (1st of December) I need to have 30 or so Khemi skeleton warriors and some skeleton cavalry and something to represent an angry Tomb King as well as a crew contingent from the Heldenhammer.

Meanwhile, here's one more picture of zombie pirates.

Last edited by ModernKiwi; 23-04-2014 at 00:12.

So this Thursday, the Heldenhammer and her crew of jolly rogerers will be raiding Zandri to gather gold and jewels - all the better to buy the loyalty of Sargosa's fickle pirates. A quick "in and out" raid is the plan. Of course we all know how plans don't survive contact with the enemy. Speaking of whom, here are some TK skelington's, 25 of them in fact. I'm also working to finish 7 archers to go with them. If I can collect them in time, a unit of 10 skelington cavalry will join in too.

Apologies for them being slightly blury.

Leading the skelingtons will be this chap (a WIP at the moment) - King Amenhotep the Intolerant. I was going to buy one of the TK range of princes, but my FLGS didn't have any in stock, so this Priest will have to suffice.

And last, but certainly not least, some WIP of a few of the pirates.

Last edited by ModernKiwi; 23-04-2014 at 00:20. Reason: FU Photobucket

Chapter Master Karak Norn Clansman's Avatar

@mrtn: Certainly, it will give a lot of modelling and scenario potential.

Quite good pirates and skellies.

The weather finally behaved itself enough today after 3 weeks of rain and wind to let me take some pictures. Completed Zombie Pirates for this Thursday night - last game of 2011. Made up from a mixture of parts - Zombies, Empire Militia and Tomb King Skellingtons.

Got another 16 or so of them to finish and then I'll start on the Skellington Pirates to go with them. Got 30 VC Skellingtons for that, although I may not do all of them, nor bother with too much in the way of conversions.

Last on the list of things to do will be another box of Empire Militia painted white to be the ghostly crew of thw Vangheist.

Oh, and all the ships as well so we can later play out the Dreadfleet game too.
    Last edited by ModernKiwi; 23-04-2014 at 01:47. Reason: FU Photobucket

Cool stuff!

Do you plan to make models for the captains?

There was a cool model of noctillus on the GW blog.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...?aId=19600021a

Thanks. I bought two of the Sartosa Pirate Captains which I'll use for Jago Roth and Count Noctilus. And I have the TK Priest which will have to stand in for King Amenhotep. As for the rest of them, I will try to come up with something for the other Dreadfleet captains. No ideas yet, so open to suggestions.

Look likes an interesting theme to build a collection around, and the painting is pretty good too. Keep it up!
    Without judgement
    Perception would increase a million times
    -Chuck

. Space Wolves Plog .

.;

It's been a little while since I updated this, largely down the *********** aweful weather we've had around here. I really must invest in a light box one of these days. But anyhows today the weather brightened up enough that I could take some pictures when I got home.

Skellingtons to man the Dreadfleet - well at least the Vampire owned bits of it anyway. BTW, I really dislike these figures, they seemed to snap apart at the slightest excuse, I think I ended up assembling most of them twice.

And some Crypt Horrors - these will count as the Ghoul King and his leuftenants...

Last edited by ModernKiwi; 23-04-2014 at 00:27. Reason: FU Photobucket

Some Ghouls for Ghoul island, upon which the characters have just landed looking for Red Brock Gunnarson. Together with another 10 that are nearly completed plus the Crypt Horrors above, this should give the characters a nice challenge.

Last edited by ModernKiwi; 23-04-2014 at 00:29. Reason: FU Photobucket

Well our Dreadfleet RPG game came to a close a week back and I never did keep this up to date. So to keep this vaguely relevent, here's some other figures I did for RPG-ing. I happily rope in figures from my WFB armies too (Beastmen and Skaven in particular).

First up, finished "Capt'n Roth" and "Count Noctilus". Our game happily ended with Roth decapitating Noctilus. If you've ever played WFRPG 2nd Ed you'll know about Ulric's fury. Roth (an NPC) rolled 10, 10, 8 for his killing blow - enough even to make a vampire call it quits.

Then some gobbos and orcs. Gobbos were from a BFSP set, Orcs I got second hand from ... somewhere.

Last edited by ModernKiwi; 23-04-2014 at 01:56. Reason: FU Photobucket

And some Daemons.

Father Nurgle's favourite children...

And some Bloodletters (which luckily the characters have faced only once in all our games to date - The Ashes of Middenheim adventure.

And some Daemonette's (which they've managed to destroy/return to the warp) more than a few of. Blonde of course as blondes have more fun...

Last edited by ModernKiwi; 23-04-2014 at 02:02. Reason: FU Photobucket

Great derivation from the dreadfleet game. Your choice of models for captain Roth and count Noctilus is wise. The others are good painting-wise. So keep it up

I had a game of dreadfleet this afternoon. I introduced one of my friend to it, we played the first scenario with 2 boats each instead of just one. He quickly grabbed the rules and we did have fun and laughed quite a lot (mainly him rolling 1's all the time).
    All of this to say that it's a great game :-)
    My fantasy log : A lot of green against a feeble mind
    Models painted 2011= 45 / 2012 = 62 / 2013 = 67 / 2014 = 48 / 2015 = 22

Quote Originally Posted by Blutrache
    I'm pretty certain GW only meant Ao$ to make it easier for players to part with money rather than to make the game affordable to more.
    Quote Originally Posted by snottlebocket
    These finecast threads read like obituaries. They're just lists of models I'll never buy again.

So here are some of the Warhammer RPG character figures I have done over the past year or two. Some of them could seriously use a repaint - the tabletop life is tough...

Volkrad Mohr - Vampire Hunter, ex-Bounty Hunter. Decapitator of vampires, bare-handed decapitator of Skaven, and a danger to musical instruments everywhere.

Karla Gutgraf - Priestess of Sigmar, ex-Initiate, ex-Bounty Hunter. Weilder of Grund-Vengryn - the Hammer of Vengence.

Athelus - Shadow Warrior, ex-Entertainer, ex-Scout, ex-Vagabond. Slayer of Daemonettes. The Alpha-Elf.

Indrian - Ghost Strider, ex-Scout, ex-Outrider. Known as "he who runs away", "friendly fire", "Indiot"

Heinfred Konigsmann - Judical Champion, Ex-sargent, ex-Marine. Holding the dwarven sheild of Thrung-Klad.

Sir Ooks-a-lot - "faithful" animal companion of Thargor the dwarf (not shown). Flinger of dung, eater of dung, dwarf friend...

This is a WIP and a question all in one.

A figure I picked up second hand not so long ago with a lot of others. The slota base had Wizard and GW 1987 on it, but I can't find it on SOL. Anyone know anything more about it.

I'm painting it up as Wolfgang Scheunacht from the "Spires of Altdorf" adventure - a bright wizard travelling "incognito"...
    Last edited by ModernKiwi; 23-04-2014 at 02:13. Reason: FU Photobucket

A couple more old GW figures from the late 80's.

The Woodsman

And The Footpad - the face on this is very flat and featureless

The Norsca Marauder...

...and companions

Last edited by ModernKiwi; 23-04-2014 at 02:18. Reason: FU Photobucket

Did some more figures for our Warhammer RPG over the past few days.

Father Odo, blind priest of Sigmar From "The Ashes of Middenheim" adventure.

A Witchhunter

A priestess of Verena. I'm rather pleased with the face on this one.

One of Karl Franz's "Eyes" - his secret organisation of spys and assassins

Another chaos marauder. And this one is the most deadly of them all, he has a spear! But will he be able to decide between Nordland and Ostland for looting and pilaging?

Last edited by ModernKiwi; 23-04-2014 at 02:23. Reason: FU Photobucket

Loving your work, certainly would like to see more of this as my gaming group also uses miniatures for WFRP and 40KRP
    Tau - Kel'yr'sha Unified Cadre

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast