Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Heresy Era Imperial Fists

Heresy Era Imperial Fists - Final Pics Up !

Over the past few weeks I had decided to do a Pre Heresy/Heresy Era army for participating in the Tempus Fugitives narrative campaign events run at Maelstrom Games and Warhammer World. To date, I had always been on the Xenos side, or simply helping run the event but it was about time to take advantage of the rules expansion pack on the Legions of the Astartes that had been produced (www.tempusfugitives.co.uk).

So I done a wad at Forgeworld, added some bits from MaxMini, raided the bitz box and started painting

The general idea was to come up with a 1000 point list, and a 2000 point list and although not fully finalised, it enabled me to get purchasing and painting right away, and can tweak weapons and wargear at a later stage.

So the force was going to be lead by Sigismund, the 1st Captain. He has a side advantage of allowing me to use Vets and Terminators as Troops, handy in the campaign, at least one full legion unit of 20 models, and some assault type troops. Also, I HAD to have a LR Achilles. Iconic to the IF. And a Contemptor because they are cool.

Anyway its pictures that you all want eh?!

Cleaning up and assembly of lots of FW minis

Airbrush the base coat of the Tac squad (MkII FW models)

Airbrush base coat of Legion Veterans (MKVI with Maxmini packs)

Prep the Terminators
    Last edited by Haywiregrenade; 01-03-2012 at 18:32.
    How to build a Warhound Titan
    Robots not in disguise in my Necron Blog
    Heresy Bandwagon Heresy Era Imperial Fists Blog
    Follow my Iyanden Phantom Titan Blog
    How to build a Phantom Titan PDF
    Check out my Iyanden Eldar Army
    And don't forget my Blood Angels Army

Re: Heresy Era Imperial Fists

Turning "Filthy Brown" into lovely Imperial yellow

More Terminators

Veteran progress

Veterans pretty much done just waiting on resin base supplies

Achilles prep
    The Vindicator will actually be a Sabre Tank Hunter with a Netron Laser instead of the Vindicator shells. That will be magnetised to use in normal gaming though.

Tac progress
    Doing these in batches of 5

I really like those! Love the Grey Knights helmets and weapons on the terminators, and your painting looks great!

*subscribes*

Cheers,
    Monsterzonk :skull:

Great job on everything! You have a beautifully painted imperial fists army. I will certainly be watching with interest.your painting is so fantastic you really are giving those forge would models justice, well done
    FOR THE GLORY OF DORN, AND THE GLORY OF TERRA!
    GEARHART
    Imperial fists apocalypse log
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312080
    facebook if interested:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000074234592
    photobucket http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k520/GEARHART21/

Those are some nice and bright 'Fists. Well-painted too. I have to ask though, why the jump-veterans have Bolters? Something special about the TF-rules?
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Unwanted Forays into Mordheim! Orcs in da ruins!

You are spot on Unwanted Bolters on Vets as standard count as twin linked. Alternatively they can be used as "Foeblaster" Varients at Str5 Ap4...which is why I went with the FW box mag variety to give the impression of either type.
    The build I expect will be questioned throughout the blog as it is not what people are used to seeing. 20 man units having "Relentless" for T1 for example (except from arrivals via DS and Flank).
    I can only urge people to go download the comprehensive pack we have available on the TF website...

I was looking at this on my iPhone and decided to turn my pc on to take a better look. I really like the sound of the force organisation. The assault squads look cool with their bolters and the maxmini jump packs.

I like your yellow, its very strong and the definition between armour plates is great. Nice smooth painting is spot on for astartes IMO.

I might be ignorant but if the campaign is with maelstrom games and Warhammer World how are people getting around the certain non GW aspects of most pre-heresy armies? Is there a sanction? Is it overlooked?

I followed the link to the website too and enjoyed the fluff- got me very excited. Might go read some HH...

Historically we were at WHW when we first started Heresy era gaming campaigns. As you rightly pointed out the non GW element of much of what is "needed" to historically recreate armies of the 31st Millenium did raise some eyebrows. Initially it was overlooked to a certain extent, but I think we did begin to get questioned a little more as time went on and more and more people got hooked on the era determined to recreate battles and scenarios from the much loved HH novels and shorts. This was one of (several) reasons that since January 2011 we have moved to Maelstrom where such caveats are not restrictive leaving us to run wild on imagination and conversion without (know no) fear

Either way, I am alsoreally glad you like the work to date, both my models and the fluff on the TF site! Several other gamers at these events are regulars on this site with their Heresy armies and tru-scaling projects.
    Looking forward to continually sharing on here as I bash my way to 2k ish of yellow marines!

Veteran Sergeant

Stunning work! Subbed
    "Do we have anything resembling a plan?"
    "Ride till we find them, kill them all."
    -13th Warrior

Ultramarines IVth Coy - http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...rines-IVth-Coy

I love the Tempus Fugitive stuff; particularly The Age of the Emperor, the contents of which are really well thought out both in terms of fluff and actually making use of equipment which previously had no specific rules (like Bolter-mounted chainblades).

Already very impressed by your Fists as well, though I'd strongly suggest visting bits sites and acquiring the arms from the Forgeworld Mk.II Assault Squad models to add a greater variety of poses to your Tac Marines.

*Subbed*

They are looking fantastic. I'd like to see some individual close ups.

What else are you adding?

My oh my that is some splendid work. Your yellow is rather delightful! And the highlighting etc is really spot on.

ElTanko
    ElTanko's Spare Time - Click! - Updated 8th July 2011

ROUSING THE BRAYHERD - BEASTMEN - Updated 24th July 2011

Oh boy!!!! The banana men return!!! I love this. Sub'd for sure.

For Dorn, and the Emperor!!!!
    -POW

"These xenos think they can prey upon mankind like sheep, I intend on showing them the error of their ways" - Bulveye Wolf Lord of the 13th Great Company
    "Though the storm rages and the foe gathers about us, we are unmoved. Let them come: we are the warriors of the First Legion, and we have never known defeat!" - Brother-Redemptor Nemiel

Not much to add today, but plan on some painting this weekend for progress.

The toal models for the 2k project (with some wiggle options of course) will be

Sigismund. Not sure on the conversion yet, but possibly using the Boarding Marine from GD and/or perhaps the Fine Cast Emperors Champion maybe.

10 Veterans with Jump Packs (as already seen)
    10 Assault Marines
    20 Tactical Marines
    10 Terminators
    Contemptor Dreadnought with Heavy Conversion Beamer
    Land Raider Achilles
    Sabre Tank Hunter

On basic inspection nothing really yells amazing until the "characters" added as part of the campaign. The 2 5man units of Terminators gain Heroic Intervention (and one counts as troops), the Assault Marines have Heroic Intervention and a one shot per game Flamestorm with Relentless (the rule for the Soul Spear for fluff heads here), and the Tactical Marines can fire bolters at max range at all times even when moving.
    So the weird little things should make the list a bit more operationally functional as well as looking aesthetically pleasing to my eyes for the era setting

In addition to that core which will make up the 2 lists, i'll be painting up a couple of weapon options such as power weapons/fists and a Land Raider Mk2B which is a Christmas pressie

The total project when done WILL cease when it hits 4k. Honest :P

Thanks to all the subbers out there. Will try and keep it moving along at a reasonable pace. After all I have only till March to get the 2k done!

Veteran Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Haywiregrenade View Post

The total project when done WILL cease when it hits 4k. Honest :P

Thanks to all the subbers out there. Will try and keep it moving along at a reasonable pace. After all I have only till March to get the 2k done!
    Many an army has had the good intention of stopping when I get to... ONce you get them flowing there's something addictive to Fists

Sigismund. Not sure on the conversion yet, but possibly using the Boarding Marine from GD and/or perhaps the Fine Cast Emperors Champion maybe.
    Looking forward to seeing your take on Sigismund, he crops up in most of the Fist army's at the events but everyone has a unique vision for him

On basic inspection nothing really yells amazing until the "characters" added as part of the campaign. The 2 5man units of Terminators gain Heroic Intervention (and one counts as troops), the Assault Marines have Heroic Intervention and a one shot per game Flamestorm with Relentless (the rule for the Soul Spear for fluff heads here), and the Tactical Marines can fire bolters at max range at all times even when moving.
    So the weird little things should make the list a bit more operationally functional as well as looking aesthetically pleasing to my eyes for the era setting
    If I might pass on my thought's from using the Characters in the AotE pack - Damocharis I've not used yet, but I like the look of and plan on taking too,
    Pollux & Rynn are great, but 5 man squads with them are a little fragile with heroic intivention, you need to pick you're targets carefully Drill Sergeant Castor I used at the last event, and I really love the fluff for him, but the squad looses a lot in close combat with a sergeant that hasn't got a power weapon, I'd recomend supporting him with a tooled up designated squad leader or giving a couple of the other guys servo arms

In addition to that core which will make up the 2 lists, i'll be painting up a couple of weapon options such as power weapons/fists and a Land Raider Mk2B which is a Christmas pressie
    Ooo I'm looking forward to seeing your Landies, you'll have to let us know how you find the mkIIb for assembeling

Really nice yellows there - very smooth with the airbrush! Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

Just a suggestion - if it's a toss up between the FWOD Boarding Marine or Emperors Champion, i'd definately go with the converted boarding marine.

Some great tips Chef. Am trying to work in teleport homers as well to ensure HI goes without mishap. The DSL is the last model to build as I felt the same as you, the unit needs some close combat prowess with Castor leading. 2K is tight to gain unit buffs though unlike 2500 games previously. I may have to drop the Sabre perhaps and rely on anti tank melta and conversion beamer Contemptor.

OK this weekend was not as much as a paint fest as I planned.
    What was achieved was:
    1. 5 Tac Marines got some dull coat applied and started work on the metal areas of the backpack
    2. Finished the yellow armiour sections on Pulux and Rynn plus another Terminator. That now gives 5 with full yellowing done, and blacked in the details ready to paint them.
    3. Cast some more icons up for the storm shields of Polux and Rynn
    4. Ordered a posh Battlefoam case for them all

Still awaiting the bases to be delivered.

Pics tonight of progress

Commander

Fantistic work here, sir. Great job painting those yellows, and I love those MaxMini jump packs. Really though, this whole force is lovely. You have great abilities with a brush and a keen eye for detail.
    Keep going with this lovely project

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast