Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Engel's Eldar - Primary Color Army No.3

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Re: Engel's Eldar - Primary Color Army No.3

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    Based on the slightly rougher looking texture of the Guardian on the right I'd say that's the one that got the spray. Colourwise I can't tell though.
    I really like the red you've used though! Nice and solid colour.
    Good spot and thanks! I'm satisfied enough with the consistency that the troops will be matched with individually painted models like the Autarch and the red on the Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    hmmm I wonder if you could make the twin helix saim-hann rune? A sheet of those transfers were included in the wild riders of saim-hann five jetbike boxed set from 2nd edition. They were never printed again but I always thought that was the best rendition of the cosmic serpent rune.
    That's the plan!

I'll have an update tomorrow with the completed Rangers squad.

I said tomorrow... I lied.

Anyway - The last Ranger is done! I do need to tidy up his base a bit.

And a full shot of the entire Ranger Squad:

I'm very pleased with the start to this army!

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Rude remarks?
    Last edited by Inquisitor Engel; 09-04-2017 at 01:08.

Those are glorious.

That is all.

Niiiice. Lovely rangers, they beat mine all to heck.

So how do you get that black line on a white facemask?
    My Craftworld Yme-Loc project log
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandrila
    Let's all try to keep a bit of perspective. We're all going to buy the new book anyway. We all have models already. Why don't we actually use those models, and the new book, and play some games? Who knows, maybe we'll have some fun accidentally.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sildani View Post
    So how do you get that black line on a white facemask?
    The Rangers' and Guardian helmets were actually sprayed white, as they would be the only big parts of the models that colour and it saves time. (I taped off the rest of the Rangers) Once that was done, the 'seam' was given a couple of washes of Badab Black witha very, very thin brush. It spills over a bit, so I just touched it up with some Skull White, which gave a nice semi-highlight.

More experienced (and patient) painters than I would have worked their way up from a grey base though and... well... Not for me.

A brief update!

For $100 I nabbed 4 (count 'em 4) Falcon-based tanks off eBay. This should enable me to have a Falcon, Forge World Night Spinner (one that actually looks dangerous!) Fire Prism and a Wave Serpent.

Now the question is, do I re-use my metal Falcon bits and use the new FP turret for something else, or do I use the metal Falcon bits for something else? Or does anyone else want them?

Last edited by Inquisitor Engel; 02-11-2015 at 20:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    Now the question is, do I re-use my metal Falcon bits and use the new FP turret for something else, or do I use the metal Falcon bits for something else? Or does anyone else want them?
    I heavily suggest you use the new FP turret on the FP and use metal bits for something else. The old FP turret is incredibly heavy and uneven. While drilling out a new hole on the bottom to slide farther down the skimmer peg and move the point of weight distribution will help there will still be moments where you will bump into the table and your tank will do a kamikaze dive to the floor because the weight suddenly pitches it over. The new turret has vastly superior balance and seems to have a much greater aesthetic similarity to the super heavies.

Following Fable's advice, I ordered a Warp Hunter from Forge World because a) D-Cannons FTW and b) I got a spare Fire Prism turret out of it with which to arm my Wave Serpent. (I prefer the manned turret, two Bright lances) It arrived yesterday and it seems to not have the "rear hull plate" thing from the Mk2 Falcon kit. Emailed Forge World last night (US) with pictures and alas, no response yet. First time I've EVER had anything missing from FW.

Thoughts?

this log is coming along very nice. I to have had no problems, maybe you should phone them. They probably get alot of emails.

Wasn't going to call them, it's $4 a minute for me.

Got a reply to my email though! Here's a tip! Contact@forgeworld.co.uk DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE - It's forgeworld@gwplc.com for customer service.

They were super helpful and said the following:

Hi there. Please accept our apologies for the missing part in your order, we’ll send it out to you as soon as possible. Your replacement order number is Z209347 although this order won’t appear on your online account. Orders for replacement resin parts regrettably take a bit longer to process than standard orders but you should receive your order in roughly 7 to 14 working days. If you have any further questions regarding your order, please contact us quoting the number above.
    Not sure if they're sending a whole extra kit (I've heard of them doing that before) or just the bit that's missing, but either way is GREAT news. Super excited.

I'll be taking my Biel-Tan Falcons into the garage soon to test sprays and airbrushing. If it looks decent, I'll move onto the real tanks. After that, the former Biel-Tan ones will probably become crashed bits of terrain. I really didn't want to deal with stripping plastic vehicle hulls.

Stripping vechicles is easy, you just need a whole bottle of simplegreen in a tub. But some terrain looks cool to.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    Following Fable's advice, I ordered a Warp Hunter from Forge World because a) D-Cannons FTW and b) I got a spare Fire Prism turret out of it with which to arm my Wave Serpent. (I prefer the manned turret, two Bright lances) It arrived yesterday and it seems to not have the "rear hull plate" thing from the Mk2 Falcon kit. Emailed Forge World last night (US) with pictures and alas, no response yet. First time I've EVER had anything missing from FW.

Thoughts?
    Mmmm, Warp Hunter. Just a side note, that rear extended plate is slightly different from the standard MK II one as it has two grooves built in for the two fins. In my experience, when FW misses something they get it out to you incredibly fast. For instance I had ordered the Warp Hunter the day it came out for pre-order. I had gotten an e-mail a couple days later that in error they had sent it out without the advertised prism turret sprue... I ended up getting the turret sprue in the mail before the actual Warp Hunter.

I can't wait to see how the kit turns out for you.

A small update...

Need to tidy up the white on the helmet a little, but I like how the face is progressing so far. The rest should be a relative breeze.
    Last edited by Inquisitor Engel; 02-11-2015 at 21:06.

God, I hate you! That white for the helm and the detail work is exquisite! The red looks fantastic and I just love that model!

Looking good, the red is nice and rich and the face is very impressive.
    Currently retired from 40k due to lack of gaming.

Nice Autarch - what are your plans for his back?

I have that model but used the wings on the limited edition autarch torso... which left me with this guy. Both the Jump Generator and banner poles look a bit odd on him, so I'm not sure what to use. Tempted by the dark lance powerpack from the kabalite warriors kit.

Thanks guys! The white is done with Army Painter white spray, with Skull White when needed to cover up if something spills over. Blends and covers beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryllon View Post
    Nice Autarch - what are your plans for his back?

I have that model but used the wings on the limited edition autarch torso... which left me with this guy. Both the Jump Generator and banner poles look a bit odd on him, so I'm not sure what to use. Tempted by the dark lance powerpack from the kabalite warriors kit.
    Ah, well, I was planning on doing some freehand on one of the banner poles, but they do look a bit odd. I might just dig through the box and give him some Guardian 'vanes' and be done with it, especially as that's what I'll be doing with the other Autarch when I come to him... I'll do the poles separately and see what he looks like at least.

Annnnnd this is what he looks like!

I made his cloak two-toned as I was simply not getting the results I wanted from his back. I'll be printing some straight-line decals for the inside and outside to add some detail as my faith in my freehand is lacking. I like him, quite pleased. The black isn't actually yellow-green, that's just the light.

And a shot with a finished Guardian and Ranger for comparison. He's quite tall.

Let me know what you think!
    Last edited by Inquisitor Engel; 09-04-2017 at 01:09.

pose 3 for me

(edit : oops I didn't see the 3 pages ... )

Really nice work here. Your autarch is awesome !
    Last edited by LuciusForge; 07-07-2012 at 08:47.

He looks exquisite!

Love those green gems, it goes really well with the rest of the scheme.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast