Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer 30K: Summer Campaign

Banned

Re: Warhammer 30K: Summer Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    30K variants of what? Space Marines? Space Marine vehicles?
    1 of each legion

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkGeneral View Post
    It's designed to be an "in store" campaign, not sure if regular GW stores will be officially running them or not, I just know that the Battle Bunkers across the US will.
    I can understand them doing a limited store only campaign in the USA using existing models and FW, but if the rumour of new models is true (even if its just a sprue) why would GW limit the possible sales to just the US?

Of course they could release these rumoured models around the globe without the campaign, but surely a Heresy era sprue would sell better to the general public when backed up by the stores and WD?

This sounds really cool, and I'm betting this is where the rumors of Horus Aximand come from.

I'm looking forward to it though, especially if we get mass-market versions of the great Forge World armor marks in the form of plastic kits, and it would be awesome to see a "Dramatis Personae" kit with characters from each legion.
    Waaagh!

A box of marines from each pre-heresy legion would be great if they were all named characters from fluff or literature.
    Sent from my forehead using my Interocitor.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost21 View Post
    1 of each legion
    1 Marine of each Legion in a box? Or a box for each Legion?

The later seems pretty major if true as that's 18 boxes.

Marines are a cash cow, find a different way to milk said animal and you're laughing. Silly not to really.

the only thing ive realy heard was a special box of 30k variants
    oh n a jetbike
    1 of each legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    1 Marine of each Legion in a box? Or a box for each Legion?

The later seems pretty major if true as that's 18 boxes.
    What I heard was a box with the bits to make different legions.

But I thought this was something to do with Chaos Space Marines and the kit including various heads, spiky bits and icons to make different flavours of Chaos Marines.

It is possible this might be something different and nothing to do with this.

It is also very possible that I am confused about things.

As some of you know I am not really up on the 40K side of things and I tend to hear things by accident and not really a)take much notice. b) know what it means.

Not heard 30K mentioned before. when I read the thread title I assumed it was a typo.
    Last edited by Harry; 17-12-2011 at 11:19.
    Founding father of J.A.D.E.D. Jerks Against Directors Extraordinary Decisions.
    My Project Log "This week I have mostly been painting ...."
    My other log of Vintage stuff: "A Blast from the Past"
    You might also like: "'Ere be Giants"

if i remembered this right, the forge world seminar back in sep/oct forge world said a Warhammer 30k Campaign/Rulebook is in the works

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlaxboom View Post
    if i remembered this right, the forge world seminar back in sep/oct forge world said a Warhammer 30k Campaign/Rulebook is in the works
    That wasn't mentioned at GD UK except as something they'd like to look at doing long term. That line was taken consistently by a number of FW staff. Tony Cottrell took a straw poll for early terminator variants in the seminar and it was almost unanimous in favour. That was more of a continuation of the power armour/early vehicle variants than Warhammer 30k.

The whole Warhammer 30k thing starts to look like tempus fugitives Age of the Emperor campaign.
    "The Lost- they return?"
    "Aye, my Lord. For good or ill, the were-kin shall once more stalk the domains of Man."
    Please read the posting guidelines. Really.

RIP Jon Wilson/Brimstone. 1967-2009

If you can please donate to Jon's Gift of Hope Fund in aid of the British Heart Foundation

I find it entertaining that players think that every Campaign has to fully include every Codex. I believe the old Eye of Terror was more focused on Chaos and the Imperials, though other alternative lists existed for other Codexes.

If in doubt, call down to your local (if you have one nearby) Battle Bunker and ask the store manager about the Warhammer 30K summer...

What i'm REALLY interested in, as Harry has already alluded to, is the sprue releases for upgrades, to change basic Marines/Chaos Marines into Legion specific ones!!! I believe this is a tester trait, that GW is undertaking. And, it really makes sense. There's 9 Legions of Imperials, and Chaos. That'd be 18 different Marine Boxes (especially if each had their own Codex). Or, just one Marine and one Chaos Marine boxed set, with upgrade sprues available for purchase to make the generic boxed sets a specific Legion!
    Army of the Southern Gate
    theDarkGeneral
    T'raj the Terrible
    Khorne Legion Daemongorge

Back to stalking Kylie .. philbrad2's Avatar
    Aiding the scum of the (40K) universe... STILL!

A 'Legions' box set to coincide with the Chaos Legions codex has been muttered about for a long time so nothing really new here. Although I hope for the Legions box set(s) they do make the CSM's more with earlier marks of armour.

As for a 30K campaign next year a) GW have always said as a game they wouldn't go near 30K with a 10 ft pole b) With a new edition of 40K coming along GW dont run any campaign events as the new rules come into play.

I think this is a local thing and not a GW worldwide campaign - Look at it this way, what if there was and the Warmaster's forces won? It would turn 40K upside down. EoT advanced the 40K timeline very slightly and we're stuck now at 999 M.41. GW aren't advancing this currently and the Heresy is still an unfolding story via BL with a good few years left in it yet. FW type campaign weekends, perhaps, but it would mean FW releasing a supporting book/ruleset again unlikely as there's nothing been forthcoming from FW from memory 2012 projects would include more Guard and possibly some Chaos, DE projected IA book has been pushed back. 30K worldwide campaign simply doesn't fit with what GW have been saying for all the years I've been playing 40K. And as I say with 40K 6th ed on it way for next summer a worldwide campaign is a big no-no. My two penneth ...

PhilB
    Last edited by philbrad2; 17-12-2011 at 10:38.

Quote Originally Posted by philbrad2 View Post
    I think this is a local thing and not a GW worldwide campaign - Look at it this way, what if there was and the Warmaster's forces won? It would turn 40K upside down. EoT advanced the 40K timeline very slightly and we're stuck now at 999 M.41.
    The EoT campaign hasn't really changed a thing. Cadia is still there (with its own model range), chaos still attacks wherever the heck it wants and Eldrad still gets included in Eldar Codices despite being dead.

Throw in how the chaos horde reached middenheim in Storm of Chaos despite being beaten at every turn on the way in, and there could easily be a campaign with a preset outcome and nothing but bragging rights for the winner.

Though I still doubt there will be. A worldwide campaign that excludes Tau, Necrons, Nids and all successor chapters just isn't going to happen.
    Awesome. Awesome to the head.

Quote Originally Posted by ehlijen View Post
    Though I still doubt there will be. A worldwide campaign that excludes Tau, Necrons, Nids and all successor chapters just isn't going to happen.
    Nor should it. No campaign can possibly include every single army that GW produces without taking ridiculous methods to cram everything in.

An Imperial Vs Chaos campaign with some Ork and possibly Eldar pirates would have much more fluff consistency and would make a stronger campaign.

I can't see a Warhammer 30k campaign ever happening. Aside from the fact that the outcome shapes the entirety of 40K fluff; modern armies can't represent Heresy era armies (IG used to have land speeders for example) and it simply too large scale. There could be a small scale event (a single planetary invasion for instance) but what would be the point?

I am all for the inclusion of heresy era vehicles and equipment in the Legions book (my death guard already contains a lot of RT weapons and vehicles) and from Forgeworld but that's about it.
    Is your gaming club in Gosport or Portsmouth looking for an experienced new member with an interest in historicals but willing to play pretty much anything? If so drop me a PM.

Xenonauts the real successor to X-COM.

Death Guard Plog

Going backwards eh? Wasn't there a rumor (or rumors) going around that 6th edition was finally going to push the plotline & timeline forward a bit this time? Would seem kinda confusing and silly to be going backwards and forwards at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkGeneral View Post
    What i'm REALLY interested in, as Harry has already alluded to, is the sprue releases for upgrades, to change basic Marines/Chaos Marines into Legion specific ones!!! I believe this is a tester trait, that GW is undertaking. And, it really makes sense. There's 9 Legions of Imperials, and Chaos. That'd be 18 different Marine Boxes (especially if each had their own Codex). Or, just one Marine and one Chaos Marine boxed set, with upgrade sprues available for purchase to make the generic boxed sets a specific Legion!
    To be fair, many of the Loyalists already have kits that do that- Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Dark Angels all have plastic kits that are chapter/legion specific. We could just see more of the same- just instead of focused on armies that have books coming out, pick various legions. Just a single box set with parts to upgrade Pa and TDA models, like the current Black Templar sprue or the Dark Angels vet sprue.
    "As I've always said, Wes is wise." - Scryer in the Darkness
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

It is quite possible that they are cashing in on the very successful Tempus Fugitives weekends which run at Warhammer World in the UK.

These are specific 30K campaign weekends but are run by an external club.

However they are very poplular and there are no doubt more than enough people with Pre Heresy armies to get involved, but I suspect that as they have approached gaming clubs it will be seperate from GW.

Tempus Fugitives have a very extensive selection of campaign rules and army lists which they use at their events so I am sure GW will put something together on their events page to go along with this.

In terms of FW doing pre Heresy stuff, it is more than possible, and I can corroborate Ghost21 regarding Jet Bikes certainly being discussed as I saw proof of this at Lenton today.

I don't know if they will be making them, but they were certainly discussing them, along with other pre Heresy stuff.

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Ozorik View Post
    Nor should it. No campaign can possibly include every single army that GW produces without taking ridiculous methods to cram everything in.
    But running a campaign where certain armies aren't in the narrative is one thing, and as you say going to be a tighter narrative by not having to shoehorn every faction into being invloved (at least from a narrative POV). However running a campaign where army x can't be involved because they don't exist at this time like Tau or weren't here/awake yet like Tyrainds/ Necrons is a very different animal.
    Sorry no GW I will not pay twice the $$$ to buy from retail stores in Australia and no amount of adds to the hobby, support you FLGS bulldung is going to change the fact your charging twice as much.

Maybe a 2nd Invasion of Terra?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozorik View Post

An Imperial Vs Chaos campaign with some Ork and possibly Eldar pirates would have much more fluff consistency and would make a stronger campaign.
    Not including everyone isn't the same as exluding some people. A 30k campaign would basically mean by friend, who plays Nids and Necrons couldn't play. Of the three armies I have (Marines, IG and Tau) only the IG could play because the marines are a successor chapter. And if Xenos not getting play isn't enough, that last part is important: All those people who have not painted their marines in one of the 18 known legion colours, would not fit in any better than their nid/cron/tau friends.

Part of what makes 40k so popular is that you get to make up your own chapters/regiments/craftworlds/clans and whatnot and their colour scheme. It makes no sense for GW to launch an official campaign where the non existance of all bar 18 marine legions is a known fact.
    Awesome. Awesome to the head.

Oh no. People might have to buy new armies, why on earth would GW ever do a campaign that required that...

I see no problem with the idea, and as mush as I'd love for it to happen I do have my doubts as to whether it will.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast