Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Urgat's terrains and paperworks

Re: Urgat's terrains and paperworks

I just downloaded the file and had a closer look at the PDFs. Nice stuff there, especially liked the fish and other details.
    Guess I will be making a river for the next tale.

The bridge should go well with your roads and the tokens are a great addition as well.
    my general project thread

[2014] painted: 17, added to my collection: 84

Thanks ^^ If you could rate the file and leave a comment on the store (like say there's the bonus bridge, I totally forgot to mention it and, as I said, it won't let me edit anything now ><), that would be very welcome
    Now, what's next? Mmh... mmh

Feedback has been left, I am ashamed though that I forgot an "n". Thanks for taking the trouble to make something nice.
    my general project thread

[2014] painted: 17, added to my collection: 84

You didn't forget the n, it migrated up and kicked a h out
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.
    5 stars ^^

Here's the thumbnails, by the way, I forgot to put them:

Last edited by Urgat; 14-11-2012 at 07:43.

Smallish news: I've created a blog to act as some sort of store, for a tad more professional-looking-ish presentation:
    http://urgat.blogspot.fr/
    It's also in my sig. If you like my stuff, or me, or Warhammer, or scenery, or Peace in the World or kittens, spread the word and advertise my stuff!
    And yes, I say "we", it sounds more "pro" than "I"

Hey, So your stuff is great and your idea is fantastic.. I am a photoshop/3d suite wiz so I know what is involved in what you're doing.. Here is the best advice I can give you.. I know that you are just doing this at home, no access to any kind of manufacturing process or a marketing team and you probably don't have the dollars to get there. However, I suggest you patent your work, find a high quality industrial printer or as cheap as possible and "package" your work... You don't have to do it all at once and you will cut into your margin slightly, but right now your only overhead is your time. By printing these yourself as you sell them, YOU control the quality, you're not giving away your files so that they can be reprinted easily hence forcing some repeat business and over time you will have a more polished product that CAN be pitched to other 3rd party online gaming sites.

When you start, "packaging" doesn't need to be fancy, just clean and sturdy to keep them from being damaged..

You have the creativity and the skill to design your own package. Keep it lean and modular so that you can print them, fold them into place, put your terrain in, seal it and send it away..

I do highly suggest taking over the quality control. In the beginning you can still sell downloadable pieces just for the easy income but I wouldn't offer the big pieces that way...

Yeah, I understand what you mean, but unfortunately I have neither the money nor the time to do that.

I finally had the funds to buy the river set, just printed it (on bristol paper like you suggested), and I'm mightily pleased with my purchase : really good quality, nice details (the half-sunk boat is my favorite) ... that river will probably be christened on the table next sunday (even if it will be more problematic for me than for my Dwarf opponent ).

Thank you for your hard work ... next on my list is the roads set, but I need to buy more bristol paper and build more houses/towers/city terrain before that ...
    My log : Fantasy ** Updated 24/06/2014** with pictures of Chaosy thingies !
    Lorcryst's Sales Thread ** Updated 14/07/2014 ** list updated with a piece of Citadel history !

I'm glad you're happy with it I plan on making buildings later in fact, if you're ever interested, but next is something else. I guess I should put a preview or something, but what i have to show would be mightily misleading

Here's the new product:

The Obelisk of Dawn, meant to be used as a guardian stone from the random scenery generator. It'll work great for your generic HE scenery of course, and that's also kindda like that that WE waystones have always been depicted (hence why I chose one of my g/f's dryads to show the scale ).
    Anyway, sorry for the sloppy job, it will sound a tad ironic to some, but I'm actually not very good at building cardboard buildings, I tend to rush things. So what you shouldn't do, but I did anyway:
    -keep your fingers clean
    -don't use cardboard that has already been printed on the other side for such projects. the moment you apply glue there, it's havoc.
    -wait that what you just glued has dried before the next step. I know you want to see it completed as fast as possible, but you'll just mess things up.
    -apply the bare minimum amount of glue, and, if possible, use a non-liquid one.
    -use a ruler to cut straight lines
    -keep your goddamn fingers clean, especially if you want to wipe out a smear of glue with them, idiot!

well, all those above I've done, so sorry for the non-straight lines, the non-aligned parts, the fingerprints, the blobs of dried glue+ink mixes, etc etc...
    Should be available soon, only the instructions remain to be created. Hopefully, someone a tad more skillful than me will get it and post better pics soon. Oh, details will barely appear if your printer isn't a good one because it is very bright, better have those one printed on a laser printer at a local store, if possible.
    Attachment!: screenshot of the PDF to show how fine the details are. Notice it is zoomed at 400%. The obelisk stands at approximately 12cm tall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oodscreen.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	230.0 KB 
ID:	140511  
    Last edited by Urgat; 14-11-2012 at 07:44.

You certainly got some nice stuff going on here! Making all this will require patience and skill, great job!
    Check out my Mordheim scenery! NOW! I mean... Please... Only if you want to of course...
    Get your ale while it's still hot! And discover why Stirland should rule The Empire...
    A Sherman for scale... Boreas's FoW stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by minitrol View Post
    Words cannot describe how I feel about your gamers room soooo Best... Feedback... Ever!!!
    My bases are for sale/trade! Interested? Hit me with a PM

Your paper terrein is very interesting.
    Thx!

Ohoooo, that obelisk will certainly grace my tables ... just need to recharge the old PayPal account
    Lorcryst's Sales Thread ** Updated 14/07/2014 ** list updated with a piece of Citadel history !

Thank you thank you
    It is now available at the store (see sig) for 2 euros.

Well, here is what was supposed to be the next building, the Obelisk of Dusk (you couldn't not expect it . Count as shrine of a certain elf god of... brutal deeds and stuff):

I'm very pleased with it, it looks really cool (sorry for the bad pic). The problem is, because the obelisk is so thin, the indents are VERY difficult to glue, especially once you've closed the shape and you get to the last one. It's really very messy, so I'll have to remove the indents or at least simplify them. It's a shame, but it's really not a proper thing to put on sale. The rest is fine though, the blades look better than I was expecting.
    What says you?
    Last edited by Urgat; 14-11-2012 at 07:45.

Looks very interesting ... I'll add it to my "to buy" list for sure

Herm, my group has now played 5 games using your river set in various configurations, and we had a blast, but I have a suggestion to report : the river would be even better with "start" and "end" pieces, something like a rock formation from where the river sprouts from underground and a pool where the river ends ...

Just an idea, of course

A source is planed, it'll be with some cliff bits and there will be a waterfall too. I also plan on making some sea shores (much later), and a river mouth will most likely be included.

Good to know !

You're slowly but surely becoming my best ressource for cardboard terrain ...

Oh, by the way, don't hesitate to post pics, especially if you got battle reports, I can use positive feedback and advertising, and nothing works better than having the stuff in situation ^^

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast