Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 686

Thread: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

  1. #1
    Chapter Master the damned artificer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Viborg- Denmark
    Posts
    2,369

    Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    So I bought a bunch of forge world stuff lately, and I am going to do a small force of crusade era marines. I am probably going to do them as Imperial Fists and because of that I've painted up a test model.

    The stuff I have for the army so far are:

    -A land raider proteus.
    -A contemptor dreadnought.
    a gw 2nd ed. landspeeder.
    a bunch of FW marines.

    And then the plan is to finish my Terminator project (see sig.) and add a squad or two of termies too.

    Well on to the pics!






    Took me around 2 hours to paint him, and this is the way I figure I'll paint the entire force.

    So what do you guys think??

  2. #2
    Commander tagsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Scarus Sector
    Posts
    615

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    looks great! especially painting this fellow in 2 hours! cant wait to see the force!
    Check out my Dakka Gallery.
    including Ultramarines, Marines Malevolent, Mechanicus, Pre Heresy Stuff and lots more

  3. #3
    Chapter Master the damned artificer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Viborg- Denmark
    Posts
    2,369

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    Quote Originally Posted by tagsta View Post
    looks great! especially painting this fellow in 2 hours! cant wait to see the force!
    Thanks man, good to see you around again Judging from the feedback I've gotten so far on this guy on various fora I think it's pretty certain that I'll go with the Imperial Fists

  4. #4
    Chaplain igneous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    183

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    how did you paint the chips on the armour. they came out great
    Last edited by igneous; 21-12-2011 at 16:23.

  5. #5
    Chapter Master Bigglesworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Straight off tha streets ah' Sussex
    Posts
    1,513

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    Nice to see that you are on here as well as FW's page, My earlier comments still stand lol

  6. #6
    Chapter Master the damned artificer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Viborg- Denmark
    Posts
    2,369

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    Quote Originally Posted by igneous View Post
    how did you paint the chips on the armour. they came out great
    It's very simple, I just sponged chardon granite on and did a bit of highlighting around the chips

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigglesworth View Post
    Nice to see that you are on here as well as FW's page, My earlier comments still stand lol
    Thanks dude I've been kicking around in here a few years

  7. #7
    Commander Hellbrandt Grimm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    572

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    Quote Originally Posted by the damned artificer View Post
    a gw 2nd ed. landspeeder.
    Hum hum... Can't remember who used onu like this recently

    Nice projet mate and realy nice testboy !!! I love the Imperial Fist chapter ! I'll look at this thread every time as I'll come on Warseer...

    Keep up the good job dude...

  8. #8
    Chapter Master the damned artificer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Viborg- Denmark
    Posts
    2,369

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbrandt Grimm View Post
    Hum hum... Can't remember who used onu like this recently

    Nice projet mate and realy nice testboy !!! I love the Imperial Fist chapter ! I'll look at this thread every time as I'll come on Warseer...

    Keep up the good job dude...
    Thanks dude I'll be looking forward to seeing you around my thread :P

    And yeah, who was that who used a 2nd ed landspeeder ?? :P Hehe it was actually yours that made me decide I had to use my own :chrome:

  9. #9
    Brother Sergeant Apothecarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    46

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    Wow mate. If that was 2 hours, i would like to see what you can paint if yousit down for longer than that!

    -Appthecarian
    Dark Ravens - 3000+ Points. Unpainted. W/L/D: 15/4/6
    Crimson Fists- 1500 Points. Painted. W/L/D: 2/0/0

    Apothecarian Does Space Marines

  10. #10
    Huhu,

    Kudos on your Imp Fists! They do make the MK3 armour marks look even cooler than they are!
    Also kudos for going for a PH army! A pain to built properly, but so worth it when done!

    I have a 2nd and 1st ed Landspeeder flying around in my project log btw


    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.951413,4.551174

  11. #11
    Commander Haywiregrenade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    515

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    Someone else has joined the hallowed trail of PreH Yellow Fist action. Welcome to the club! Love the weathered look you have achieved. Only a very minor point would be a little mode depth of shading, but that could be personal preference or camera disguise.
    How to build a Warhound Titan
    Robots not in disguise in my Necron Blog
    Heresy Bandwagon Heresy Era Imperial Fists Blog
    Follow my Iyanden Phantom Titan Blog
    How to build a Phantom Titan PDF
    Check out my Iyanden Eldar Army
    And don't forget my Blood Angels Army

  12. #12
    Chapter Master the damned artificer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Viborg- Denmark
    Posts
    2,369

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apothecarian View Post
    Wow mate. If that was 2 hours, i would like to see what you can paint if yousit down for longer than that!

    -Appthecarian
    Thanks mate, and let's see when I start on the contemptor dread

    Quote Originally Posted by Residual Selfimage View Post
    Huhu,

    Kudos on your Imp Fists! They do make the MK3 armour marks look even cooler than they are!
    Also kudos for going for a PH army! A pain to built properly, but so worth it when done!

    I have a 2nd and 1st ed Landspeeder flying around in my project log btw


    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.951413,4.551174
    I think I'm at a point where I'd like to do a pre-heresy army, and do it properly But since I don't game there's no pressure to finish it fast or even make it game legal so it'll get a lot of fluff love


    Quote Originally Posted by Haywiregrenade View Post
    Someone else has joined the hallowed trail of PreH Yellow Fist action. Welcome to the club! Love the weathered look you have achieved. Only a very minor point would be a little mode depth of shading, but that could be personal preference or camera disguise.
    Thanks dude, the shading is a bit more deep irl, but yeah it's a matter of personal taste I guess all the nice yellow in your threads finally got to me

  13. #13
    Chaplain igneous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    183

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    thanks for the tip. will have to use that one

  14. #14
    Chapter Master unwanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,519

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    Heeey, TDA, this looks sorta familiar, but very nice. Good work on that FW-marine, looking forward to seeing more of these.
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

    Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

    Unwanted Forays into Mordheim! Orcs in da ruins!

  15. #15
    Chapter Master shaw3029's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London England
    Posts
    1,407

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    Looking good!

    Iron Warriors and Imperial Fists seems to be getting popular

    Looking forward to seeing the Land Raider and Contemptor Dreadnought. I've just ordered one for myself and am eying up the new armoured Landraider.

  16. #16
    Chapter Master the damned artificer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Viborg- Denmark
    Posts
    2,369

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    Quote Originally Posted by igneous View Post
    thanks for the tip. will have to use that one
    Make sure to show your results here on warseer and let me know then

    Quote Originally Posted by unwanted View Post
    Heeey, TDA, this looks sorta familiar, but very nice. Good work on that FW-marine, looking forward to seeing more of these.
    Hehehe yeah I couldn't resist the urge to paint yellow And hopefully there'll be a contemptor dread soon for you guys to see

    Quote Originally Posted by shaw3029 View Post
    Looking good!

    Iron Warriors and Imperial Fists seems to be getting popular

    Looking forward to seeing the Land Raider and Contemptor Dreadnought. I've just ordered one for myself and am eying up the new armoured Landraider.
    Thanks dude, yeah they are getting really popular The new fw kits are so great, and I am already planning on getting a deimos predator and one or two of the deimos rhinos

  17. #17
    Chapter Master FabricatorGeneralMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    BC( Bring Cash)
    Posts
    1,244

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    If you put as much attention to detail on these PH IF's as you did your titans and mechanicus stuff this will be amazing.


    I can't wait to see what comes out of your Forgeworld TDA =o]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombot View Post
    You call yourself FabricatorGeneral, yet you cannot clone yourself?

    Strike deserved. Clearly you lied on your CV.
    Proud member of J.A.D.E.D. thanks Harry

  18. #18
    TANKAHOLIC SDKFZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Scania/Sweden
    Posts
    7,416

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    Darn, missed this one

    Nice marine, like the battered look on him. Didnt see that he had a mechaical arm til i looked the second time
    Cant leave the admech completely, can you

    Looking forward to see how you do your tank,dreadnought and speeder.

    / SDKFZ

  19. #19
    Chapter Master the damned artificer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Viborg- Denmark
    Posts
    2,369

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    Quote Originally Posted by FabricatorGeneralMike View Post
    If you put as much attention to detail on these PH IF's as you did your titans and mechanicus stuff this will be amazing.


    I can't wait to see what comes out of your Forgeworld TDA =o]
    Thanks mate I don't plan on converting this force as much as the other projects I've done, this is mainly an outlet for a very big desire to paint yellow marines and pre-heresy stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by SDKFZ View Post
    Darn, missed this one

    Nice marine, like the battered look on him. Didnt see that he had a mechaical arm til i looked the second time
    Cant leave the admech completely, can you

    Looking forward to see how you do your tank,dreadnought and speeder.

    / SDKFZ
    Good thing you found it then buddy hehe

    And no, I have a hard time leaving the augmetics behind... So I'll probably have to make a pre-heresy techmarine as well

    I'm working on the proteus atm, it's a nice kit but the track sections are so horribly annoying.... but I'll manage :P I should be able to start painting the proteus and contemptor on the 25th when I get home from Christmas at my mom's place :P

  20. #20
    TANKAHOLIC SDKFZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Scania/Sweden
    Posts
    7,416

    Re: Conquer the universe! Pre-Heresy space marines.

    Sounds great ! Looking forward to that update then, Mate.

    Have a nice Christmas, Mate !

    / SDKFZ

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •