My name is LOKI73 and I have an addiction to plastic crack! To be honest, I have allot of armies and have had allot of armies over the years, not just GW, hosts of other games and do-dads. I recently got married and I love my wife, she is very supportive in my hobby. I manage my time between work, hobby and family time. Gone are the days of up all night paint-a-thons. New army of the month club, I will have to say good bye too thee.
The old me would buy allot for each new army that struck my fancy. I over bought and didn't use stuff, then sold it on ebay. Iíd assemble whole armies paint a few of the models then sell them on ebay.... rinse and repeat. This was financially irresponsible. Not only that Iíd play with the models for months sometimes 1/2 done. Until I grew board.
I see this allot in gaming, masses of unpainted armies pouring over the tables. Now I know everyone is not a painter but even the basics can be learned and executed quickly. Now donít get me wrong I have completed projects too, I have 2000k in grey knights painted. Before that it was Eldar.
Before that it was Tau then Space Wolves. But that spans over ten years.
Having a family, things change of coarse and I want to be better at things. So I have decided to change my habits in the New Year.
1. I will no longer buy armies/models in masse.
2. I will limit my allowance to $40 a month, subject to the requirements of the family.
3. If I can I will use my commission monies only to support my hobby and or trade/ private sale.
4. I will take a look at my current armies later and trim the fat. See what I use see what I don't. I will not be selling whole armies unless I really feel like I no longer want them.
5. And this is important! I will finish projects! Let me say this again! I WILL FINISH projects!
6. I will buy in reasonable increments and paint accordingly. I.E. if I have the money for only a box of savage orcs. Ill buy them then paint them. But until they are finished I will get nothing else. So monies will be spent sometime in the first week of each month when time permits.
For now most of my armies are in the garage, not in my house. I'm not staring at a bajjillion unpainted figs!
I know I know, " but your starting another army!?"
Well, this is a test of my patience. Can I hold to a budget? Can I complete a project? Hopefully the discipline I learn from this will get me to finish the other projects I have and maybe bring back the excitement of the hobby for me.
So I will be starting and logging my progress to keep accountability. My goal is to reach 2500 points of painted ORCs. Why fantasy? Well I havenít completed a fantasy army scince 1993! I have a 40k army thatís done and one close to being done!
So cash on th gaming envelope is zero!
I have on the desk 5 boar boys and five savage orcs.
Heres what hope to mass up:
X12 boxes of savage orcs
River trollz box (cause theyíre cute)
X1 box of savage boar boys
BTW please donít say, ď donít take this or that in the list.Ē Really I donít care im doing this army for the fun of playing and modeling not being competitive. Thanks a bunch Ill have pics up soon!