Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Demo's necromunda blog!

Re: Demo's necromunda blog!

I've updated my yakromunda sheet, the gang rating took quite a hit with two men dead. Now I'll have to figure out how to re equip my gang.
    Nurgle renegade guardsmen project log, now also a general chaos/daemons log Update 13-04-2013 Plaguereaper and the promise for more

Quantity is a quality all of it's own.

Chapter Master

Thanks astra

Yea the sprinting ganger had gotten me to worry about stopping him in time. The turn before Fawful pulled his gang out I got a lucky hit! That extra -1 modifier is nasty, specialy if hes behind any kind of cover...

Why is combat master any good though? Isent it only usefull if your swarmed by the enemy? The extra weapons on Dave are just sick compared to what he had before! S7 24 inch 1 sustained fire dice instead of 1 S4 24 inch shot a turn. Huge increase in firepower. Even on low energy the weapon is alot more lethal but its range is shorter... Its ammo roll is also ALOT beter then an bolt shotgun round!

It seems il have to rework some models (again) Dave is getting a huge overhaul and Froggy gets a completly other kind of weapon loadout. The only one whos got a straight forward change is Shorty, who gained a bludgeon/axe/whatsamagit. Since hes already S4 and has got a sword already the axe adds a nice punch, giving him some S5 hitting power in combat

I feel for you fawful Those zombies were relentless! Dennis also lost some men to the zombies but they dident die afterwards hes still packing the highest gangrating (allthough im hot on his heels now) and some of his combat gangers got even more terrifying. Hes got 4 men with parry alone not even mention their other skills (parrying with a great axe? Really? )

Maybe the game will give him a reason to finish his gang sooner then later eh? Having 3 headless gangers as models and proxying the others doesent really make clear what weapons they got
    My Necromunda log, Shedan's Skullbashers! click me - 30-07 terrain update
    My Empire log, Altdorf mountain patrol -> click me - 24-6 artillary updated
    40K campaign with friends! click me started date 01-11-2013

The UK, somewhere between Weston-super-Mare and Bristol

Combat master does indeed only come into play when outnumbered, but when those moments do turn up it's golden! Having a WS of 4 or higher does help though. Choose your fights well with a combat master and when given a power sword they'll cleave through their foes like a hot knife through butter. Or me through a bag of liquorice allsorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixguard09 View Post
    Anyone else think it odd that I compared religion to fried chicken and softdrink?
    Quote Originally Posted by kublai View Post
    I think you should take Astraeos advice.
    Astraeos' Other Stuff!- http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...72#post6238572 featuring Soda Pop, Bushido, Malifaux and Infinity! Also features a link directory to my Ostlanders and Space Wolves.

Chapter Master

Hmmm liquorice....

My leader got actually in a combat with 2 zombies, twice. In the first combat he took a zombie down and in the second case they tore him down, mostly because of poor rolling on my part though. The first zombie om nom nomed him Only having 1 attack really hurts him! Specialy if you roll a 1 and the zombie rolls a 5.... (incidentily, thats how all the other peoples gangers got eaten by zombies as well!)

The characters with step aside though are very tough! That save is very, very good! It kept meatgrinder alive (and kept him from beeing wounded!) and as a result my right flank was safe Meat and Shorty will be the only characters that I will be keeping geared for combat. I think 2 of such characters are plenty! In this game with the zombies combat was happening all over the place! In normal games... Not so much

Some of the other gangers have shown some really nice advancements towards shooting. My sniper Duncan beeing the prime example and Jose in close second. BS 4 is a godsend! Like I said earlier Shorty now has 2 attacks, fast shot and his shotgun I can see him beeing much more of a threat! Likewise 2 characters with hip shooting might be a nice pairing as well. They can advance and still keep firing their guns (although with an extra modifier) can be really nice if something is in the open or running towards an objective marker! Will give me much more mobility and still pose a shooting threat at any rate.

My ranged shots seem to hit with 5's or 6's regardless of what roll I actually need or perhaps I was on a roll yesterday?

As is always the case though, after a game of Necromunda im already looking for my next fix why must all these people have a life damnit

My leader and shorty will be absent from the next game due to the zombieflu and ive got like 5 people with old battle wounds... Somehow I dont think it will end well for me But I digress, its part of the fun right? I do have some questions though, if your gang leader isent present, but you win, does he still get the 10 xp that most scenarios award him? In a simular fashion if hes not present then whos the "leader"? Or do I just pick the highest leadership around from a random ganger? (which is 7 across the board btw, so if I have to take LD tests im boned! )

Hip shooting is great, even better when paired with marksman and a bolt gun featuring BS4! I got to use a guy like that during the last campaign, he was great at keeping opposing heavies pinned in place!

OK, to answer your questions we do have hamburgers and french fries in England, but we call them chips. Wait, wrong question!

Yes, your leader still gets the nice, juicy 10 exp for sitting on his butt at home watching ESPN moaning that "It's hurting again" while his boys go out and do the hard work. But that's all he'll be getting, no D6 for surviving. Heck, if he's kept away with his OBW and you keep winning games he'll advance without doing a damn thing! Except watching ESPN and saying "It's hurting again".
    You use the next highest leadership, exp doesn't count here.
    Anyone else think it odd that I compared religion to fried chicken and softdrink?
    Astraeos' Other Stuff!- http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...72#post6238572 featuring Soda Pop, Bushido, Malifaux and Infinity! Also features a link directory to my Ostlanders and Space Wolves.

Chapter Master

Saweet! I love french fries!

Even if theyre not from France but from Belgium

My GL luckily doesent have an OBL. Dennis does however but the bum never stays home

If Fawful is checking the topic out when are you free for a game? we can do that fantasy match first if you want

*sighs* this game is worse then some drugs........ Since it isent so readily available

You should really suggest you meet once a week, or every two weeks if that works out better.

Chapter Master

Ive tried that. My group however is unable to tie themselves to a weekly er...thing due to school, work and girlfriend pressures...

Ive also got a model update (I swear the world is about to end!)

Ive decomissioned Dave, Shorty and Froggy and updated them to be WYSWYG! For some of the models this went more shmoothly then for the others. Dave in particular fell apart when I so much as touched the model. Froggy did come loose from his base but the arms and head could be easily snapped off. Shorty I dident have to remove anything but I added the axe that previously hang from Dave his belt

I rather like the end result!

Dave looks alot more like aleader now that his gear has been upgraded! No longer will he be outdone in shootyness (except perhaps by Duncan )
    Froggy looks pretty beastly running around with that shotgun. I also reposistioned his head so thats hes looking in the direction that hes running
    Shorty eh... I could only hang the axe on his belt but on his back... So eh, not the most ideal palce to put a weapon that you might need to grab in a pinch

The only thing I regret is that my gang is so lacking in shotguns Only froggy and Jennie have one (and Jennie is a merc, she doesent count!) So if I FINALY get that last juve I might have to get him a shotty (or better yet just get a ganger.... It costs more but they have all the right advancements! At least a base of BS3 is somewhat decent... and I dont need to roll that damn 6 at the end of the game.... )

Anyway ive added pictures so you can see for yourself
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dave 2.0 - 1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	373.2 KB 
ID:	135200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dave 2.0 - 2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	371.4 KB 
ID:	135201   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Disassembly - 1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	391.2 KB 
ID:	135202   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Disassembly - 2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	418.9 KB 
ID:	135203   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Disassembly - 3.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	371.9 KB 
ID:	135204  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Disassembly - 4.jpg 
Size:	355.9 KB 
ID:	135205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Froggy 2.0.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	431.8 KB 
ID:	135206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shorty 2.0.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	376.6 KB 
ID:	135207  

Shorty's sword is shining so brightly! It's a great advantage these multi-part plastic models have that you can easily dismantle and re-equip the models. However I'd be hesitant myself to take apart anything painted!

Chapter Master

His sword IS shiney

I actually intended to make new models for versions 2.0 as ive got plenty of bodies and spare parts. Then I realized that I was beeing retarded and just ripped the arms off instead! Repainting arms is still alot less to paint then full models I think that the juve/ganger with shotgun will actually re-use the old model that I used for my gangleader I have him lying around, no reason not to use it right? Im also planning on getting my sniper a boltgun asap! Hes currently very much a threat at hitting things, sadly hes just not wounding anything

Would give me the following weapons:

Plasmagun
    Heavy stubber
    flamer
    1 autogun
    1 boltgun
    3 lasguns
    2 shotguns (3 if you count Jennie)
    2 pure combat gangers

Not bad I say Plenty of versatility. Got a team of 3 (flamer and 2 combat gangers) to take care of anything that gets to close and can take a podshots at range to keep my opponents head down Im considering getting a heavy/special weapon for my 2nd heavy but since hes got a old battle wound im not sure on what to take... The cheapest ranged weapon would set me back a further 70 credits (2nd plasmagun) and he has no ranged advancements. He has 3 base attacks on his profile... Perhaps I should give him a shotgun instead of the new juve? He would be pretty adapt at taking care of himself (or rather would have plenty of attack at least )

A funny note btw, aside from the boltgun (and bolt rounds for the shotty) all weapons have a 2+ ammo roll muwhahaha

Chapter Master

Ive gone nuts again! Im updating yet, AGAIN!

This time ive finished Jose's paintjob. Ive added 2 pictures with meat added to show his different coloured skin (in my next post as i forget to add them here) I love how small touches like a head with a moustache and different coloured skin can make the model come to life

Ive also integrated the (small) addition to shorty by finishing the only thing that still needed to be pained on the axe. The handle

Not a particular huge update but still Im showing that im not just sitting on my **** over here listening to music and comedy shows. Im listening to music and comedy shows while painting

On a different note, at this moment only 4 of my gangers are (fully) painted. Leo, shorty, meat and Jose are done. Ive added some liquid greenstuff to Bill's arms (love the stuff ) to fix the gap between torso and left arm that my brother has been nagigng me about. Froggy and Dave have gotten an arm switch (see last few posts here). Duncan has been sitting collecting dust and I havent completed him yet. Im more or less waiting till I get him that boltgun so I wont have to paint his arm for nothing For JJ I also just made a new model. Alex and fred are still just basecoated as is Jennie.

Huh. Even with so few models it takes alot of time to paint them if you keep reworking them
    Last edited by Demoulius; 15-03-2012 at 12:36. Reason: fixed some typos

Please don't say retarded, I find it offensive.

Your gang is looking very balanced there mate. Deciding on a weapon for an OBW Heavy is a bit of a conundrum really, but then again it is a 1 you have to roll after all. Maybe it's a case of taking a tactical risk here. Sure he will be absent now and then, but when he does show up your gang may be the better for it. Perhaps a second Heavy Stubber?

Chapter Master

Sorry there mate. Sometime I get a herp a derp moment and can only describe it with the earlier mentioned word...

Having a second heavy stubber would indeed be nice. Since I will be saving up for the weapon though I want it to be extra special, since it will take me some 5-6 games to save up for (most likely) I think the grenade launcher would be even more awesome Its abit more expensive (40 creds) BUT has a potential to damage even if you miss and to hit multiple targets no less without you having to devide up shots

Ive added the pictures that I forget to include with the last post. Does Jose look ok? I think he does but then again im biased, its my model

Name:	Jose front (meat for colour difference).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	447.8 KB 
ID:	135437   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jose back (meat for colour difference).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	362.0 KB 
ID:	135438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shorty 2.0 back.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	345.8 KB 
ID:	135439  

Chapter Master

Niels, the zombie player from our last big game might be joining the group! Yay if he goes online today on msn I might be able to help him make his gang list

He seems set on van Saar but we'll see how it goes already made a little gang on paper that he might like.

Leader with plasmagun, chainsword and back up laspistol - 230 creds (almost a quarter of his total credits though )
    heavy with heavy stubber, lasgun - 205 creds
    heavy with flamer, autogun - 120 creds
    ganger with lasgun - 75 creds
    ganger with shotgun, manstoppers - 75 creds
    ganger with shotgun, manstoppers - 75 creds
    ganger with autopistol, knife - 65 creds
    juve with autopistol, knife - 40 creds
    juve with autopistol, knife - 40 creds

-edit-

after talking to him over chat we came up with this:

leader with plasmagun, chainsword - 215 creds
    heavy with heavy stubber and autogun - 200 creds
    heavy with plasmagun and autogun - 150 creds
    ganger with shotgun and manstoppers - 75 creds
    ganger with knife and autopistol - 65 creds
    juve with laspistol and knife - 40 creds
    juve with 2 knives (he ran out of credits) - 30 creds

1000 creds on the dime. He wanted a little more firepower so snuck in the plasmagun instead of the flamer on his 2nd heavy. Still 5 gangers for terretories and still 2 juves that might end up beeing good :P

Seems a pretty awesome list to start the campaign with ^.^
    Last edited by Demoulius; 15-03-2012 at 20:48. Reason: he adjusted his own list :3

Looks like a good starting list, but to be honest I'd try and put a pistol on that one juve. Maybe drop an auto gun from one of the heavies to get a las (or auto) pistol for him? The heavy stubbier is really reliable so I wouldn't worry about ammo rolls right now. But then again he could just leave his juves behind a wall for the first few games, it's what I did when I bought Jazz!

Don't those Greatswords heads work out well on those plastic guardsmen?

Chapter Master

Yea I love the greatsword heads! They fit in so well with catachans! How did Jose's skintone work out? I think it looks pretty good

Looking for the creds to take a pistol seemed like a good idea but he seemed to love the idea of a madman running forward with 2 knives

I also directed him towards yakromunda btw but he was confused by the website or something. He'll probably try again tomorrow I think.

In other news, Bill and Froggy are back up to having a complete paintjob!

The liquid greenstuff on Bill's shoulder came out abit wonky (forget the stuff shrinks when it dries...) but you only see it if you look up close! And Froggy just looks awesome with that shotgun and those accesories! Adding a pouch here a canteen there can really make a model come to life small changes but it works somehow... Perhaps because the large area isent the same colour anymore? Who knows

I think il finish Duncan tomorrow. He doesent need so much work anymore to finish. Then JJ, my 2 heavies and Jennie. Dave is missing the next battle anyway so il prioritize the ones that arent

Also coming back to the OBW discussion: youd be suprised at how many times my heavy fails it. He got it from the first game and missed about half of the games that I played sames goes for the OBW on Meat. For some reason they are content to sit at home and eat icecream while watching their soaps or something <.<

Funnily enough the best win that I got was without that heavy stubber... Ive lacked the firepower so many times that I dont rely on it! Also ive given it to my 2nd heavy Alex who hasent gotten injured yet. And hopefully wont get injured (hope i dont Jinx myself...) switching heavy weapons was a pretty good idea!

Name:	Froggy 2.0 and Bill back.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	457.3 KB 
ID:	135491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Froggy 2.0 and Bill front.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	427.2 KB 
ID:	135492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bill shoulder.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	413.5 KB 
ID:	135493  

The skin tone seems ok, but I'll admit that I'm no great painter. Yakromunda can seem confusing at first, but if he keeps trying he'll get the hang of it.
    I agree that pouches, grenades, holsters and knives hanging from the waist do indeed let a model spring to life, it's something I learnt while putting together Hawke's men. OBW's do have a habit of keeping people you want away from games, my heavy stubber girl Titania ended up with one and missing a few games. It's only a 1 in 6 chance, how do they keep beating the odds?
    She took forever to get anywhere, but when she did get somewhere she turned quite useful. BS4, Bulging Biceps and Inventor is quite a desirable combination!

Chapter Master

Yea thats what im trying to figure out!

Inventor is nice though! Even if for the simple fact that you dont have to join the battle to use it in the end-game sequence My gangleader has it (actually got it the game he became leader!) but so far hasent invented anything yet

Update time yet again! Ive finished painting 2 blondes!

Like I said yesterday Duncan dident need so much work so I decided to finish him. His face came out looking abit pale and grim though but since he causes fear (due to horrible scars) it more or less fits in

The other blonde is Jennie! I saw her model standing there and thought "wait a sec, shes like 95% robe! YES I can paint that no problem!" and er...well I did

She dident quite looks how I expected though. But then again it was a pretty drastic conversion! Im glad to say though that the flaggelant bodies have pretty small waists and a big bum so with my greenstuff work to improve on that she pretty much works the part

I overlooked some er....strange thing on the dark eldar head but decided to paint that as a scarf. The overall model looks very nice and very different from the rest of my gangers. Its not hard to tell which one is the merc here

8 out of my 12 total currently used models are now painted (though I havent done the bases yet) if I keep this up my gang might be fully painted one day

Name:	Duncan front.jpg 
Size:	451.8 KB 
ID:	135581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Duncan back.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	450.5 KB 
ID:	135582   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jennie front.jpg 
Views:	589 
Size:	387.9 KB 
ID:	135583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jennie left.jpg 
Views:	585 
Size:	337.0 KB 
ID:	135584   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jennie right.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	398.9 KB 
ID:	135585  

Gotta say that Jennie does indeed have quite the posterior!

Chapter Master

I know right I can never look at flaggies the same again!

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast