Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A new years resolution - painting challenge

Re: A new years resolution - painting challenge

Really liking those undead, especially the turquoise on the chariots. How did you get the tone/shade? Really trying hard to make it for my ogres armour rust...

@Echunia
    Ehm, well actually most of my painted stuff (the archers and the bolt thrower) were painted before we started this challenge, so actually during this challenge I've painted a white lion and the noble (and assemble few archers and all the white lions). So I think I really will need all the time = D
    Thanks for the compliments regarding the cloak! Well yeah it does kinda look bit wood-elvish, but as the idea/fluff behind my army that they are kinda forgotten/lost civilisation of high elves left behind to the forests of empire, so they do look bit more like wood elf when compared to your basic high elf. And that would be doubly true with this ranger noble, as he is truly a man(elf?) of the woods.

@Roostmanuva
    Thanks!

@The Lost Hobbit
    Thank you!

And well no pictures this time around either.. I think next time I will be putting up my own stuff will be when I finish the white lion unit, and well it may take some time.. Unless of course if you want pictures from the minis from different angles ect. Feel free to ask!

Great painting!

Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkka-Pop View Post
    @Echunia
    Ehm, well actually most of my painted stuff (the archers and the bolt thrower) were painted before we started this challenge, so actually during this challenge I've painted a white lion and the noble (and assemble few archers and all the white lions). So I think I really will need all the time = D
    Thanks for the compliments regarding the cloak! Well yeah it does kinda look bit wood-elvish, but as the idea/fluff behind my army that they are kinda forgotten/lost civilisation of high elves left behind to the forests of empire, so they do look bit more like wood elf when compared to your basic high elf. And that would be doubly true with this ranger noble, as he is truly a man(elf?) of the woods.
    I see, so you might say he's a... lumber jack?

Oh, I also wanted to compliment you on the wonderful pelt on the white lion. The black spots really make it look like real fur! It really makes the model distinct, I think. Great work on all the gems as well! I can't imagine painting that on every model xD
    To many models and to little time

Models painted 2013: Infantry:5 Cavalry:0 M. infantry/cavalry/chariots:3 Monsters:0 Characters:0 (Updated 09/08/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RanaldLoec View Post
    The winds of magic runs like a bloke with a kidney stone going to the loo.
    Not allot comes out and its painfull.

The copper rust on that priest is good and I like that you've painted the chariots to have animal hide coverings.

So, it seems I didn't get the rock lobber ready, but instead here's the first troll:

Well, he isn't very colourful.. Should I paint his loincloth with more different colour from his skin..?

And what do you think about the skin? Myself I'm semi-satisfied with it.

And here's a better pic of the vagon in the gobbo-unit filler:

So, what do you think?
    Last edited by mummomikael; 14-01-2012 at 07:16.

For some reason my last post didn't bump this topic up..:s Hope this will..

Here's the Rock Lobber. I scratch-built it using wood and some other scratch.
    Here it's unpainted:

And then painted:

Any feedback about it (and the Troll)?

Excellent use of different bitz and model on that rock lobber. I like it very much. The black orc is a cool addition too
    My fantasy log : A lot of green against a feeble mind
    Models painted 2011= 45 / 2012 = 62 / 2013 = 67 / 2014 = 37
    Quote Originally Posted by snottlebocket
    These finecast threads read like obituaries. They're just lists of models I'll never buy again.

warhammer or warmaster units?

@ The Lost Hobbit, Student, mdiscala, Roostmanuva
    Thank you very much, I'm now painting 21 archers, hoping to get them finished tomorrow. After them only Screaming Skull Catapult left : 0

@ Cragum, Echunia
    First I do a basecoat of dwarf bronze, then add thick layers of hawk turqoise, then thin layers of watered down hawk turqoise/goblin green mix then I add some dheneb stone aswell to the mix and do thin layers of it, sometimes stippling with the brush.

Normal rust to Iron is quite easy to do with just layers of watered down browns and oranges, sometimes mixing them together.

Now I got my army general ready:

I think I'm very satisfied with this. What do you think?

I have left only the second troll and the savages. But I'm afraid they will take very long time...

Nice to see some progress Mummo!

I've now painted those archers I promised, and made also some improvements to the priest. Enough talking, let's get rocking!

first, I give you the "whole army" -shot

First group of archers:

...and the second one

My priest Kherneb:

Yes, skeletons are quite speedpainted, but cmon, they are so cheap and "meaningless" unit :P

Every comment is really appreciated!

Great looking vintage model for a general you have there.

The painting itself is very solid and well done, but the base is maybe kind of bare. Do you plan of adding some more stuff in it? At least when he manages to do something heroic enough? = D

And good luck for the laborous converting of the trolls and savages = P

A great group of painters here. I will keep an eye on your progress.
    Good stuff so far, keep it up!
    Currently Painting: Ork Trukk + BW. Currently Playing: Dead Rising 2 / Borderlands 2
    Currently Reading: HH16 / Age of Legend Currently Listening to: Dresden Book 3
    My Vampire Painting Log: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...ire-Counts-Log
    My Nurgle Warriors Log: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...e-Warriors-Log

@Bunkka-pop: I didn't have any idea for the base.. Of course I could have put some skulls, but... Right, I think I'll put there something when he does something heroic

I really like that there are four separate armies to track on this thread! Keeps it very interesting indeed.

TK - Dude, you've painted this little force very swiftly! I'm impressed. I really like the work on the Chariots, and the weathered look of the Liche Priests staff. Nice job.

Orcs and Gobs - There are some classic models in this force - I love it, particularly the general. Huge effort building you Rock Lobber too, its a great job!

Lizards - I want to see more! I actually think the colour scheme is really strong, and love your skink. V nice work.

Elves - Awesome painting so far. The colour scheme is lovely and the detail is very impressive. But its the smoothness of the painting that really makes the models! Great work, please do keep it up.

@Morkyerme: Have you considered 'borrowing' some spare heads from your friends armies to add to your screaming skull catapult? They used to have that heads of the enemy upgrade. I thought that might be quite cool for a campaign . The painting looks fantastic especially en masse!
    My random painting log: HereBeDragons' Paintathon

Break even Painting target 2012: 212 models. Number complete: 212 !!!!!!!!
    Break even painting target 2013: 268 models. Number complete: 59
    Break even painting target 2014: 305 models. Number complete: 102
    Break even painting target 2015: 11 models.

Seems I'm a little late chiming in, but Bunka - great job on that noble. He looks great! Awesome use of the shadow warrior model. Fantastic freehand.

@mummo - Night goblins look like they're coming along nicely. I love the red!

@Mork - I agree with the others on the oxidized look, particularly on the priest's glaive. Very nicely done.

Looking forward to seeing you guys crush your target!

Rly nice stuff.. I just want to compliment the priests weapon. The turquoise/bronze effect on the weapon looks super nice

Now I've got the both Trolls done!

So, there are only the Savages to go. I'm too fast painter for three months..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast